13 Weeks, 14 Weeks & Disaster!
I'll start off first with the good, and pregnancy related stuff. Here are my 13 and 14 week pictures, however my 14 week picture was taken a few days late.
13 Weeks: June 25th (This one is a bare belly picture because the clothed one ended up blurry, sorry).
14 Weeks & 3 Days: July 5th
I feel like I'm starting to show a little more, but have read that it's pretty normal around now. It's just hard to tell how much was already there before pregnancy and what's new, and then what's bloating, and not baby.
Morning sickness has slowed quite a bit, and the tiredness has just a little. Some days though I do feel like I have a little more energy, so I work hard to get things done. This morning is one of those mornings. It's the first day in a long time I haven't gone back to sleep after James left for work (for a few reasons), and I've been busy already this morning getting things done.
Now for the rough part.
We had a big storm friday night and 2/3 of the whole state lost power, like 2 million customers or something. We unfortunately were one of them. We did not get power back until tuesday morning. Making a total of 3 days and 17 hours without power. Here are some pictures and stories about our days in the dark.
Food was a big problem. Pretty much ALL the stores were closed and by saturday morning pretty much everything in our fridge was bad and freezer was thawed. We did not have much choice on what to eat at all. LUCKILY we had a grill that we could at least cook some things on. We had everything from some chicken, to hot dogs, to pork chops, to bacon and sausage, to frozen pizza, and even leftover jumbalaya (yeah, not easy on the grill). Meals were usually a meat and a can of fruit. Sunday we were able to get to a store that was open and try to fight the rush to get some ice, so we at least had some bags of ice to put in our freezer to at least keep things cool. Sunday while we got ice, we also got some foods that we could do on the grill or wouldn't need to be heated. We got some poptarts for breakfast, some cans of spam, some tuna salad mixes, some bread, more cans of fruit, etc. By the time we got power though, most things needed to be thrown away. Our fridge and freezer ended up very empty. We took out 4-5 bags of food to the trash.
This is one of our pizza's that had been done on the grill. You can't tell but the bottoms got quite burnt.
This is another pizza on the grill.
This was our attempt at heating up leftover jumbalaya on the grill.
Here's all our table with our condiments left out getting warm, potato chips, and so on.
Here's our bacon on the grill, which wasn't bad, just sucked it was pretty much the main dish at our meal.
Here's some of our shopping trip stuff.
Here's our tons of containers that need to be dumped and washed. Dreading it by the way. I've got so much dishes to catch up on. Like 2-3 loads. And 2-3 loads of laundry too.
The first two nights without power we tried to tough it out in the bedroom upstairs. The first night was alright, but the second night was MISERABLE! So we decided to move the mattress from the bed to the basement to sleep for the next few nights. It was quite a bit cooler in the basement. Once the power came back on also, we have slept down there the last few nights because it's taking forever to cool off upstairs. We should be alright to move things back upstairs tonight. It's just if we feel like moving it back upstairs.
Here's our temporary bed in the basement.
We had tons of trees down all around the area. This one below was right across the street from us.
Whether from the heat, from stress, or from I don't know what, I have developed a rash on my stomach. Big red bumps similar to spider bites, and that's what they feel like too. They don't itch too much, they kinda hurt. Two years ago I had this same thing, but the doctors never quite figured out what it was. They kind of assumed an allergic reaction, but I had not changed any soap or detergent or anything. And still have not. I don't think spider bites because they seem to spread pretty quickly. I had even wondered about shingles, but the doctor at the time had said no. It seems to be fading away a bit now finally. But I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so if it's still there, I will see if they are worried about it. Below is a picture of a patch.
I'm so happy and thankful though that our power is back on. I feel terrible for anyone else still dealing with it. We had it off for almost 4 days, so I understand. This heat is outrageous also. My mom is still without power. We had them over yesterday for a cookout for the 4th of July, and everyone got to take a shower (because they are without water also), and they got to do a load of laundry and enjoy some air conditioning all day. They were here for like 8 hours! No one wanted to go home! I understand why though! I was so happy to get power back and air conditioning, so I understand.
