9 Weeks ((7 Weeks & 2 Days EDIT))
Today I am 9 weeks along, at least for now. Today is my first doctor's appointment and ultrasound, so I may get a better due date today! Here is my 9 weeks picture. I've eaten horrible the past week, so I hope it doesn't make too much of a difference today at the doctor's. I feel pretty bloated, but my stomach doesn't look too much bigger than last week.
May 16th: 9 Weeks ((Edited to 7 Weeks & 2 Days))
I feel like I had a million things to post about, but I'm drawing a big blank, so I will try and remember everything I was wanting to say.
I'm really excited for my doctor's appointment today, but really nervous. For some reason I still feel like I'm gonna go in there and there will be no baby, that somehow I got 4 false positive pregnancy tests, that I will look like an idiot or something. I guess it just doesn't quite feel real. I hope after today seeing a baby and hearing a little heartbeat, that it will feel more real. I'm also not looking forward to all the blood being taken. I've only had blood taken once and cried and hated it. I know I will have lots taken throughout the pregnancy, but I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it or be okay with it. I'm just gonna have to try and relax. I've got my whole list of questions for the doctor (well midwife technically). I just want to make sure I find a doctor/midwife who is willing to sit and talk to me and answer all my questions. If this midwife is not like that, I will be picking another doctor for sure. So hopefully tomorrow I will post about how my appointment went, unless I feel like doing it later.
So sunday was my very first mother's day! It could have been better, that's for sure, had a rough morning with James, but the rest of the day was alright. James gave me a very sweet card, and he got me a couple books and an exotic angel plant with a weird, long name. My mom got me a shirt that said #1 Mom, and some beautiful flowers. We spent the afternoon at my moms for just a little bit, then we went to my great aunt's and there was TONS of family there. Like 40 people in a tiny house. Very packed, but I did pretty good I think. Everyone was congratulating me and asking how far I was, and if I wanted boy or girl, and so on. Then spent the evening at James' mom's house. It was an okay mother's day, but I hope next year when I've got my baby here that it will be even better. Below are my pictures of my gifts.
Last wednesday we went to that big sale thing, and unfortunately we didn't find any of the big items we were looking for. There was one playpen I did like, but someone had already bought it. There were no high chairs, or other things we needed. Mom did buy a high chair though, so now she has two and I will take one when I figure out if I'm having a boy or girl. Anyways, I did buy a Bumbo seat (although it wasn't bumbo brand), and I hope I have some use for it. It was only $10, so I couldn't pass it up. I just don't really know how useful they are, and if I will actually use it. Below there's a picture of it. We also bought 2 crib sheets that are yellowish and gender neutral. Both winnie the pooh. It doesn't hurt to have a couple extra old sheets to throw on when messes happen. You can't have so many complete sets with sheets, blankets, bumper pads and all of it. Those were only $2 a piece. They had TONS of clothes, but they had them split up by girl and boy, so really it was too hard to go through both sides and find the gender neutral ones. They will be having some more sales in the fall so by then I will know if it's a boy or girl and plan to go back and can get some clothes then.
Look at the pile of baby stuff that has accumulated in just the past couple weeks piled up on the bed. It's insane.
The morning sickness has continued to pick up. Still not gotten sick, but I'm sick to my stomach more often. And I've been extremely tired. I've been going back to sleep after James leaves for work almost every morning, for at least 2 hours or so.
James had an interview for a job last week, and we should find something out in the next day or two (I hope), so I'm getting really anxious to hear if he got the job!! Fingers still crossed for us please! It would be a second shift job, which would kinda suck, but I'm sure we would get used to it.
So that's all I can remember to post about right now, so I will add anything I remember to my post about my first doctors appointment.
May 16th: 9 Weeks ((Edited to 7 Weeks & 2 Days))
I feel like I had a million things to post about, but I'm drawing a big blank, so I will try and remember everything I was wanting to say.
I'm really excited for my doctor's appointment today, but really nervous. For some reason I still feel like I'm gonna go in there and there will be no baby, that somehow I got 4 false positive pregnancy tests, that I will look like an idiot or something. I guess it just doesn't quite feel real. I hope after today seeing a baby and hearing a little heartbeat, that it will feel more real. I'm also not looking forward to all the blood being taken. I've only had blood taken once and cried and hated it. I know I will have lots taken throughout the pregnancy, but I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it or be okay with it. I'm just gonna have to try and relax. I've got my whole list of questions for the doctor (well midwife technically). I just want to make sure I find a doctor/midwife who is willing to sit and talk to me and answer all my questions. If this midwife is not like that, I will be picking another doctor for sure. So hopefully tomorrow I will post about how my appointment went, unless I feel like doing it later.
So sunday was my very first mother's day! It could have been better, that's for sure, had a rough morning with James, but the rest of the day was alright. James gave me a very sweet card, and he got me a couple books and an exotic angel plant with a weird, long name. My mom got me a shirt that said #1 Mom, and some beautiful flowers. We spent the afternoon at my moms for just a little bit, then we went to my great aunt's and there was TONS of family there. Like 40 people in a tiny house. Very packed, but I did pretty good I think. Everyone was congratulating me and asking how far I was, and if I wanted boy or girl, and so on. Then spent the evening at James' mom's house. It was an okay mother's day, but I hope next year when I've got my baby here that it will be even better. Below are my pictures of my gifts.
Last wednesday we went to that big sale thing, and unfortunately we didn't find any of the big items we were looking for. There was one playpen I did like, but someone had already bought it. There were no high chairs, or other things we needed. Mom did buy a high chair though, so now she has two and I will take one when I figure out if I'm having a boy or girl. Anyways, I did buy a Bumbo seat (although it wasn't bumbo brand), and I hope I have some use for it. It was only $10, so I couldn't pass it up. I just don't really know how useful they are, and if I will actually use it. Below there's a picture of it. We also bought 2 crib sheets that are yellowish and gender neutral. Both winnie the pooh. It doesn't hurt to have a couple extra old sheets to throw on when messes happen. You can't have so many complete sets with sheets, blankets, bumper pads and all of it. Those were only $2 a piece. They had TONS of clothes, but they had them split up by girl and boy, so really it was too hard to go through both sides and find the gender neutral ones. They will be having some more sales in the fall so by then I will know if it's a boy or girl and plan to go back and can get some clothes then.
Look at the pile of baby stuff that has accumulated in just the past couple weeks piled up on the bed. It's insane.
The morning sickness has continued to pick up. Still not gotten sick, but I'm sick to my stomach more often. And I've been extremely tired. I've been going back to sleep after James leaves for work almost every morning, for at least 2 hours or so.
James had an interview for a job last week, and we should find something out in the next day or two (I hope), so I'm getting really anxious to hear if he got the job!! Fingers still crossed for us please! It would be a second shift job, which would kinda suck, but I'm sure we would get used to it.
So that's all I can remember to post about right now, so I will add anything I remember to my post about my first doctors appointment.







Comments
Post a Comment