Another Ultrasound, Weight, & More!
As I posted in my last post, I would be seeing the doctor for my gender ultrasound. Things got screwed up with my appointment, was supposed to be on monday but the doctors office just decided not to schedule it or something, so I had to fit it in this morning at 8am! James had to be picked up from work and taken back just to be able to go! But we got it done, and things went well, and he WAS there with me, so that's all that matters.
The ultrasound lasted a good 20-30 minutes or more. Which was nice on one hand that we got to see more of our baby! But on the other hand, James needed to get back to work, and got there pretty close to when he needed to be back. And I don't know if it's just me or what, but ultrasounds are a little painful after the first few minutes, and if they stay in one spot trying to push harder and harder to see something. I had a few sore spots from sunday's ultrasound. It wasn't as painful then though as today. Especially around my belly button it hurt pretty bad! I don't know if it's just growing pains or if it's because I'm a big girl or what it is.
At the doctors office today they were more focused on seeing her parts and her measurements and my inside parts, where as sunday they were more focused on seeing the baby as a whole and her face and so on. So of course today was not as exciting and cute, but it was still awesome to see my little girl.
Speaking of girl, they still said that it was a girl at the doctors today and she did NOT know my results from sunday before she looked for herself. So it makes me feel kinda better to see that they both are seeing the same thing. I still kinda wonder about how they can really tell completely from looking up underneath of them, like a butt view, but hey, I got two results, both the same, both what I was feeling, so I'm happy. I got my little girl.
Her measurements were all good. They said there was plenty of fluid around her, and everything looked good. She was measuring at 14 ounces, but sunday she was 12, so I know she didn't gain 2 ounces in a few days, I think it just shows that they can't be completely accurate on these ultrasounds when it comes to things like that.
The ultrasound tech scared the crap out of me at one point though. She was in the process of trying to measure the heartbeat, and when listening to it, it was cutting in and out, and would get quieter then louder. This went on for a few minutes, and I was getting worried that maybe something was wrong with her heartbeat. And the ultrasound tech asks "so do you guys have any cats?". And I just think to myself, crap, the cats have caused some sort of heart problem with my baby. BUT come to find out she was just making conversation, and the heartbeat was fine, she was just having trouble getting Mackinley to hold still to measure it, but she finally did get a good measurement, of 156bpm.
It's so weird, because sunday I had coffee before my ultrasound, and Mackinley did not really move around a whole ton. Today I had no caffeine, only breakfast, and she was moving all over the place! We came to the conclusion that maybe she's just a morning person! Haha.
Because of her moving around so much, it made things difficult for certain pictures, but the ultrasound tech was not able to get good pictures of her heart. So because of that, we get to have another ultrasound at our next doctors appointment in september to get the pictures of the heart. That doesn't bother me, because I will get to see my babygirl an extra time!
I also found out that she is head down, like lower in my belly than I thought, and her feet are near my belly button. I've been feeling almost like nerve twitches around my waist line or slightly lower, and I honestly thought it was just nerves twitching because I didn't think she would be that low. But since she is, I think what I'm feeling is her. She's either kicking me or it's her hands I'm feeling. In today's ultrasound, just like sunday's, she had her hands up in her face a lot.
Now, for my weight issues. The doctor is concerned about my weight gain (they are showing that I've gained around 34 pounds), and I am concerned that my blood pressure was SLIGHTLY high. I honestly didn't seem to care too much about the weight, but when it comes to the blood pressure, that I KNOW effects me AND Mackinley, so I want to be okay for her.
So I went back in my calendar and found the date I had weighed myself closest to the date I conceived, which was like 2 days after, and then weighed myself this morning. So according to my calculations (which is the most accurate, because the doctors office was a starting guess), I have gained 31.6 pounds so far. Better than the 34 the doctors are saying, but yes not good.
Today was the start of trying to eat better. I started back using my fitness pal and gave myself a goal of under 2200 a day. Today that will most likely not happen, because I only have like 440 calories for dinner, and I didn't count the peanut butter with my apples I had earlier. However I've eaten tons more healthy today than I have been. All my snacks today were fruits, veggies, or healthy grains. And breakfast was good for me. Lunch was not GOOD for me I would say, but I measured it out and it wasn't bad for me. It was yummy though! So it's looking like it's gonna take a week or so to get back into the routine of eating less. And if I feel HUNGRY, and my stomach is growling, I'm going to eat, because my baby is hungry too. But I'm going to try and not eat when I'm not hungry. I'm gonna try not to snack, just to snack.
