37 Weeks

Here is my picture for the week.

37 Weeks: December 10th


Only 3 more weeks to go!!!!! BUT I'm comfortable with her coming anytime now. I'm comfortable that she will be healthy and just fine if she comes anytime now. Now it's just a waiting game to see when she decides to arrive! I'm hoping she comes sometime between today and next monday. That's my hope. If she's still in there past next monday, I'm gonna hope she waits to come out until at least December 26th or on.

This week there's no big plans really. Normal housework, working on anything of Mackinley's that's not done yet, and maybe some time for taking it easy! I've got a doctors appointment again this week, on thursday also. And we plan to hopefully finish up most of the rest of our Christmas shopping.

This week, there are 3 different guesses on the day I will have Mackinley. One person thinks tomorrow the 11th, one person thinks thursday the 13th, and one person thinks sunday the 16th. My mom's guess is January 1st, but she did say she was having a feeling about the 12th. So we will wait and see if any of those people are correct! My guess (well my hope really) is the 17th, next monday, so we will see how it goes. I would really like her to come anytime between today and next monday. Anytime after next monday I feel is cutting it too close to christmas. If I get past next monday, I'm gonna hope for like at least a day or two after christmas.

Here are all the Mackinley related things we accomplished last week:
-Got her few new clothes we bought the week before washed up and put away.
-Got her playpen set up and ready. LOVE IT!
-Finished getting her bathing station set up in the bathroom.
-Got her high chair washed up and set up and ready.
-Got her walker washed up and ready.
-Got the Christmas tree up and decorated (so we will have one this year in case she comes early.)

Here are my weight changes each day last week. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read last weeks post. I'm looking for that one pound drop, that's supposedly a way of saying I will go into labor that day.

Tuesday (12/4): Up 1.4lbs
Wednesday (12/5): Up 0.4lbs
Thursday (12/6): Up 0.6lbs
Friday (12/7): Down 2.6lbs
Saturday (12/8): Up 1.4lbs
Sunday (12/9): Up 0.2lbs
Monday, today (12/10): Up 2lbs

Last monday night I slept horrible. I tossed and turned all night. I couldn't get comfortable. I woke up every hour it seemed like. And everytime I would fall asleep, I would have a new dream. Then everytime I woke up, my mind wouldn't stop thinking about the dream, thinking about Mackinley, thinking about things that needed done, etc. I just couldn't get my mind to relax and let me sleep. And then I had pretty bad heartburn also which didn't help trying to sleep.

Also last week around sunday, monday, tuesday, I felt like I could possibly be getting an ear infection or something. My ear was bothering me a little, but when I would eat and chew it hurt worse, and when I would sneeze it hurt SOOOO bad. Tuesday and wednesday though, it started feeling better.

I was able to go about a week without my feet swelling too much, and I didn't really change my routine or anything. I was still up on my feet cleaning just as much, and so on. Not sure why the swelling was fine for a week. Anyways, starting sunday or monday last week the swelling started coming back and my right foot was pretty swollen by afternoon each day. I don't understand why it's just one foot and not the other, and especially since I haven't really changed anything. It's just uncomfortable I guess. I'm trying to put it up, but that doesn't always seem to help.

My emotions have been kicking in full time too. I get aggravated easily, and the smallest things are making me cry. I just feel extremely emotional all the time. I had thought I read somewhere that by the end of the pregnancy the hormones causing crazy emotions should be starting to slack off. Guess not.

My ultrasound thursday went really well. They did all kinds of measurements and got pictures and so on. Her heartbeat was 141bpm. She is still facing head down and she was facing somewhat up, but somewhat towards my right side. They got a good picture of her legs spread and she's still a girl! I was somewhat worried that she was hiding a little penis in there somewhere and that we would find out now that we have a pink room and so much girly stuff. But still a girl, so all is good! She is measuring in the 85th percentile, so she's a big and healthy girl. She's weighing (estimated of course, nurse said they could be off by as much as a pound up or down), 7lbs 3 oz!!! And I've still got 3 and a half weeks to go at the most! She could be 9 or 10 pounds by that point! My mom and James' mom both got to be there since it was (most likely) our last ultrasound for Mackinley. I think they both enjoyed it.

My doctors appointment thursday after the ultrasound went okay, but not as well as I would have hoped. First they weighed me and they are showing I'm up more than 90 pounds this pregnancy (where as according to my numbers which are more accurate I'm only up 85, yeah I know, not that much better). Then I had to pee in a cup as usual, and it was fine, still no protein in my pee. Then was my blood pressure. The part I dread everytime. It was really high the nurse said, then she took it with a different cuff and said it was still pretty high, but she never said numbers either way. She ended up coming back and taking my blood pressure a little later and it was better, 136/85 I believe.

