38 Weeks

Here is my picture for the week! (One day late though).

38 Weeks & 1 Day: December 18th


Only two more weeks to go!!!! However I am hoping that Mackinley will come today or tomorrow. Otherwise, I would like her to stay in there until at least the day after Christmas! I just don't want to have her too close to Christmas. If she's a Christmas baby, then so be it, that's just not what I'm hoping for.

This week, the most plans we have is my doctors appointment again this week. The day after Christmas. Otherwise, it's normal housework, and relaxing.

As for guesses this week on when Mackinley will be here, my official guess is today and one more person also said today. Then mom is hoping for today, but again her official guess is January 1st. Then we have one person who guessed tomorrow the 18th (and one family member out of state who is hoping for the 18th but unofficially, not in the game), two people who guessed wednesday the 19th, one person who guessed thursday the 20th (unofficially, it's not part of the game, that's just a simple guess they said), one person that says saturday the 22nd, and then FOUR, yes FOUR people who think sunday the 23rd. The 23rd is the day with the most guessers, so we will see if the most popular guess will be the correct one.

Here are my weight changes each day last week.

Tuesday (12/11): Up 0.8lbs
Wednesday (12/12): Up 0.2lbs
Thursday (12/13): No Change
Friday (12/14): Down 0.6lbs
Saturday (12/15): Up 0.8lbs
Sunday (12/16): Up 2.4lbs (yeah insane, I don't get it)
Monday, today (12/17): Up 1.0lb

Here are some Mackinley related things we accomplished last week:
-I finished up my Christmas shopping for James, so that I don't have to go back out and do anything more for him. Only thing I still need to do is get another little something for his stocking. Otherwise, everything is done for him.
-James packed up his bag for the hospital (at least for the most part, he's still gotta throw a few things in there last minute).
-We finished up ALL of our Christmas shopping! There's room for me to get another little something for James' stocking, and maybe another little something for one other person, but that's it.
-Again I washed up the few new clothing items for Mackinley we had gotten over the last week.
-I finished up decorating for Christmas. I didn't get out quite as much as we normally have out, but there's too much else going on, and James will probably be the one to take most of it down anyways, so it's less on him to do later.
-I finished wrapping all the rest of the gifts we had bought earlier in the week and finally got the tree pushed back in the corner and all the presents put underneath.
-James wrapped up all his gifts for me and wrapping he needs to do.
-I got Mackinley's rug put down in her room and her room is finished and ready, except for moving little things off the corners of the rug (trying to flatten it out), and then there's a couple things James needs to hang up a few things still. Otherwise her room is DONE.

I got a call monday while I was grocery shopping from the doctors office. They left a message to call back. So that was the first thing I did when I got home and heard the message! Because I knew it was my test results. So when I called, the nurse was the one who talked to me. She said my bloodwork and my urine test all came back fine. There was no extra protein or things in it, so there was no signs of pre-eclampsia, and no reason right now to be induced. So that was good on one hand, that I am not going through pre-eclampsia and that I won't need to be induced. Just kind of sucks that it would have been a reason to have my babygirl last week.

However, the nurse also told me that I am drinking TOO MUCH fluids. Seriously?! Too much fluids? I have never heard that before. Especially because they are always pushing when I go, asking how much I drink, and telling me that the best thing to do when you have swollen ankles and so on, is to drink more water, not cut water out! I don't know, I'm pretty confused. But they said from my urine test they could tell I've taken in 5 liters of fluids in one day and apparently that's too much. They want me to cut back to 64 oz. Really?! That's only 4 bottles of water in a day! I normally drink 6-10 bottles of water a day, PLUS maybe a pop, maybe a glass of juice, some milk, a glass of coffee, maybe some chocolate milk. I don't know how I was supposed to cut it down. She said from all the liquids I was taking in, it was making me have a lot of water weight gain.

So my plan was to try and track what I was drinking and the amounts, and to try and pay attention to when I'm drinking and actually thirsty and when I'm drinking just out of habit. And to try and cut it down, but I get headaches if I don't get enough to drink, so I only tried my best. Here are some estimates of the liquid intake I had each day starting tuesday when I started trying to do better.

Tuesday (12/11): Coffee - 8oz, Water - 78oz, Juice - 8oz, Milk - 8oz = 102oz (over by 38, but only over on water by 14).
Wednesday (12/12): Coffee - 8oz, Milk - 8oz, Water - 66oz, Pop - 12oz = 94oz (better than the day before, over by 30, but only over on water by 2)
Thursday (12/13): Milk - 8oz, Juice - 8oz, Water - 70oz = 86oz (better than the day before, over by 22oz, but only over on water by 6oz)
Friday (12/14): Pop - 32oz, Milk - 8oz, Water - 64oz, Coffee - 8oz = 112oz (worst day so far, but I did good on water, just had too much pop really)
Saturday (12/15): Coffee - 8oz, Water - 87oz = 95oz (much better than the day before, over about 31, but only over on water about 23)
Sunday (12/16): Pop - 12oz, Juice - 8oz, Water - 60oz = 80oz (best day so far, under on water, and only over about 16 total)

Keep in mind, 5 liters (which is what I supposedly had been drinking), is 169oz, so I was able to cut back as you can see. Not as much as they wanted, but I did cut back quite a bit.

