36 Weeks
Here is my picture for the week!
36 Weeks: December 3rd
Only 4 more weeks left!!!!!!! And it could very well be sooner!!! It is getting so close it's unreal.
Plans for this week aren't major too much. Just working on usual housework stuff, finishing anything I wanted to get done last week that I didn't get done, and then this weekend James has drill, but he comes home each night, so I don't have to worry about being alone overnight. Just have to worry about going into labor with him an hour away. I'm sure I will be fine. And then thursday I have an ultrasound and a doctors appointment, including my first pelvic check to check for dilation and so on! If there is nothing major to post about, I will talk about my appointment in next week's post, and if there is some sort of big news I will post a seperate post about it thursday or friday. That's about my week ahead.
Here are some Mackinley related things that I accomplished last week:
-Finished packing up my bag for the hospital. And there is a list on top of it for things that will have to be thrown in last minute, like my cell phone, my purse, my pillow, etc.
-Got the seat cover off the carseat washed up, and wiped down all the rest of the carseat (the plastic parts), and got the seat cover put back on. Then got the carseat put in the car (but not hooked in), and put the headrest pillow thing, the carrier cover (the thing that covers the whole carseat that blocks the wind and any rain or snow), and her snowsuit/coat thing all put in the carseat with it and ready.
-Got her glider all washed up and set up and ready for her. It's gonna be her temporary bed in our room until she's ready to go in her crib.
-Finished washing up all her clothes and things that needed ran through the washer, and all put away. (Except for the few new things I got last week).
-Got her jumper thing (that she sits in and hops around, but not an exersaucer or johnny jump up, it's different) all washed up and put up (except I've gotta run the cloth seat through the washer this week).
-Got her rug for her room ordered and it should be ready to be picked up around the 12th.
-Got her playard ordered and it should be ready to be picked up around the 13th.
-Went to target and spent $60 of the $125 in gift cards we had on stuff for her. Got a couple cute outfits, a onesie, some hair stuff, some receiving blankets, some mittens, a pink christmas stocking, and so oin.
-Got her swing all washed up and set up.
-Worked more on packing up her diaper bag(s). I've got things I think I should need in there, but it's gonna depend on weather, where we are going, how long we are gonna be gone, and so on, before I know exactly what all I will need. But they are both started pretty well.
-Got all her toys (little toys, not the big stuff) washed up and ready to be put in her toybox.
-Got the bathroom all cleaned up and the spare changing table put in there, and most of her bath station set up and ready.
On tuesday last week, I think I may have possibly had my first REAL contraction. Not a braxton hicks contraction, because I learned those were supposed to be pressure, not pain. What I felt was definitely pain. Not horribly intense or anything, but it was painful. It was a tightness and pain around my low rib area, high upper belly area, so about maybe 4-5 inches under my breasts. It wrapped completely around to my back and made a big circle of pain pretty much. It lasted maybe 30 seconds to a minute, but I was like frozen. I was sitting up, I couldn't pay attention to anything, I had to kick Jack off my lap and just breathe for a minute. I started to worry it may be time for labor, but that was the only one I got all day.
Off and on last week again I had some more cramping. Not tons, maybe a few times a day at the most, but some days I would only have it like once. Still not horribly painful. Just like mild period cramps. Uncomfortable, but not really painful.
I woke up wednesday morning with this feeling that today was the day. I felt like she was coming that day. I just had a strange feeling about the day. And I also woke up with cramps that day, which could have been my reason behind feeling that way, but I'm not sure. Either way, nothing crazy really happened that day. Once I was in bed though, I felt HORRIBLE. I was having pains in my stomach, but I'm not even sure how to explain it. I am pretty sure they were not contractions (real or fake), because there was no tightening in my belly, I felt and my belly was still pretty squishy when there was pain. It was almost like extreme gas pains maybe? I don't know how to explain it, it was just bad pains. And along with it, I felt like I was gonna throw up and I felt like I REALLY had to go to the bathroom. Although when I went to the bathroom, there was no getting sick, and no going to the bathroom. I was up pretty late (for us anyways) with pains. James seemed to start getting worried. He kept asking if it was time to go to the hospital. However I kept telling him no, because it didn't feel like contractions. It was different. And thankfully after about a half hour of this I was able to fall asleep and had no more pains the rest of the night. So that was really the craziest thing that happened with my strange feelings for the day. Well and my dad called checking on me which is a little strange for him. He was also reminding me to send him directions to the hospital. So that was slightly strange to hear from him and him be reminding me of something.
