End of a Busy Week!

This has been an extremely busy week. I've had appointments and plans and housework everyday! Today I plan to take it easy for the most part. We don't have any appointments for today, no big plans, nowhere we need to go, so we are going to spend the day relaxing, napping, and of course catching up on a bit of housework. Really have some yardwork that needs done too, but with the heat I'm not sure we will get to it!

Yesterday was a big day! First, I got a call, saying I was approved for a medical card! Yay! Now I can finally call and find a doctor and get an appointment scheduled! This is big news! I'm so relieved, and glad to finally get moving and see a doctor! Today James is gonna help me look at our choices and we will decide our top choices and then call and see who is available. And secondly, we had our WIC appointment which went very well for the most part! We first did the paperwork part and found out we were approved. Then my iron was checked which I was told it was very good. Then talked to a nutritionist about my eating habits and so on. Then finally talked to the person who explained how to use the coupons and such. I'm glad we were approved, that makes me really happy. I get juice and milk and cereal and peanut butter, fruits and veggies, beans, and so on! Now, I've got 5 coupons I've gotta use in this month, and 5 for each month after that. I go back every 3 months for a WIC appointment, so we go back the end of July.

One thing about the WIC appointment that really sucked was that I got weighed, and I didn't realize I would I guess. My starting weight before pregnancy was around 180, and that was in the MORNINGS when I would weigh in. During the day, I wasn't lower than probably 182 or 183. Day before yesterday I had not tracked my calories and watched what I ate, I guess I just wanted a slight break to eat whatever. Because of that too, I had WAY too much sodium, meaning bloating the next day. So between that, and the fact that I had to weigh in the afternoon after having two meals and 2 snacks already that day, I was weighing at 186. So WIC was then showing I gained 6 pounds in my only 7 weeks of pregnancy, and they have me as a nutritional risk, for gaining too much weight. Honestly I should have put my starting weight an afternoon weight if that was the case. It's making me look bad! And now I know from now on, when I go to WIC I will not have a bad eating day with high sodium the day before!!!

So starting today, and for a while, I'm going to log my calories on my regular My Fitness Pal, but also the USDA has a super tracker for food too. They not only count calories but also track how many servings of fruit and veggies and dairy, etc, that I have per day, and how many I should be having. I know at least for the last week I have been eating a good amount of calories, but they are not neccessarily all healthy calories for sure. I do want to try and eat at least more healthy foods. Less junk, more healthy stuff. I'll see how that works out for me. It will at least give me a focus to say I need some more fruit or I need some more dairy.

I also wish I could get a little exercise in. I got a short walk in yesterday, which felt nice, but walking is about all I'm comfortable doing right now. And not a ton of it. Until I see a doctor and get an okay that I'm safe to get some sort of exercise, then I'm not going to chance it. Especially with my mild cramping I have, I just feel safer taking it easy until I see a doctor. Hopefully now that I have insurance, that won't be too far away.

So, we've got a break today, then busy day saturday, and as far as I know, a break sunday. As far as I know, we don't have lots of plans next week. No appointments that I know of... yet. Haha. But we do have housework to catch up on for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

More Baby Movement?