21 Weeks, 22 Weeks & Some Other Updates

First, I'll start with my belly pictures.

21 Weeks: August 20th


22 Weeks: August 27th


This past week James was away so I was home by myself trying to stay busy. Thankfully the week flew by pretty quickly.

While James was gone, I was starting to worry about Mackinley because I didn't feel her much at all the first couple days, at least not much compared to what I had been feeling. The first day I just figured maybe she was sleepy and wasn't moving around much. The second day I started worrying if something was wrong. Then I started wondering if maybe she just knew James was gone and missed him. Then I even started thinking maybe she was repositioning in there, because one day I felt her off to the left and off to the right, where as I had been feeling her only right in the middle. I thought maybe she was moving from being head down, to being horizontal.

So what I finally figured out, is that I don't think she repositioned, because I started feeling her only in the middle again, and I think what it was is that she just missed her daddy. Because ever since James has come home, she is moving around like crazy. I even woke up around 3:30am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, and little Miss Mackinley was just moving all over the place. I was very tempted to wake James up just to feel her! Haha.

It was like the day before James was supposed to come home that I SWORE I felt her move, from the outside. Like with my hand on my belly I thought I felt her move on my hand. But it was only that once. So I kept trying, but nothing after that. Then since James has been home, I've been trying to get her to do it again, and so far nothing. I even had James' hand on my belly last night when I felt her, but he said he didn't feel anything, so maybe I was wrong and didn't feel her on the outside yet. If not, I do think it should probably happen in the next couple weeks!!!!

This week I also found out that spaghetti sauce gives me heartburn! It's so weird! I've had fried foods and spicy foods and things like that, that they say usually give you heartburn, but it was spaghetti sauce that did it! I had heartburn before I had even finished eating!

And something a little TMI, but I found kind of cool, is that I started leaking milk yesterday. It was only like one drop out of each nipple, but that was the first it had started. I don't know, I found it kind of interesting and cool. It wasn't gross to me or weird or anything. I guess it made it seem more real about the pregnancy, and then it also I think made it seem more likely that I CAN breastfeed. I guess in the back of my mind I was worried I wouldn't produce milk or be able to breastfeed or something. Yeah, call me weird, but I found it cool that my boobies started leaking!

Now, as for my weight, I've tried hard to eat healthier. It's not been extremely hard to eat healthier, I've had tons of fruits and veggies, and counted my calories everyday. I've been over everyday on my goal of 2200, some days by only a little, some days by a big chunk, but I've been over. Yesterday was the first day I was actually under. So anyways, I'm trying and I'm eating much healthier for sure. I started wednesday August 15th, and between then and the following wednesday, in one week time, I LOST a pound. Even being over on my calories, just eating healthier caused me to lose a pound. I was very happy to see that. I will weigh again this wednesday and see where I am. I'm not aiming to LOSE weight, I would be fine with just maintaining my weight right now, but if I DO lose, and I'm eating enough and getting good nutrition, then I can't complain about losing!

I have done lots of baby shopping in the past week or two. Between yard sales, and the thrift store, I've gotten Mackinley some cute clothes. I'm also very excited that I got a new diaper bag! That's just me, I get excited about the little things. I can't wait to pack it up!!!

So anyways, that's about it for now. Got quite a few things coming up in the next couple weeks. Labor day, a couple birthday's, and the family reunion. I'm so excited for the family reunion!!!! And then of course my next doctor's appointment and ultrasound.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?