The New 8 Weeks!

Since I had my doctors appointment wednesday, they changed my due date to December 31st, which puts me at 8 weeks today, so I'm further behind than I thought (and hoped) for now.

May 21: 8 Weeks


My doctor's appointment went very well. They could not see anything with a regular belly ultrasound, so they had to do an internal ultrasound which was fine, because things were a little more detailed. It was amazing to see that there was really a little baby in there and we saw the little flashing dot of the heartbeat. What was the most amazing though, was when they let us hear the heartbeat. I teared up, it was really special to me. I think it just fully confirmed that everything was alright for now, and it was alive and really there. They said the heartbeat was 131 which they said was great. And I feel it's even better because I had heard the heartbeat was not detectable until about 8 weeks, so if I could see it at about 7 weeks then I felt that was good.

I got 4 ultrasound pictures, one of them was the heartbeat, the other 3 were the baby. My mom took 2 to work with her and put them on the computer so I can post them on here! Below is my beautiful baby.



I'm kinda nervous about my new due date. It puts it closer to Christmas and New Years. I worry about a lot of things. One, is screwing up everyone's holidays, especially Christmas. Yes I know a Christmas baby would be a wonderful present, but I can just imagine having the baby on Christmas or Christmas Eve or something and everyone would have to leave their family dinners or not let the kids do their gifts yet so they can come see James, baby and I at the hospital. It would just kind of screw up the routine of things. For two, I also worry about not getting my doctor to deliver the baby if it goes on Christmas or New Years or very close to it. They may be on vacation at home with their families and I'll get stuck with some doctor I don't know that's on call at the hospital that day. That's just something I may have to deal with. This new due date also kind of worries me on how much James and I will be able to participate in holiday things. I'm not sure if we will have time and money and effort to have a Christmas party again this year, so we may end up doing just a tiny get together with family. Then there's the fact that I'll be big and ready to pop around Christmas and it will not be easy or comfortable for me to be going to everyone's houses for family get togethers. I'm sure I'll just want to be sitting at home ready for the baby to come, and I will be worried (I'm sure) that I will go into labor at someone else's house. Especially if it's at my mom's house which is not close to the hospital. But I'm just gonna have to get over it and just enjoy the fact that I've got a beautiful baby coming for the holidays!

My morning sickness feelings are still about the same, however I found a decent remedy that seems to be helping me feel a little better. I've been putting a small amount (maybe a teaspoon or two) of lemon juice (from a bottle, not from fresh lemons) into water and sipping on that throughout the day. The lemon seems to settle my stomach enough that I don't feel horribly ill. I'm still however, trying to get over the tiredness. I've been going back to bed after James leaves everyday for the past week or so, and I'm still sleeping good at night. I heard it will be gone for a while once the first trimester is done, so I've got about another month of this.

I have been having a strange craving for barbecue sauce. Sometime last week I dipped like the cheddar bacon potato skins chips in barbecue sauce. It was good. And then I had some cheddar and sour cream chips, and melted some mozarella cheese on them and dipped them in french onion chip dip. They were good too. I read online that craving salty snacks and meats and cheeses and stuff points to it being a boy. If you crave sweet stuff it's supposed to be a girl. I've been wanting some ice cream, but not like craving it I guess.

According to a lot of online myth's and predictions, most of them are pointing to boy. But I am kinda feeling like it could be a girl for now, so either way I will be happy.

We found a cute shirt at walmart and JAMES just had to have it. I swear it was him this time! It's kinda cute seeing him want some baby things!


I swear I had a lot to post about, but as always once I'm in here, I forget what I was gonna say. Maybe I need to start writing it down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?