Unstuffed Green Pepper Recipe
I came across a recipe for stuffed green peppers, and it was a recipe where they were cooked in the crockpot. I kind of then came up with my own idea of making stuffed green peppers in the crockpot, and make it more like an unstuffed green pepper casserole type dish. So here's what I came up with!
You Will Need:
-1lb ground beef or turkey
-1-2 cups cooked white or brown rice
-4 green peppers
-2 cans of diced tomatoes (I used the diced tomatoes already seasoned with oregano, basil & garlic)
-1 8oz can of tomato sauce
-1 large onion
-Tomato juice (the amount will vary on how juicy you want it to be, I used probably 3/4-1 cup)
-Mozzarella cheese (optional)
-Hot sauce (optional, but I don't recommend leaving it out, it REALLY helped the flavor)
Directions:
-Brown your beef or turkey and put in the crockpot when done.
-In the same skillet, saute the green peppers and onions (I had to split mine in two batches because I had a smaller skillet), and then add the diced tomatoes undrained and simmer with the peppers and onions for a few minutes. Then add to the crockpot.
-Add the tomato sauce to the crockpot.
-Add as much rice to the crockpot as you see fit, and then same with the tomato juice.
-Stir it all up good, add some hot sauce, and stir again, then turn on the crockpot to low for 3-4 hours, or high for 1-2 hours.
-About 30 minutes before time to serve it, add the mozzarella cheese and either melt on the top, or stir it in. Add as much or as little as you like. But it helps it hold together good and really makes it better.
I did not add hot sauce and mozzarella cheese to my recipe, but when I took a few bites, I was able to figure out that those 2 ingredients were what I needed, so in my own bowl I added the cheese and hot sauce, and next time will add them to the main dish.
This came out pretty good. I think I will make it for my family reunion. The rice got a little soft and mushy, but I kind of liked it like that. I think brown rice would probably hold up a little better.
You Will Need:
-1lb ground beef or turkey
-1-2 cups cooked white or brown rice
-4 green peppers
-2 cans of diced tomatoes (I used the diced tomatoes already seasoned with oregano, basil & garlic)
-1 8oz can of tomato sauce
-1 large onion
-Tomato juice (the amount will vary on how juicy you want it to be, I used probably 3/4-1 cup)
-Mozzarella cheese (optional)
-Hot sauce (optional, but I don't recommend leaving it out, it REALLY helped the flavor)
Directions:
-Brown your beef or turkey and put in the crockpot when done.
-In the same skillet, saute the green peppers and onions (I had to split mine in two batches because I had a smaller skillet), and then add the diced tomatoes undrained and simmer with the peppers and onions for a few minutes. Then add to the crockpot.
-Add the tomato sauce to the crockpot.
-Add as much rice to the crockpot as you see fit, and then same with the tomato juice.
-Stir it all up good, add some hot sauce, and stir again, then turn on the crockpot to low for 3-4 hours, or high for 1-2 hours.
-About 30 minutes before time to serve it, add the mozzarella cheese and either melt on the top, or stir it in. Add as much or as little as you like. But it helps it hold together good and really makes it better.
I did not add hot sauce and mozzarella cheese to my recipe, but when I took a few bites, I was able to figure out that those 2 ingredients were what I needed, so in my own bowl I added the cheese and hot sauce, and next time will add them to the main dish.
This came out pretty good. I think I will make it for my family reunion. The rice got a little soft and mushy, but I kind of liked it like that. I think brown rice would probably hold up a little better.

Comments
Post a Comment