Thursday pretty much started the one game from the baby shower where everyone put in guesses of when they think Mackinley will be born, date and time, weight and length, etc. Thursday was the first day anyone had guessed she would come. There was one person who guessed the 29th of november. The next guesser is for December 11th. The one person who guessed the 29th of november though, was wrong. I did not have her or even go into labor on the 29th.
Last week I also had one person tell me that I don't look as far along as I am. That was a first. Most people have been telling me, oh are you sure you're not having twins, or something about, you're gonna come any day, or you look so big. She was the first person to tell me that I really didn't look that big to her. It was a nice change I guess! Haha.
A lady my mom works with, told her a wives tale, myth type thing that she had heard about to figure out what day you will go into labor. You weigh yourself everyday at the same time, and the day that you drop one pound exactly, is supposed to be the day you will deliver (or at least go into labor). It has to be one pound exactly, and it has to be one pound DOWN, not up. So thursday morning I started weighing myself (not too happy to see that I'm officially over 80 pounds gained now), and then I weighed myself everyday at the same time after that. Here's what I got:
Friday: Up 1.2lbs
Saturday: Down 1.8lbs
Sunday: Up 1.6lbs
Monday (today): Up 1.8lbs
I also found out that they changed my WIC coupons for december already. I had thought they were gonna be the same as what I got all the rest of these months, until Mackinley was here, but they went ahead and changed them for december, and then they are even different for january. But for december I get 6 gallons of milk (normally got 4), I get cheese (never got any yet), I get 2 dozen eggs (normally got one), and I get tuna or salmon (never got any yet). Everything else is the same.
The third trimester tiredness is hitting me hard. I've slept so much recently. I took a nap everyday last week except for thursday. Monday I took an hour and a half nap, tuesday I took a 30 minute nap, wednesday I took a 2 hour nap, and then friday I took a 2 hour nap. I feel like all I wanna do is lay around and sleep. I'm glad I got so much done with the house that I did already, because I would not be up to so much right now. I've still got quite a bit to do, but I did get tons done that I don't have to worry about now.
I just found it strange that during the night thursday night/friday morning I only got up to pee once. I usually get up at least twice, sometimes three times. And then when I woke up I felt like I really didn't have to pee then either. And I always have to go when I get up, even before pregnancy. Just thought that was a little weird.
I have not been doing good making up more recipes to freeze for once Mackinley arrives, but at least I did do some. I've got 2 chili meals, 2 taco soup, 2 garlic honey chicken, about 10 individual containers of jumbalaya, about 2 meals worth of shredded bbq chicken, and then we are stocked up on frozen dinners, like the weight watchers smart ones and so on. And I'm stocked up on tuna and cans of soup. So we at least have stuff, just not as much as I was hoping for. Maybe soon I will feel up to cooking some more stuff. We will see, because I don't have much time left!
Saturday we stopped at Lowes for James to run in and check out something he was thinking about wanting for Christmas. I stayed in the car because my back was hurting from just shopping at Target right before that. It was a nice day, so the windows were down. The guy in the truck next to us, comes out of the store and goes to his truck, opens the driver side door and hits my door (passenger side), while I'm sitting right there. Then he said "you guys parked a little close don't you think?". So I told him, there's not anymore room on the other side, because it was just a skinny space. So he proceeds to open his door again, hitting the car again, saying "JEEZ" and gets in his truck and leaves. Not apologetic for hitting the car or giving me an attitude. One, there was not anymore room on the other side of the car either. It was skinny on both sides. Two, he was parked close to the line, because after he left, a new car pulled in the same spot with TONS of room between him and our car. And three, I was sitting in the passenger seat, so it's not like I was the one who did it, yet he decided to complain to me about it. Needless to say when he pulled away I was very flustered and upset and had a little breakdown crying in lowes parking lot in the car by myself. He probably went on with his day as if nothing happened, where as he didn't even care or realize, he upset someone (a pregnant someone) with his rudeness and made her cry. Yeah it wasn't that big of deal to cry over, but that was my hormones kicking in. I couldn't help it. And he was a jerk.
I woke up yesterday morning with this sadness and longing feeling. I just felt like I want my baby here now. I want her here for Christmas. Probably just because I was dreaming about her the night before, but still. I just wanted my baby now. Soon I'm sure she will be here. There's about 99% chance she will be here THIS month! I just have a whole month to wait and see when she will make her grand entrance. I just want my babygirl here to hold and cuddle and kiss and love. I hope she's here for Christmas, but if not, it will be her time when she's ready. I just was in a sad depressed mood all day yesterday. I at least woke up in a better mood today. So far anyways.
And yes I realize this is a long post! There's lots going on, and lots to talk about since it's almost the end of the pregnancy!
