Vacation & Busy Week
Vacation was good! So I wanted to post in more detail about what we did!
We left thursday morning around 10am (10:05am to be exact, we only left 5 minutes later than planned!). Mackinley did pretty good on the ride there. She napped about 30-45 minutes before lunch, and we stopped at a rest area and ate lunch we packed and let Mackinley run around a little bit. We got to the lodge around 3:35pm I believe. We unpacked the car and I got beds made up and got settled in, had a snack of frozen pizzas and then we hung out a bit. We played at the playground for a bit, had some dinner (hot dogs), and just had fun the rest of the night. I think we might have walked to Dollar General once or twice that evening too. The first night went well, and Mackinley slept great. James and her shared the double bed and I slept in a twin.
Friday we spent the day at the lodge, swam just a little, played outside, walked to Dollar General more, played with nerf guns, played DS games, just relaxed. Breakfast was pancakes, lunch was more frozen pizzas, dinner was fish sticks.
Saturday morning we got up and had pancakes for breakfast again and we left around 11:15 to go to the family reunion, which was an hour and 40 minute drive from the lodge. We actually made it there on time, we had lunch, did the auction, played on the playground, and spent some time looking for a lost frisbee. Once we left there, we drove about 2 hours to a place called Jake's Rock Overlook, took a beautiful path up the hillside to the rock to overlook the reservoir water and mountains and forest. Then we split up and explored a bit, but we got some rain so we all headed back to the car and had a 40 minute drive back to the lodge. For dinner we had hamburgers, and we just relaxed some more and played with nerf guns.
Sunday we had a slow morning, had eggs for breakfast, took our time getting moving and up and ready, then we went to see Rim Rock Overlook (which was on the other side of the reservoir from Jake's Rock Overlook), it was about a 45 minute drive. It was beautiful too, but we had to climb steps up and down to the overlook, which was not really fun with a stroller. But it was really beautiful and there was this cool skinny staircase (made of the rock) that went in between two rocks that we got to go down and back up. Once we got back, Mackinley napped, we had frozen pizzas for lunch again, and then we got to swim, and then James & I got some time with Mackinley just the three of us and we took her to a nice playground about 5 minutes from the lodge until dinner time. Then we went back and had spaghetti for dinner and I started packing up while James took Mackinley to Dollar General. Then we just hung out the rest of the evening.
Monday we all got up and packed and cleaned and got ready to leave. We all left at different times once we checked out and took our own way home. James and I left around 11:45am I think, and we went to this little store that we always pass and I've been wanting to stop at every year and we never made time, but we stopped this year. It was really cute, they had tons of stuff. I want to stop another year when I have more time to look. I did buy some candy sticks, a color by number book for Mackinley & I, and a jar of homemade cherry vanilla fruit spread (which we tried this morning and it's really good!). Mackinley fell asleep the minute we left there and slept for a good hour and a half or more. Then we stopped for lunch at Sheetz on the way home around 2:30pm I think it was, and ate there. Then we got back on the road and Mackinley watched Spongebob & Barney and we colored the rest of the way. We made it home around 5:15pm I think. Unloaded, unpacked and mom came to visit Mackinley. Mackinley ended up in our bed last night, but she slept great, because she hardly moved around at all! I woke up this morning and Jack was like curled up right beside her, I tried to take a picture but he moved! It was adorable! He missed us!
So this week is going to be very busy. We have an appointment tomorrow, an appointment thursday, I have to do avon early again (probably monday morning), we have to do laundry, clean the house, have my birthday get together saturday, grocery shop, unpack from the first trip, and pack for the second, plus James will be working most of the week. We have tons to do!!!!
We left thursday morning around 10am (10:05am to be exact, we only left 5 minutes later than planned!). Mackinley did pretty good on the ride there. She napped about 30-45 minutes before lunch, and we stopped at a rest area and ate lunch we packed and let Mackinley run around a little bit. We got to the lodge around 3:35pm I believe. We unpacked the car and I got beds made up and got settled in, had a snack of frozen pizzas and then we hung out a bit. We played at the playground for a bit, had some dinner (hot dogs), and just had fun the rest of the night. I think we might have walked to Dollar General once or twice that evening too. The first night went well, and Mackinley slept great. James and her shared the double bed and I slept in a twin.
Friday we spent the day at the lodge, swam just a little, played outside, walked to Dollar General more, played with nerf guns, played DS games, just relaxed. Breakfast was pancakes, lunch was more frozen pizzas, dinner was fish sticks.
Saturday morning we got up and had pancakes for breakfast again and we left around 11:15 to go to the family reunion, which was an hour and 40 minute drive from the lodge. We actually made it there on time, we had lunch, did the auction, played on the playground, and spent some time looking for a lost frisbee. Once we left there, we drove about 2 hours to a place called Jake's Rock Overlook, took a beautiful path up the hillside to the rock to overlook the reservoir water and mountains and forest. Then we split up and explored a bit, but we got some rain so we all headed back to the car and had a 40 minute drive back to the lodge. For dinner we had hamburgers, and we just relaxed some more and played with nerf guns.
Sunday we had a slow morning, had eggs for breakfast, took our time getting moving and up and ready, then we went to see Rim Rock Overlook (which was on the other side of the reservoir from Jake's Rock Overlook), it was about a 45 minute drive. It was beautiful too, but we had to climb steps up and down to the overlook, which was not really fun with a stroller. But it was really beautiful and there was this cool skinny staircase (made of the rock) that went in between two rocks that we got to go down and back up. Once we got back, Mackinley napped, we had frozen pizzas for lunch again, and then we got to swim, and then James & I got some time with Mackinley just the three of us and we took her to a nice playground about 5 minutes from the lodge until dinner time. Then we went back and had spaghetti for dinner and I started packing up while James took Mackinley to Dollar General. Then we just hung out the rest of the evening.
Monday we all got up and packed and cleaned and got ready to leave. We all left at different times once we checked out and took our own way home. James and I left around 11:45am I think, and we went to this little store that we always pass and I've been wanting to stop at every year and we never made time, but we stopped this year. It was really cute, they had tons of stuff. I want to stop another year when I have more time to look. I did buy some candy sticks, a color by number book for Mackinley & I, and a jar of homemade cherry vanilla fruit spread (which we tried this morning and it's really good!). Mackinley fell asleep the minute we left there and slept for a good hour and a half or more. Then we stopped for lunch at Sheetz on the way home around 2:30pm I think it was, and ate there. Then we got back on the road and Mackinley watched Spongebob & Barney and we colored the rest of the way. We made it home around 5:15pm I think. Unloaded, unpacked and mom came to visit Mackinley. Mackinley ended up in our bed last night, but she slept great, because she hardly moved around at all! I woke up this morning and Jack was like curled up right beside her, I tried to take a picture but he moved! It was adorable! He missed us!
So this week is going to be very busy. We have an appointment tomorrow, an appointment thursday, I have to do avon early again (probably monday morning), we have to do laundry, clean the house, have my birthday get together saturday, grocery shop, unpack from the first trip, and pack for the second, plus James will be working most of the week. We have tons to do!!!!


Comments
Post a Comment