23 Weeks, 24 Weeks, & More!
Well both weeks, I was a day late getting my belly pictures, but here you go!
23 Weeks & 1 Day: September 4th
24 Weeks & 1 Day: September 11th
So I've been feeling Miss Mackinley lots more this past month or so. However some days she moves around a whole bunch, and other days I only feel her a couple times. Either way it's really cool. I'm still working on being able to feel her on the outside though, because James has still not felt her! I figured by this time he would be able to, but he's never around at the right moments! Haha. Hopefully in the next couple weeks!
I've been working harder on eating better. I do good maybe 3-4 days a week, but those other 3-4 days I struggle. However maybe only once a week do I really eat much "junk". Otherwise, I just eat too much. I've been eating healthier though all around. LOTS of fruits for me. My weight has gone up some, but not as bad as last month. The doctor was telling me last month I gained 20 pounds in 4 weeks (which I don't know how in the world I could gain that much), but anyways, I believe in the last 4 weeks, I've only gained about 7. Not the best, but MUCH better than before. MUCH MUCH better. I'm still trying though.
And I've been exercising 2-3 times a week for the past month also. The past two weeks at least I know I've swam twice for about 45 minutes to an hour, and then did a pregnancy VHS workout at home once which is 30 minutes. MUCH better than I was doing. With this nice weather I hope to get more walks in. I was hoping for James to come along with me, but he's always busy with something else or doesn't feel up to it, so I may have to make the walks just for me.
I had my 24 week doctors appointment yesterday and it was a REALLY long appointment and I had to get tons done. We were there for an hour and a half!
*First, I had my regular doctors appointment. I saw a new doctor to the office and I liked her. (Secretly I've been ranking the doctors I've seen as to who I like the most and she is #2 so far.) I still have one doctor I have not yet seen and two midwives, but I'm not sure if I will even see the other midwives because they were keeping me with all doctors I believe. Anyways, she did the normal, checked the heartbeat, said it was good, measured my belly (first time they've done that actually), and answered any questions and asked me some questions. And of course I got my blood pressure taken. It was slightly high when they took it (just like at the last appointment), so they made me lay on my left side for a couple minutes and took it again, and it was better. 130 over 60 the second time. So I'm at least glad that it is only slightly high and so far both times they have taken it the second time, it's been better. I'm still working on the weight gain and eating better so that my blood pressure does not get worse and affect Mackinley. They also are sending me back to the same doctor at my next appointment, but I think that's because she just didn't read my chart to see that they are sending me around to all of them. I will talk to her about it at my next appointment. I still have plenty of appointments to meet the other doctor. And midwives if need be.
*Secondly, I had my one hour glucola test. The drink itself was not too bad. Really sweet, of course, but the after taste was probably the worst. It almost had like a little kick to it because of the sweetness and it just left my mouth so dry! I couldn't get a drink until I went out to the waiting room. Thankfully it did not give me any bad side effects. I did not feel sick to my stomach or lightheaded or anything like that. I thought that was a good sign, and the nurse confirmed that she usually thinks if there is no reaction that it's a good sign that all will come out well. So they drew a little vial of blood and I was told that if I heard from them before my appointment it was probably not good news, and to assume that no news is good news and I will find out at my next appointment. So we will see. If I can make it through to friday without hearing anything, I think I'll be good.
*Third, while she took blood for the glucola test, she also took another vial of blood to check for anemia. Just general testing apparently. At least they took it all at once rather than sticking me at another appointment for it. I think it's the same as the glucola test, if I don't hear anything, that means it should be fine and I can ask about it at my next appointment. I also don't think I'm going to bruise too much where she drew blood. I did bruise really bad last time, but she did my right arm then. I have a better vein on my left so maybe that's why it won't bruise this time because she did my left arm.
*Fourth, I also was given a TDAP vaccine. I was thinking it was just for the whooping cough, but apparently it was also for diptheria and tetanus too. I was told it will most likely make my arm sore for 4-5 days, and now I understand why, because the tetanus shots usually do that to you. Thankfully my arm is not too sore this morning. Tender when I touch it or raise it up very high, but otherwise it's alright. They also mentioned a flu shot, but I was only given one shot, so unless they mixed the two together in one shot, I did not get the flu shot. I don't think it was PLANNED for me to get the flu shot anyways, I just know they mentioned it possibly when I got there.
*Fifth, I had my other ultrasound for them to get pictures of the inside parts of Mackinley's heart that they could not get before. They had no problems getting the pictures they needed this time. It was nice seeing our babygirl again! She is measuring at one pound 9 ounces already! She's still in the head down position and still pretty low (her head is right around my waist line), so I asked if we should be worried about her already being head down, because I've had so many people tell me she's gonna come early because of it, but the tech said that it was no reason she would come early and we should not be worried. She said that some babies just are head down most of the time. I also got 4 new pictures! I wasn't expecting anymore pictures since it was kind of a follow up ultrasound, but I got a few! One of her foot, one of her face, one of her heartbeat (which was 138bpm), and then one of her girly parts. Yes I asked if she could just triple check it was still showing a girl and it was!
So that was our appointment!
Unfortunately heartburn is picking up a lot. I've got it a few times a week now, and it doesn't seem that any specific food triggers it. Just anything apparently.
We've been working on baby shower stuff this past week or two trying to get things figured out. We've looked at some decorations and gotten ideas of what we want to get. And we've also started calling around to places to have the baby shower. We were hoping for just a place to have it and make our own food, but we may end up with a resteraunt and the food that's there, because we are having trouble finding a place that's very cheap! We are hoping for the baby shower to be in the first week or two of November.
