33 Weeks

Finally have my laptop back, so here is my picture for the week, IN this post!

33 Weeks: November 12th


So tonight is my childbirth class, but that's another post.

This week is gonna be busy again. Got so much to put away from the baby shower, plus normal housework, childbirth class tonight, and James has drill this weekend. Also I'm giving myself until next monday to finish up the porch. With so much going on last week, I didn't get it started.

Tuesday was James' grandpa's funeral. It was a nice small funeral, but really really cold. Then we spent the rest of the day with James' family at his mom's house eating, talking, and playing games.

Last week, mainly monday my boobies were leaking worse than they ever have. It had been only about one or two drops out of one side or the other every week or every other week. Monday I had one side that leaked about 5-6 drops in a day, and the other side leaked about 1-2 drops in that same day. So I decided the following day, maybe it was time to wear my nursing pads. Of course, I don't think I leaked ANYTHING that day. And I tried to be safe and wear some again the next day, but same thing, I didn't leak at all. Oh well, I can't win. Haha. At least both of my new bras are somewhat padded, so that if I do leak while I'm out anywhere, no one should know.

The weird part is, was that sunday night I was dreaming about breastfeeding, and I'm wondering if that had any connection to why my boobs were leaking so bad monday. I also dreamed about breastfeeding tuesday night, and only leaked about a drop from each side on wednesday. It's just weird. I just wondered if there was a connection between dreaming about it (so thinking about it so much), and my body actually producing it.

On tuesday night too, well really it was early early in the morning, while I was sleeping, I stretched my right leg out, just getting comfortable, but I pointed my toe straight out. Because of that (apparently it's better to stretch your toes up towards your knee and not down, but of course I was sleeping and didn't really pay attention anyways) I got a major major charlie horse in my calf muscle. I know they are popular in pregnancy, but this is the first one I've had so far. Thankfully. I was in pain for a good minute or two, and I'm suprised I didn't wake James up because I was pretty much moaning in pain and wiggling around trying to get it to go away. And then the worst part was that it was sore all night and then still sore when I got up in the morning and hurt off and on all day, mainly when walking up and down the stairs. I never realized a charlie horse would make my leg sore so long AFTER it went away.

Then the next day I had a more mild charlie horse in the other leg, but it did not (thankfully) make my leg sore the whole day.

On thursday was my doctors appointment. I was a little nervous because I was seeing the one doctor who was really not too happy with my weight gain earlier on and I knew I am still gaining, so I was afraid of what she would say. She did mention my weight, and said to start watching it, but she at least seemed to have a better attitude about it, which made me more comfortable. It didn't seem criticizing or rude like it did the first time. They are showing I've gained 77 pounds, but that didn't sound quite right to me, so I weighed myself friday morning to compare my numbers with theirs. With the numbers I have I'm showing I've gained 71.6 pounds. Not good, that's for sure, but better than 77!!!

My plan (which will be hard I'm sure), is to eat right from today up until next tuesday, the day before our first thanksgiving get together. I'm gonna try my best for that weekish to eat much less than normal, and try and eat healthier. We will see how it goes. I want to show that I'm trying to not gain so much weight. I think one big problem (besides my tons of cereal I eat every morning) is that my sweet tooth has kicked in and I've been eating lots more sweets than I normally do/did.

So my blood pressure was good again the first time, so they didn't have to take it again. Thankfully. I think what the problem was, is that I was eating before I went to my appointments before, but the past two appointments I make sure not to eat anything about 2-3 hours before my appointment, except I've eaten an apple right before I left. I think that may have to do with it. That's good to know though.

Mackinley's heartbeat was in the 150's. I was measuring about a week early, but she said that was normal. And she said that I probably won't have another ultrasound unless I am measuring big around 36 weeks, and then they will do an ultrasound again to check on her size again and things. She was also the first doctor who has told me that my urine samples I've been giving everytime are coming back normal and fine. I assumed since no doctor has said otherwise, but she was the first to actually tell me they were fine.

I go back in two weeks, well not quite two weeks because two weeks from thursday is thanksgiving. And at that appointment I will be seeing my #2 ranked doctor that I have only seen once early on in the pregnancy.

Last thursday also, little miss Mackinley was so extremely active. She was moving all over the place all day long. It seemed there wasn't more than a half hour to an hour that she was still. It was like she was trying to get comfortable, and just wiggled around all day. I was afraid that night that I would be up all night with her moving around, but once I layed down in bed, she settled down and was still most of the night. I'm hoping that's a good sign that she will sleep well during the night since she does already.

She's also getting bigger because her movements feel different than they have been. Around my belly area they still feel the same, but down by where her head and hands are (right around my low waist area), the movements used to feel like twitches. Now they feel like movement. I can feel the pressure on my hips and pubic bone when she moves. And today I felt her with her feet clear up by my ribs! She hasn't gotten that high before but today she had a foot in my ribs!!!!

So that's all my updates for the week since my baby shower post is all on it's own and my maternity tour post too. They should be up soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?