15 Weeks

Here is my 15 Week picture!

15 Weeks: July 9th


Lots of good news this week. Our power stayed on, and we had family staying with us for a while since they didn't have power. It was stressful, as having houseguests usually is, but I was glad to help and have the company and they got power back on saturday!

Then sunday was my grandma's birthday so we went to mom's house for a change and she made some amazing lasagna's! I brought home leftovers (2 pieces), ate one last night, and one already this morning!

I had my doctor's appointment friday. It went really well. I really liked the doctor I saw. I was kinda upset to find out that the doctors and midwives do not leave to go deliver babies when their patients go into labor, so I will get whatever doctors or midwives are on call that day/night. So what they are doing is sending me around to have an appointment with each of the doctors and midwives so I at least have met all of them so that no matter who is there to deliver me, I have at least met them once. I did like the doctor friday more than the midwife the first time though.

The babies heartbeat was around 150-160 (which points towards girl right now, as the first heartbeat measure pointed towards boy haha). My blood pressure was good again! YAY! However the doctor did inform me (which the midwife had not mentioned), is that in early pregnancy most women's blood pressure goes down. So since mine is in a normal range, it could just be lowered from a high number, where as if I was normal, it would possibly be lower. She said that later on in pregnancy my blood pressure could go back up, but for now we will just watch it. She said if neccessary there is a well tested blood pressure medicine safe for pregnancy if I end up needing it.

I believe in my last post I talked about my special ultrasound set up for my birthday to find out the gender at a special ultrasound place with all my family there. Anyways, the doctor was really nice and instead of bringing me back in 4 weeks like I was supposed to, she pushed it to 5 weeks, so I could have my gender ultrasound at the doctors AFTER my ultrasound at the other place. It's only one day after, so I will have two days in a row of ultrasounds, but that's alright. I will at least get it confirmed of what the first place said. That means we have about a month to start getting more names picked out. I would like to possibly have one or two main ideas for names for each gender picked out and then when we find out what it is, we will have a more set idea about what we will call him/her. I'm not the type of person who wants people's opinions about the name and try and make everyone happy. This is James' and my choice, no one elses. You will either like it or not, but it's not gonna matter to me. I'm also not the type of person to want to keep it a secret. We are gonna keep it quiet at least until we find out the gender, but that's because we are still working on it and deciding on it.

My hunger has picked up. I feel hungry a lot more of the time. However for a few days there, I felt so hungry, and then when I would actually sit down to eat, I didn't eat too much before I felt full. But then after that, I'm just hungry and I eat and like 2-3 hours later I'm hungry again!

I'm getting less sleep and feeling alright. Which is good, so I can get more things done. I did however sleep in yesterday the longest I have in a long time. So maybe I was catching up on the less sleep.

My morning sickness is getting even better. I am only feeling sick every few days, not everyday now. I just hope it doesn't come back!

I also found out at the doctors friday, that I gained 10 pounds in 5 weeks! However I had just eaten lunch before going. Not sure if it made a difference though. I don't feel too disappointed in myself though, because I don't feel like I've gained that much. I don't feel that much heavier. I feel bigger, but not heavier. I don't know. Maybe I'm just in denial.

I realized I've been craving a lot of tomato-y stuff. Ketchup, spaghetti sauces, tomato juice, lasagna stuff, fresh tomatoes, etc. Anything cooked with tomatoes in it too.

Well I believe that's my updates for now. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?