Day 106 - Finally a Gym Membership!

Tuesday, I finally went and got a gym membership. I have not used it yet, but I plan to tonight. Wednesday we went and got a tour of the gym. Jogging track, pools, basketball courts, raquetball courts, and of course a regular gym with equipment like treadmills, etc. After getting a tour of the gym I do feel better about going there. However, being who I am, I'm still very nervous about doing certain things in the gym. I'm a big girl, and while on one hand I feel awkward in a gym running or doing certain things with my fat flopping around everyone, but on the other hand, I feel no one should have anything to say to me, because whether I'm big or not I AM at the gym TRYING to fix it. I'm just stuck and torn between the two feelings. I want to be able to go in there and use the treadmills and weights and stuff like that. I just need to get used to being there. I think it will be awkward at first, but I'm HOPING that I can get used to being there and it comes more naturally and I won't be the new girl anymore. I want to try and go at off times, and stay out of the way as much as possible. It's just going to take some getting used to, but I don't want to give up.

On the other hand, I won't feel so awkward just using the jogging track or basketball courts or even the raquetball courts. I may have to start out with those things and work my way up. As for today's plan to workout, I'm not sure what we will be doing. I think today I would prefer jogging or maybe basketball. I guess we will see how it all goes!

Can't believe it's taken me 106 days, to finally get a membership to a gym. Oh well, at least it's better late than never! I'm excited to finally use it!

In some other good news, the weight that I had gained back after starting to exercise, I finally dropped again. So now I'm back down to 222.6, which is where I keep hitting the wall. Between 220 and 222ish. Hopefully hitting the gym will help me start dropping more. I don't have much time left in summer to get below 200, which is my goal for now. I need to work hard. It's possible, but very much a stretch.

Comments

  1. You're at the gym, not at Mcdonalds. Everyone is there for the same reason :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?