The ultrasound lasted a good 20-30 minutes or more. Which was nice on one hand that we got to see more of our baby! But on the other hand, James needed to get back to work, and got there pretty close to when he needed to be back. And I don't know if it's just me or what, but ultrasounds are a little painful after the first few minutes, and if they stay in one spot trying to push harder and harder to see something. I had a few sore spots from sunday's ultrasound. It wasn't as painful then though as today. Especially around my belly button it hurt pretty bad! I don't know if it's just growing pains or if it's because I'm a big girl or what it is.
At the doctors office today they were more focused on seeing her parts and her measurements and my inside parts, where as sunday they were more focused on seeing the baby as a whole and her face and so on. So of course today was not as exciting and cute, but it was still awesome to see my little girl.
Speaking of girl, they still said that it was a girl at the doctors today and she did NOT know my results from sunday before she looked for herself. So it makes me feel kinda better to see that they both are seeing the same thing. I still kinda wonder about how they can really tell completely from looking up underneath of them, like a butt view, but hey, I got two results, both the same, both what I was feeling, so I'm happy. I got my little girl.
Her measurements were all good. They said there was plenty of fluid around her, and everything looked good. She was measuring at 14 ounces, but sunday she was 12, so I know she didn't gain 2 ounces in a few days, I think it just shows that they can't be completely accurate on these ultrasounds when it comes to things like that.
The ultrasound tech scared the crap out of me at one point though. She was in the process of trying to measure the heartbeat, and when listening to it, it was cutting in and out, and would get quieter then louder. This went on for a few minutes, and I was getting worried that maybe something was wrong with her heartbeat. And the ultrasound tech asks "so do you guys have any cats?". And I just think to myself, crap, the cats have caused some sort of heart problem with my baby. BUT come to find out she was just making conversation, and the heartbeat was fine, she was just having trouble getting Mackinley to hold still to measure it, but she finally did get a good measurement, of 156bpm.
It's so weird, because sunday I had coffee before my ultrasound, and Mackinley did not really move around a whole ton. Today I had no caffeine, only breakfast, and she was moving all over the place! We came to the conclusion that maybe she's just a morning person! Haha.
Because of her moving around so much, it made things difficult for certain pictures, but the ultrasound tech was not able to get good pictures of her heart. So because of that, we get to have another ultrasound at our next doctors appointment in september to get the pictures of the heart. That doesn't bother me, because I will get to see my babygirl an extra time!
I also found out that she is head down, like lower in my belly than I thought, and her feet are near my belly button. I've been feeling almost like nerve twitches around my waist line or slightly lower, and I honestly thought it was just nerves twitching because I didn't think she would be that low. But since she is, I think what I'm feeling is her. She's either kicking me or it's her hands I'm feeling. In today's ultrasound, just like sunday's, she had her hands up in her face a lot.
Now, for my weight issues. The doctor is concerned about my weight gain (they are showing that I've gained around 34 pounds), and I am concerned that my blood pressure was SLIGHTLY high. I honestly didn't seem to care too much about the weight, but when it comes to the blood pressure, that I KNOW effects me AND Mackinley, so I want to be okay for her.
So I went back in my calendar and found the date I had weighed myself closest to the date I conceived, which was like 2 days after, and then weighed myself this morning. So according to my calculations (which is the most accurate, because the doctors office was a starting guess), I have gained 31.6 pounds so far. Better than the 34 the doctors are saying, but yes not good.
Today was the start of trying to eat better. I started back using my fitness pal and gave myself a goal of under 2200 a day. Today that will most likely not happen, because I only have like 440 calories for dinner, and I didn't count the peanut butter with my apples I had earlier. However I've eaten tons more healthy today than I have been. All my snacks today were fruits, veggies, or healthy grains. And breakfast was good for me. Lunch was not GOOD for me I would say, but I measured it out and it wasn't bad for me. It was yummy though! So it's looking like it's gonna take a week or so to get back into the routine of eating less. And if I feel HUNGRY, and my stomach is growling, I'm going to eat, because my baby is hungry too. But I'm going to try and not eat when I'm not hungry. I'm gonna try not to snack, just to snack.
Comments
Post a Comment