Yard Sale, Date Night, & Vacation

Day 1: 41 people/groups of people, made $81.50 total, made $8.70 personally, James made $16.50!

James did awesome today! He only sold TWO items and made $16.50! One lady wanted one of his remote control construction car things, and it was priced at $5, (James was only hoping for $4 out of it), she gave me $6 because she said since I put new batteries in it, it was worth more than $5, and said she would have given me more if she had change! THEN she ended up coming back and gave me $9 more for it! So nice! And he sold a pair of flip flops. I think I sold a little avon, a movie, a couple things, and so on.

It must have just been a nice day for people. That lady gave us $15 for a toy we were only asking $5 on, then 3 different people didn't want their change back! One was only $0.05 and one was $1! Can't remember the other, I think it was $0.25. Either way, people were in really good moods today!

So now that we are all cleaned up, and mom is gone, I'm exhausted! I have to find time to at least unload and reload the dishwasher and do some more dishes tonight! And of course I have to figure out what for dinner! I am not up to cooking, so James is either going to cook or we are going to go pick something up! Back up at 6:30ish tomorrow morning because mom will be here around 7 so we can set up!

Day 2: 39 people/groups of people, made $106.05 total, made $27.35 personally, James made $1.25!

We did better today! I did better today! One lady came and bought ALL that was left of the baby girl clothes (which were all Mackinley's), so I made a good $12 something off that! I don't even remember what James sold that he made money off of, because he doesn't have a whole lot in the yard sale. We didn't seem to have as many people, but more people bought things and we had bigger purchases! I'm hoping for even better tomorrow!

Today was even hotter than it was yesterday, and I think tomorrow's supposed to be a few degrees hotter than today! I'm definitely sweating my butt off and doing lots of lifting and carrying things. Although this morning my weight was up a bit more, so that definitely sucks! I'm thinking it's because I had too much sodium, not enough water the past couple days.

I feel like super mama tonight though. After an extremely hot and busy day, I still came in and made dinner (I just had to cook because I was starving and wanted some good food, no more sandwiches or frozen meals!). I've also picked up all the toys in the floor, loaded the dishwasher, done some of my dishes (I'm working on the rest), and I may start the dishwasher in a bit. I also need to get things ready for tomorrow, LAST DAY OF THE SALE!

Besides finishing up my dishes and possibly running the dishwasher, I'm going to relax with my babygirl and watch DVR! My feet, back, & butt is killing me! I'm just ready to go to bed! Up at 6:30ish again in the morning!

Day 3: 19 people/groups of people, made $57.40 total, made $5.50 personally, James made $0.00.

Today sucked. The rain just killed our business. We did not have many people at all, and didn't really make much money. So, not really much to say about today, because nothing special happened.

Date Night:

So after the yard sale yesterday, James and I had a date night. We took Mackinley to James' mom's house to play and have dinner, and we went to see my adopted grandpa play in his band at a restaurant. We also had some food, and pie! It was nice to go out, and Mackinley seemed to have a great time.

Yesterday I had somewhat of a cheat/treat day, but I'm right back on track today. For breakfast yesterday I had a breakfast bowl, and James got me some yummy delicious speedway coffee. For snack I had some salad and some goldfish. For lunch I had a hamburger and fries from McDonald's. Then for dinner at the restaurant I had a mushroom swiss burger with fries, a coke, and some chocolate pie!

Vacation:

So we have been invited again to go on vacation with James' family so today I want to make a decision whether we will do that or not. We have already booked and paid for our own separate vacation, and we are not cancelling it, so we have to decide if we can afford an extra $150, plus gas, plus fixing the car, plus food. I think we probably will go, even though I worry that once we are back we may be hurting some for money. I'm not sure though. Of course I would love to go on vacation, we just have to make sure we will be okay financially to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?