36 Weeks: December 3rd
Only 4 more weeks left!!!!!!! And it could very well be sooner!!! It is getting so close it's unreal.
Plans for this week aren't major too much. Just working on usual housework stuff, finishing anything I wanted to get done last week that I didn't get done, and then this weekend James has drill, but he comes home each night, so I don't have to worry about being alone overnight. Just have to worry about going into labor with him an hour away. I'm sure I will be fine. And then thursday I have an ultrasound and a doctors appointment, including my first pelvic check to check for dilation and so on! If there is nothing major to post about, I will talk about my appointment in next week's post, and if there is some sort of big news I will post a seperate post about it thursday or friday. That's about my week ahead.
Here are some Mackinley related things that I accomplished last week:
-Finished packing up my bag for the hospital. And there is a list on top of it for things that will have to be thrown in last minute, like my cell phone, my purse, my pillow, etc.
-Got the seat cover off the carseat washed up, and wiped down all the rest of the carseat (the plastic parts), and got the seat cover put back on. Then got the carseat put in the car (but not hooked in), and put the headrest pillow thing, the carrier cover (the thing that covers the whole carseat that blocks the wind and any rain or snow), and her snowsuit/coat thing all put in the carseat with it and ready.
-Got her glider all washed up and set up and ready for her. It's gonna be her temporary bed in our room until she's ready to go in her crib.
-Finished washing up all her clothes and things that needed ran through the washer, and all put away. (Except for the few new things I got last week).
-Got her jumper thing (that she sits in and hops around, but not an exersaucer or johnny jump up, it's different) all washed up and put up (except I've gotta run the cloth seat through the washer this week).
-Got her rug for her room ordered and it should be ready to be picked up around the 12th.
-Got her playard ordered and it should be ready to be picked up around the 13th.
-Went to target and spent $60 of the $125 in gift cards we had on stuff for her. Got a couple cute outfits, a onesie, some hair stuff, some receiving blankets, some mittens, a pink christmas stocking, and so oin.
-Got her swing all washed up and set up.
-Worked more on packing up her diaper bag(s). I've got things I think I should need in there, but it's gonna depend on weather, where we are going, how long we are gonna be gone, and so on, before I know exactly what all I will need. But they are both started pretty well.
-Got all her toys (little toys, not the big stuff) washed up and ready to be put in her toybox.
-Got the bathroom all cleaned up and the spare changing table put in there, and most of her bath station set up and ready.
On tuesday last week, I think I may have possibly had my first REAL contraction. Not a braxton hicks contraction, because I learned those were supposed to be pressure, not pain. What I felt was definitely pain. Not horribly intense or anything, but it was painful. It was a tightness and pain around my low rib area, high upper belly area, so about maybe 4-5 inches under my breasts. It wrapped completely around to my back and made a big circle of pain pretty much. It lasted maybe 30 seconds to a minute, but I was like frozen. I was sitting up, I couldn't pay attention to anything, I had to kick Jack off my lap and just breathe for a minute. I started to worry it may be time for labor, but that was the only one I got all day.
Off and on last week again I had some more cramping. Not tons, maybe a few times a day at the most, but some days I would only have it like once. Still not horribly painful. Just like mild period cramps. Uncomfortable, but not really painful.
I woke up wednesday morning with this feeling that today was the day. I felt like she was coming that day. I just had a strange feeling about the day. And I also woke up with cramps that day, which could have been my reason behind feeling that way, but I'm not sure. Either way, nothing crazy really happened that day. Once I was in bed though, I felt HORRIBLE. I was having pains in my stomach, but I'm not even sure how to explain it. I am pretty sure they were not contractions (real or fake), because there was no tightening in my belly, I felt and my belly was still pretty squishy when there was pain. It was almost like extreme gas pains maybe? I don't know how to explain it, it was just bad pains. And along with it, I felt like I was gonna throw up and I felt like I REALLY had to go to the bathroom. Although when I went to the bathroom, there was no getting sick, and no going to the bathroom. I was up pretty late (for us anyways) with pains. James seemed to start getting worried. He kept asking if it was time to go to the hospital. However I kept telling him no, because it didn't feel like contractions. It was different. And thankfully after about a half hour of this I was able to fall asleep and had no more pains the rest of the night. So that was really the craziest thing that happened with my strange feelings for the day. Well and my dad called checking on me which is a little strange for him. He was also reminding me to send him directions to the hospital. So that was slightly strange to hear from him and him be reminding me of something.
