Where Has The Time Gone?!

Last thing I know I was posting about my labor from where I had Mackinley, and now she's almost 8 months old! Where has the time gone!? All those people who tell you that the time flys by when you have little ones, they were right, so listen! On one hand it's been a long journey, but on the other, it's like where has time gone?

Mackinley is growing so fast. At her 6 month doctor appointment, she was 18lbs already. She's into size 3 diapers, size 6-9 month clothes, so much has changed. She now crawls, she sits up on her own, she can really get around in the walker, she loves to swim and jump and play with her toys, and she pulls herself up. She started out sleeping in a glider in our room for her first few weeks of life, then for a few months ended up in bed with us, then around 4 months I believe I got her sleeping in a bassinett, and then a week or so ago when she started climbing out of her bassinett, she now sleeps in her crib in her own room. She's taken her first vacation to Pennsylvania and did great. She breastfed for about 3 weeks after she was born, but it was a horrible experience for me. It was extremely painful, and I was suffering from some depression because of the whole thing. So around that time I started pumping and bottle feeding her, and she got breastmilk supplemented with a little formula for about 2 weeks until my supply picked up. From then on she had exclusively breastmilk. Only within the past 2 weeks have I supplemented with formula again because my supply is running very low. She started baby cereal at 4 months, fruits and vegetables at 5 months, and meats at 6 months. Just within the last week she has started on baby snacks like puffs and yogurt bites.

We've settled into a pretty good routine. She's up between 8 and 9 usually in the mornings, she plays for about an hour while I get breakfast and everything, then she has her breakfast (she's not a huge breakfast fan). About 2 hours after she got up in the morning, she's down for her first nap. I then usually pump while she's napping (a big reason my supply is running low because she's napping much less). Then once she's up we usually play and I clean up the house a bit, and she has lunch. When I get free time I get my lunch. James is usually home from work about 2pm, which is usually around her second nap time. Then we spend our time running errands, cleaning house, playing with Mackinley, etc. She has a snack around 3-4pm, and dinner around 6-8pm. She usually has about 3-4 naps a day on average. Usually her last nap in the evening we have to get by taking a walk in the stroller. She is usually in bed between 9:30 and 10:30. She sleeps pretty well through the nights. She still wakes up to eat about 1-2 times and usually will go right back to sleep. I'm thankful she sleeps well, even if she does put up a bit of a fight actually going to bed.

As for blogging, I just have been so busy. Between keeping up with her and keeping the house cleaned, and summer is always busy with holidays and birthdays and so much always going on, I just don't have a lot of free time to just be on the computer. I knew having her would take up a lot of my time, but I guess I assumed I'd still have time (or energy) to keep up with most of my stuff on the computer. Oh well, I don't miss a lot of it. My games can wait, contests aren't important. I do miss keeping up with everyone on facebook though and I miss blogging about my life. Since she's getting older though, I plan to find more time to blog at least. Also my laptop kinda died on me so I've been using James' and it's a lot slower than mine.

Now for the weight loss part of this post....

You know I gained a lot of weight while pregnant. I gained around 90 pounds. After I had Mackinley I dropped close to 40 pounds like it was nothing. Then I've been stuck ever since then. I am tired of being big and I wanna get the rest of the weight off now. I want to be healthy and be comfortable with my body. Before long Mackinley is gonna be up and running and all over the place and I wanna be able to keep up with her. And of course look good doing so.

I have not had the motivation or energy to lose the rest of this weight, so I joined a fitness challenge again. It's gonna be the push I need to get it moving again. James is not joining with me this time, it's gonna be just me. Which is okay. I've got a new trainer this time, and I'm gonna work hard and try and win this thing again.

My goals for this fitness challenge:

*Drop 30lbs during the time frame
*Be able to run a mile again without stopping
*Do as well as or better than my time in the last 5K
*Workout an additional 2-3 times per week on top of my training session

I feel the push to join the challenge now, because James is planning to start school in January (most likely), and he's gonna be going to school, and working, and have homework and stuff to do, so he's not gonna be available much for a while. So I'm taking advantage now for him to keep Mackinley while I get this done for myself. Then hopefully once I start seeing results again, it will give me motivation to continue on my own. If not, I will see how likely it will be for me to join another fitness challenge.

I had my beginner assessment last night for the challenge and I was so disappointed in myself. Everything was so much worse than the time before. Just gives me more motivation to improve myself. The informational meeting is September 5th, and then the challenge actually starts September 9th. I'm gonna spend the next couple weeks eating a few things I really want, but also trying to not gain anymore before the start of the challenge.

So I'll try my best to keep everyone updated throughout this challenge and keep you updated on my life as a mommy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?