Smores Oatmeal Recipe

I am currently eating this right now and wanted to get it on my blog ASAP! It's delicious! I know oatmeal is good for me, so I am always trying to find yummy things to add to it to make it better. Feel free to edit the recipe a bit to your liking! This recipe is just for one serving

You Will Need:
-1/2 cup real oats (I have aldi's 100% whole grain quick oats) or 1/4 cup steel cut oats (Again I used aldi's brand)
-1 cup water for real oats (or you can do 1/2 water 1/2 milk for a creamier one I think, but harder to make in the microwave) or 1 1/2 cups of water for the steel cut
-3 squares of a chocolate bar for real oats or 2 squares for steel cut oats
-1/4 cup mini marshmallows
-1/2 sheet of a honey graham cracker

Directions:
-Prepare the oatmeal as directed (I use the microwave).
-While it's still hot, put in the chocolate and stir until melted in.
-Now you have the choice of mixing in the marshmallows while it's hot so they melt in, or if you would rather have the whole marshmallows floating around in there, wait until it's cooled some. I prefer them not fully melted in.
-Then crumble up the graham cracker and stir into the oatmeal mix.
-Eat and enjoy!

This recipe was 281 calories for a whole bowl of the steel cut oats. It's a little higher in calories than a regular breakfast for me, but oatmeal is usually more filling and sticks with me a bit longer. Plus it's a yummy sweet treat!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?