Thursday pretty much started the one game from the baby shower where everyone put in guesses of when they think Mackinley will be born, date and time, weight and length, etc. Thursday was the first day anyone had guessed she would come. There was one person who guessed the 29th of november. The next guesser is for December 11th. The one person who guessed the 29th of november though, was wrong. I did not have her or even go into labor on the 29th.
Last week I also had one person tell me that I don't look as far along as I am. That was a first. Most people have been telling me, oh are you sure you're not having twins, or something about, you're gonna come any day, or you look so big. She was the first person to tell me that I really didn't look that big to her. It was a nice change I guess! Haha.
A lady my mom works with, told her a wives tale, myth type thing that she had heard about to figure out what day you will go into labor. You weigh yourself everyday at the same time, and the day that you drop one pound exactly, is supposed to be the day you will deliver (or at least go into labor). It has to be one pound exactly, and it has to be one pound DOWN, not up. So thursday morning I started weighing myself (not too happy to see that I'm officially over 80 pounds gained now), and then I weighed myself everyday at the same time after that. Here's what I got:
Friday: Up 1.2lbs
Saturday: Down 1.8lbs
Sunday: Up 1.6lbs
Monday (today): Up 1.8lbs
I also found out that they changed my WIC coupons for december already. I had thought they were gonna be the same as what I got all the rest of these months, until Mackinley was here, but they went ahead and changed them for december, and then they are even different for january. But for december I get 6 gallons of milk (normally got 4), I get cheese (never got any yet), I get 2 dozen eggs (normally got one), and I get tuna or salmon (never got any yet). Everything else is the same.
The third trimester tiredness is hitting me hard. I've slept so much recently. I took a nap everyday last week except for thursday. Monday I took an hour and a half nap, tuesday I took a 30 minute nap, wednesday I took a 2 hour nap, and then friday I took a 2 hour nap. I feel like all I wanna do is lay around and sleep. I'm glad I got so much done with the house that I did already, because I would not be up to so much right now. I've still got quite a bit to do, but I did get tons done that I don't have to worry about now.
I just found it strange that during the night thursday night/friday morning I only got up to pee once. I usually get up at least twice, sometimes three times. And then when I woke up I felt like I really didn't have to pee then either. And I always have to go when I get up, even before pregnancy. Just thought that was a little weird.
I have not been doing good making up more recipes to freeze for once Mackinley arrives, but at least I did do some. I've got 2 chili meals, 2 taco soup, 2 garlic honey chicken, about 10 individual containers of jumbalaya, about 2 meals worth of shredded bbq chicken, and then we are stocked up on frozen dinners, like the weight watchers smart ones and so on. And I'm stocked up on tuna and cans of soup. So we at least have stuff, just not as much as I was hoping for. Maybe soon I will feel up to cooking some more stuff. We will see, because I don't have much time left!
Saturday we stopped at Lowes for James to run in and check out something he was thinking about wanting for Christmas. I stayed in the car because my back was hurting from just shopping at Target right before that. It was a nice day, so the windows were down. The guy in the truck next to us, comes out of the store and goes to his truck, opens the driver side door and hits my door (passenger side), while I'm sitting right there. Then he said "you guys parked a little close don't you think?". So I told him, there's not anymore room on the other side, because it was just a skinny space. So he proceeds to open his door again, hitting the car again, saying "JEEZ" and gets in his truck and leaves. Not apologetic for hitting the car or giving me an attitude. One, there was not anymore room on the other side of the car either. It was skinny on both sides. Two, he was parked close to the line, because after he left, a new car pulled in the same spot with TONS of room between him and our car. And three, I was sitting in the passenger seat, so it's not like I was the one who did it, yet he decided to complain to me about it. Needless to say when he pulled away I was very flustered and upset and had a little breakdown crying in lowes parking lot in the car by myself. He probably went on with his day as if nothing happened, where as he didn't even care or realize, he upset someone (a pregnant someone) with his rudeness and made her cry. Yeah it wasn't that big of deal to cry over, but that was my hormones kicking in. I couldn't help it. And he was a jerk.
I woke up yesterday morning with this sadness and longing feeling. I just felt like I want my baby here now. I want her here for Christmas. Probably just because I was dreaming about her the night before, but still. I just wanted my baby now. Soon I'm sure she will be here. There's about 99% chance she will be here THIS month! I just have a whole month to wait and see when she will make her grand entrance. I just want my babygirl here to hold and cuddle and kiss and love. I hope she's here for Christmas, but if not, it will be her time when she's ready. I just was in a sad depressed mood all day yesterday. I at least woke up in a better mood today. So far anyways.
And yes I realize this is a long post! There's lots going on, and lots to talk about since it's almost the end of the pregnancy!
Comments
Post a Comment