20 Weeks & So Much More!

This is going to be a long post. Got lots to write about. First, for my 20 Week picture.

20 Weeks: August 13th


Now about the ultrasound and the gender for this post as promised! We had our special 3D/4D ultrasound yesterday, and it was great! It was a really nice 15-20 minute ultrasound session. They measured the baby, and she was measuring at 12 ounces.

Okay, so YES IT WAS A GIRL!!!!! <3 Anyways, she is measuring at 20 weeks and 3 days, so she was measuring 4 days ahead. Meaning the due date is really accurate. So we will have a baby I assume between christmas and new years. She was so adorable, had some skinny little legs, and a tiny little foot, but she had chubby cheeks! And a little button nose. She had her hands in her face a lot during the ultrasound, but we still got some good pictures. Here is my favorite!!!



After the ultrasound we had a little birthday party for me, because yesterday was also my birthday. It went pretty good. It wasn't anything too special it just was more cool to have the ultrasound yesterday. And with the car trouble we had yesterday morning (dead battery that wouldn't charge and we had to buy a new one ON my birthday UGH!), the ultrasound really brightened up my day.

The name will not be set in stone until the day she is born, but for right now, we have her name as Mackinley Dawn. Beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl.

Last night was so hard to sleep though, for one because I had coffee before the ultrasound to help her move around (although it didn't help too much haha), but mainly because James and I were just still so pumped up about the baby and we talked for way too long in bed about her. It was a wonderful feeling yesterday to have James finally show some excitement. I don't doubt he's been excited, he just hasn't SHOWN much excitement until yesterday. He played with my belly last night, and almost fell asleep with his hand resting on my belly, and he referred to her by her name, and really just talked about her more than he has before. He was even so excited to take the ultrasound pictures into work today to show off! I think after seeing a "baby" in there (because the first ultrasound didn't really look like a baby yet), and seeing her move and giving her a name and so on, made things so much more real for him.

So today, I was supposed to have a doctors appointment and my gender ultrasound at the doctors office, but they made a mistake and did not schedule the ultrasound part of the appointment for today. So we get to go back and do that wednesday morning. Just hoping James can get off work to go.

At the appointment, it did not go as well as I had hoped. They took my blood pressure, and she said it was a little high, so she took it again with another blood pressure cuff and said it was better, but still close to being in the "high" range. It was 134 over 82. So that is a new worry for me. I was afraid it would come back. Secondly, the doctor I saw today was the first to mention my weight gain. I KNOW I have gained way too much. I haven't really tried not to. That's my own fault, but being healthy is not easy for me, and never has been. Even more so now that I'm pregnant and seem to want to avoid certain foods or crave certain ones. So far this pregnancy, and I'm only halfway through, I have gained already 30-35 pounds. Yeah not good.

So my plan is, sometime this week, to start getting back into my fitness pal and logging my food. I will set my calorie goals to somewhere between 2000-2200. That is a healthy amount for a pregnant woman. If I can at least maintain my weight the rest of the pregnancy, I will be fine, because I will be in the correct weight gain range. I'm not sure how much walking I will get done, because of the heat outside and lack of time to walk at the gym on the track, but I plan to try. I also plan to swim maybe 1-2 times a week. It's DEFINITELY exercise and fun. I still haven't quite decided or researched if I should be eating back my exercise calories since I'm pregnant or not, but I will find that out before I start. I hope it comes back easily enough, but I think it may take me a week or two to get back into the habit and routine and find healthier things to fill me up.

Onto a less depressing subject, haha... Since we knew the gender now, I was DYING to go shopping. So after the doctors today, we went to the thrift store. I could not find any maternity clothes really, but I was just kind of looking. I'm not quite ready for any, but wanted to see if there was anything I wanted yet. We got I think like 3 onesies, a dress, a hat, and a couple diaper covers. Then we got a couple cute, girly picture frames, and a pink princess carseat/carrier cover for the winter. I'm so excited to finally have some girly stuff and picturing my baby in them!

I keep going back and forth in this post, but I'm trying to think about and write about too many things at once. I liked the new doctor today that we saw. She was nice. I believe I like the doctor we have at the last visit better, but I like her better than the first doctor I saw.

I know there was more I was wanting to post about, but it's getting close to my bedtime, and this post is long enough already. I'll just make a new post if I think of anything else later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?