Anyways, that's gonna be all for now. Got so much to catch up on today.
13 Weeks: June 25th (This one is a bare belly picture because the clothed one ended up blurry, sorry).
14 Weeks & 3 Days: July 5th
I feel like I'm starting to show a little more, but have read that it's pretty normal around now. It's just hard to tell how much was already there before pregnancy and what's new, and then what's bloating, and not baby.
Morning sickness has slowed quite a bit, and the tiredness has just a little. Some days though I do feel like I have a little more energy, so I work hard to get things done. This morning is one of those mornings. It's the first day in a long time I haven't gone back to sleep after James left for work (for a few reasons), and I've been busy already this morning getting things done.
Now for the rough part.
We had a big storm friday night and 2/3 of the whole state lost power, like 2 million customers or something. We unfortunately were one of them. We did not get power back until tuesday morning. Making a total of 3 days and 17 hours without power. Here are some pictures and stories about our days in the dark.
Food was a big problem. Pretty much ALL the stores were closed and by saturday morning pretty much everything in our fridge was bad and freezer was thawed. We did not have much choice on what to eat at all. LUCKILY we had a grill that we could at least cook some things on. We had everything from some chicken, to hot dogs, to pork chops, to bacon and sausage, to frozen pizza, and even leftover jumbalaya (yeah, not easy on the grill). Meals were usually a meat and a can of fruit. Sunday we were able to get to a store that was open and try to fight the rush to get some ice, so we at least had some bags of ice to put in our freezer to at least keep things cool. Sunday while we got ice, we also got some foods that we could do on the grill or wouldn't need to be heated. We got some poptarts for breakfast, some cans of spam, some tuna salad mixes, some bread, more cans of fruit, etc. By the time we got power though, most things needed to be thrown away. Our fridge and freezer ended up very empty. We took out 4-5 bags of food to the trash.
This is one of our pizza's that had been done on the grill. You can't tell but the bottoms got quite burnt.
This is another pizza on the grill.
This was our attempt at heating up leftover jumbalaya on the grill.
Here's all our table with our condiments left out getting warm, potato chips, and so on.
Here's our bacon on the grill, which wasn't bad, just sucked it was pretty much the main dish at our meal.
Here's some of our shopping trip stuff.
Here's our tons of containers that need to be dumped and washed. Dreading it by the way. I've got so much dishes to catch up on. Like 2-3 loads. And 2-3 loads of laundry too.
The first two nights without power we tried to tough it out in the bedroom upstairs. The first night was alright, but the second night was MISERABLE! So we decided to move the mattress from the bed to the basement to sleep for the next few nights. It was quite a bit cooler in the basement. Once the power came back on also, we have slept down there the last few nights because it's taking forever to cool off upstairs. We should be alright to move things back upstairs tonight. It's just if we feel like moving it back upstairs.
Here's our temporary bed in the basement.
We had tons of trees down all around the area. This one below was right across the street from us.
Whether from the heat, from stress, or from I don't know what, I have developed a rash on my stomach. Big red bumps similar to spider bites, and that's what they feel like too. They don't itch too much, they kinda hurt. Two years ago I had this same thing, but the doctors never quite figured out what it was. They kind of assumed an allergic reaction, but I had not changed any soap or detergent or anything. And still have not. I don't think spider bites because they seem to spread pretty quickly. I had even wondered about shingles, but the doctor at the time had said no. It seems to be fading away a bit now finally. But I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so if it's still there, I will see if they are worried about it. Below is a picture of a patch.
I'm so happy and thankful though that our power is back on. I feel terrible for anyone else still dealing with it. We had it off for almost 4 days, so I understand. This heat is outrageous also. My mom is still without power. We had them over yesterday for a cookout for the 4th of July, and everyone got to take a shower (because they are without water also), and they got to do a load of laundry and enjoy some air conditioning all day. They were here for like 8 hours! No one wanted to go home! I understand why though! I was so happy to get power back and air conditioning, so I understand.
Anyways, that's gonna be all for now. Got so much to catch up on today.
i love the foods! =)
ReplyDeleteUltrasound Technician Salary in Alaska