I slept really horrible monday night. I think the same thing happened last week. Maybe it's a monday thing, I don't know. I just tossed and turned all night long. I couldn't get comfortable, I couldn't seem to fall very deeply asleep. James said he tossed and turned a lot too, but I don't know if that was on his own, or if I was disturbing him with all my moving.

It was another napping kind of week. I guess I'm just trying to make sure I've got enough sleep because soon I will have a baby here and not be getting much. Monday I took about an hour nap (somewhat interrupted and broken up, but about an hour total), then tuesday I had about a 45 minute nap, wednesday I got about a 45 minute nap, thursday I got about an hour and a half nap, and friday I did not nap at all.

At my doctor's appointment thursday, things went great! First of all my blood pressure wasn't horrible. 138/90, so slightly high, but it's been worse. Mackinley's heartbeat was in the 160s. Then I found out I gained only one pound in a week, so eating more protein and less carbs was apparently helping. I really am not sure though if cutting back on the liquids really helped that or not. The doctor I saw was like my #3 ranked doctor, but she really was nice today and did good, so I may rearrange my ranking. Apparently this doctor doesn't always do a pelvic exam until 39 weeks, but she could do one if I wanted, so I chose to have her do one, because I'm hoping for Mackinley early, so I wanted to see if things were progressing any. I am glad I did!!!! I was 1cm dilated and 50% thinned out! She said that's a good change from having nothing the week before!

She did tell me that if I want to be induced that they will do that anytime 39 weeks of after. I will be 39 weeks on christmas eve though, and I really don't want her that close to christmas IF I can help it. Plus I don't really want to be induced, so I will tell her no on that. I want her early, but not enough that I feel I need to be induced. I think inducing me may cause a harder labor and so on. I will let her come naturally (even if I push things along naturally), whether she comes now or christmas day or new years or whatever. She said if my blood pressure rises up though, they may induce me sometime anyways, but that will be different because it will be medically neccessary. If it's not neccessary, I'm gonna say no.

My next doctors appointment is today. I'm supposed to decide by today if I want to be induced next week, but I made up my decision pretty much right away. I'm seeing my (currently) #1 ranked doctor, but like I said, I may be rearranging them a little because I do like my #3 doctor better than I did. So anyways, I'm excited to see today if I'm dilated anymore! I've been working the past few days on walking and having sex (the only two sure ways to help start/progress labor) to get things moving along! So we will see if it's helped any!!! I'm very excited to find out! I think it's helped some, because I've been having some discomfort in my lower belly, a lot more cramping way down low, and some pressure, so I think it's been helping!!!! We will see! Fingers crossed!

All last week I worked hard on cutting back carbs (I did not cut them out completely, but cut them way back from what I was eating), and upping my protein. I had cereal only once in the last week. That was hard for me, but I did it. And I made myself a healthy breakfast every morning as the doctor suggested. Each day I made 2 eggs (different ways each day, had scrambled eggs twice, fried eggs once, and an omelet twice, each time adding some veggies, some cheese, some salsa, sour cream, etc). Then I had one piece of toast. And I had either 3 slices of bacon, or 3 sausage links. And I had a half a grapefruit, except friday I had one orange because I ran out of grapefruit. A healthy filling breakfast. And then I tried to plan our meals around protein and tried to stay away from as much carbs as possible. Thankfully it worked pretty well. Just gotta keep up trying! Friday I did horrible though. Good breakfast, somewhat bad lunch, bad snack, bad dinner. It only got worse as the day went on. Probably the reason my weight was up so much sunday, it finally caught up to me. And saturday I ate okay. Sunday was a pretty bad day with eating. So the doctor will probably not be happy with my weight today.

James came home from work early today because he's not feeling well. His back is hurting, and he feels sick, and he threw up at work. He never calls off sick for work, so he must really not be feeling well. I don't know if maybe it's something he ate yesterday, or if he caught something from someone at his work meeting yesterday, or what. I just hope and pray it's not something contagious because I kissed him last night and this morning! And it sucks because he may not be feeling up to going to my doctors appointment with me. I'll have to wait and see. If he can't go though, his mom may be going with me.

Another long post, but it could be my last post for a bit if Mackinley comes soon! We will see! Lots of info to write about!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?