So I think that's it for now.
23 Weeks & 1 Day: September 4th
24 Weeks & 1 Day: September 11th
So I've been feeling Miss Mackinley lots more this past month or so. However some days she moves around a whole bunch, and other days I only feel her a couple times. Either way it's really cool. I'm still working on being able to feel her on the outside though, because James has still not felt her! I figured by this time he would be able to, but he's never around at the right moments! Haha. Hopefully in the next couple weeks!
I've been working harder on eating better. I do good maybe 3-4 days a week, but those other 3-4 days I struggle. However maybe only once a week do I really eat much "junk". Otherwise, I just eat too much. I've been eating healthier though all around. LOTS of fruits for me. My weight has gone up some, but not as bad as last month. The doctor was telling me last month I gained 20 pounds in 4 weeks (which I don't know how in the world I could gain that much), but anyways, I believe in the last 4 weeks, I've only gained about 7. Not the best, but MUCH better than before. MUCH MUCH better. I'm still trying though.
And I've been exercising 2-3 times a week for the past month also. The past two weeks at least I know I've swam twice for about 45 minutes to an hour, and then did a pregnancy VHS workout at home once which is 30 minutes. MUCH better than I was doing. With this nice weather I hope to get more walks in. I was hoping for James to come along with me, but he's always busy with something else or doesn't feel up to it, so I may have to make the walks just for me.
I had my 24 week doctors appointment yesterday and it was a REALLY long appointment and I had to get tons done. We were there for an hour and a half!
*First, I had my regular doctors appointment. I saw a new doctor to the office and I liked her. (Secretly I've been ranking the doctors I've seen as to who I like the most and she is #2 so far.) I still have one doctor I have not yet seen and two midwives, but I'm not sure if I will even see the other midwives because they were keeping me with all doctors I believe. Anyways, she did the normal, checked the heartbeat, said it was good, measured my belly (first time they've done that actually), and answered any questions and asked me some questions. And of course I got my blood pressure taken. It was slightly high when they took it (just like at the last appointment), so they made me lay on my left side for a couple minutes and took it again, and it was better. 130 over 60 the second time. So I'm at least glad that it is only slightly high and so far both times they have taken it the second time, it's been better. I'm still working on the weight gain and eating better so that my blood pressure does not get worse and affect Mackinley. They also are sending me back to the same doctor at my next appointment, but I think that's because she just didn't read my chart to see that they are sending me around to all of them. I will talk to her about it at my next appointment. I still have plenty of appointments to meet the other doctor. And midwives if need be.
*Secondly, I had my one hour glucola test. The drink itself was not too bad. Really sweet, of course, but the after taste was probably the worst. It almost had like a little kick to it because of the sweetness and it just left my mouth so dry! I couldn't get a drink until I went out to the waiting room. Thankfully it did not give me any bad side effects. I did not feel sick to my stomach or lightheaded or anything like that. I thought that was a good sign, and the nurse confirmed that she usually thinks if there is no reaction that it's a good sign that all will come out well. So they drew a little vial of blood and I was told that if I heard from them before my appointment it was probably not good news, and to assume that no news is good news and I will find out at my next appointment. So we will see. If I can make it through to friday without hearing anything, I think I'll be good.
*Third, while she took blood for the glucola test, she also took another vial of blood to check for anemia. Just general testing apparently. At least they took it all at once rather than sticking me at another appointment for it. I think it's the same as the glucola test, if I don't hear anything, that means it should be fine and I can ask about it at my next appointment. I also don't think I'm going to bruise too much where she drew blood. I did bruise really bad last time, but she did my right arm then. I have a better vein on my left so maybe that's why it won't bruise this time because she did my left arm.
*Fourth, I also was given a TDAP vaccine. I was thinking it was just for the whooping cough, but apparently it was also for diptheria and tetanus too. I was told it will most likely make my arm sore for 4-5 days, and now I understand why, because the tetanus shots usually do that to you. Thankfully my arm is not too sore this morning. Tender when I touch it or raise it up very high, but otherwise it's alright. They also mentioned a flu shot, but I was only given one shot, so unless they mixed the two together in one shot, I did not get the flu shot. I don't think it was PLANNED for me to get the flu shot anyways, I just know they mentioned it possibly when I got there.
*Fifth, I had my other ultrasound for them to get pictures of the inside parts of Mackinley's heart that they could not get before. They had no problems getting the pictures they needed this time. It was nice seeing our babygirl again! She is measuring at one pound 9 ounces already! She's still in the head down position and still pretty low (her head is right around my waist line), so I asked if we should be worried about her already being head down, because I've had so many people tell me she's gonna come early because of it, but the tech said that it was no reason she would come early and we should not be worried. She said that some babies just are head down most of the time. I also got 4 new pictures! I wasn't expecting anymore pictures since it was kind of a follow up ultrasound, but I got a few! One of her foot, one of her face, one of her heartbeat (which was 138bpm), and then one of her girly parts. Yes I asked if she could just triple check it was still showing a girl and it was!
So that was our appointment!
Unfortunately heartburn is picking up a lot. I've got it a few times a week now, and it doesn't seem that any specific food triggers it. Just anything apparently.
We've been working on baby shower stuff this past week or two trying to get things figured out. We've looked at some decorations and gotten ideas of what we want to get. And we've also started calling around to places to have the baby shower. We were hoping for just a place to have it and make our own food, but we may end up with a resteraunt and the food that's there, because we are having trouble finding a place that's very cheap! We are hoping for the baby shower to be in the first week or two of November.
So I think that's it for now.
Comments
Post a Comment