When the doctor came in, first thing she did was asked if I was having any problems. She then discussed my weight. Asked what I crave, what I eat a lot of, etc. She came to the conclusion I'm getting way too many carbs. So I'm supposed to start cutting back on carbs and eating more protein. She said if I do well enough I could come in next appointment and see some weight loss. I'll have to see how it goes though, because I doubt that I can do that well. After that, she did my pelvic exam. First she swabbed for my group b strep test, and then she checked for dilation. I was not dilated or thinned out at all yet. Kinda sucked, I was hoping for something starting so I can have her soon, but it's okay.

Then the worst part came, that I was told I had to do a 24 hour urine collection. I got a little tray thing to put on the toilet to pee into for 24 hours, and then I have to pour it in a jug and keep it in the fridge. Yuck. If they find protein in my urine, then I think that means I have pre-eclampsia and may possibly need induced ASAP. If they don't find protein in my urine, then I just have normal high blood pressure and it's not as high of a risk to the baby. On one hand, I think it's good, because it will show if action needs taken to get Mackinley out because she's not safe in there any longer. And if she does need out soon, it just means I will have my babygirl here for Christmas like I want! But on the other hand, collecting pee for 24 hours was not fun. Especially during the night when I had to come all the way downstairs and get my jug out of the fridge, take it up, pee, pour it in, then bring it back down. And I really don't want to have to be induced unless absolutely neccessary. I learned in my childbirth class that you shouldn't be induced unless it's needed. For one, it means since you're hooked up to medicine, you can't be up and moving around and progressing labor on your own. You're stuck. And for two, contractions are sometimes a lot more stronger and painful than laboring on your own. So it's kind of a half and half thing for me. I'm upset about it, but also I'm not. I don't quite know what I should think or feel or hope for.

I wanted to see my #1 ranked doctor at my next appointment, because I had only seen her once, but she was not available for my next appointment, so I'm getting my #3 ranked doctor. And my appointment is one week from last week's appointment. I'm down to the one week appointments now!

Thursday night, James and I had a much needed talk about things. Some of my problem has been my emotions, but I don't think it's all been that. I have some worries about things once the baby comes, and that James doesn't seem (to me) to be taking very much interest in getting things ready for her. He helps with certain things, but it seems like a chore to him and not something he wants to do for her. So we talked about it, and he opened up and admitted he's just anxious and nervous about things, and he's dealing with things in his own way and that he is excited and happy about her coming. So we got that worked out some. Then we also talked about our relationship. I have been feeling as if we have been very distant and are just kind of... existing together. Like we don't do much together, we don't talk much, we just kind of go on with our day, go to bed, and start all over again. It wasn't bothering me too terribly much, it was more worrying me that it was bothering him and I didn't want to feel as if I was pushing him away or that after Mackinley arrives, that we just won't have the same relationship we had. So we talked, and he wasn't feeling bad about our distance, he understands we are busy and have lots going on, and we are just kind of existing and waiting around for Mackinley to be here and go from there. He thinks things will be okay once she's here. It's just kind of a waiting game. We are just kind of stuck in the middle. Not really having a "relationship", but not really parents yet either. So it was good to see he was not too worried about it, and it was good to talk about it. I do feel much better. I'm just ready for my babygirl to be here and for James and I and her to be one little happy family!

So I collected my pee for 24 hours, and saturday morning my mom took me to the hospital to drop it off at the lab. I ended up having to call friday afternoon, because it was only 7 hours into the 24 hour collection and my jug was about half full. I needed to see what to do if I completely filled it. It was almost as if the nurse had never been asked that question before! She didn't quite know what to tell me. She said I could come in and get a second jug, but I did not have a car to do so. So she said that since it's not a sterile test that I can use an empty (washed) jug from home, so I washed out a juice jug in case I needed it. Well I NEEDED it. I ended up filling BOTH completely!!!! While I was at the hospital, they also had to draw some blood. It's supposed to be used to check the same things they are checking the pee for apparently. It's supposed to take 1-5 days for the results of my urine test to come back, but she said the blood test they should know that afternoon, and the pee test they should know the following day (so yesterday). Although my doctors office is not open sundays, so I did not hear anything yet. So when I hear, if there is some major news I will post a new post, or if it's all good and nothing to really tell, I'll talk about it in my week 38 post. If I don't hear sometime today I will call tomorrow and check on it myself. If I don't hear anything, it will probably just mean everything was fine, but I don't wanna have to wait until thursday to find out.

I napped again a lot last week. Monday had a 2 hour nap, no nap tuesday, a 15-20 minute nap on wednesday, a 2 hour nap on thursday, friday I had no nap, and then saturday I tried for a nap, but it didn't quite turn out like I wanted. I layed down and had trouble getting comfortable to fall asleep (I wasn't feeling too good), and then when I finally fell asleep, I was probably only asleep for maybe 15 minutes and the phone rang, then I fell back asleep for maybe 15 minutes and James texted, then I started to fall back asleep for just a few minutes and James called. So I got a short, interrupted nap.

And yes, it's another long post. I told you it would be for a while. Lots going on now and in the next couple weeks! Be prepared though, that once Mackinley arrives, it may take me a week or two to even get a post up about what's been going on! So you get lots of posts and info now, because soon you won't be getting much from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?