Baby Shower!!!


So the baby shower went well. There was a couple bad things, but for the most part it was really nice.

We were expecting around 40 people, but only had 25 show up (28 including James, Mackinley and I). A couple people had to cancel last minute because of one reason or another, which is fine and understandable, I just had thought that the 15 or so people we had not yet heard from, that some of them might have showed up to make up for the lack of people because of cancelling. Oh well, 25 is still a good number, and we still had a good time.


Besides myself and baby and James, we had my mom, my two sisters, my nephew, my step dad, James' mom, James' sister, my grandma, James' grandma's (two of them) and one grandpa, my dad, my brother, my sister in law, my great aunt, James' aunt, James' cousin, my mom's neighbor, my grandma's long time friend (kind of like a great aunt to me), James' mom's friend from church, my mom's long time friend and her husband (she has known us for years and is like our aunt, and she traveled 4.5 hours just to come), another of my grandma's friends (who is pretty close to the whole family for the past year or two), and my best friend and her friend who lives with her and used to live in the house we bought.


I was so happy to see everyone of course, but I was very happy to see my dad who I haven't seen in quite a while, and my brother in his wife who I don't get to see much, and my mom's friend who traveled so far to see us, I haven't seen her in a long long time, and then my best friend who I haven't seen in probably more than a year too!!!!

My mom and us and sister were all there about 2 hours before the party started to set things up. We had to get decorations up, get food started, get games set up and everything like that. I'm glad we had two hours to get things set up because it took us just about the whole time!!!


Shortly after the party started we had food first. We had sandwiches, meatballs, bbq sausages and hot dogs, chips, fruit, cupcakes, cookies, punch, and ice cream. After eating we started games. First game we played was musical present. We had a present that was wrapped a bunch of times. We passed it around while the music played and when the music stopped, the person holding it had to take off one layer of paper. Then we continued that until someone got to the prize at the end. Then we had a tummy measure game, where people cut off tummy tape about how long they thought would reach around my belly. Most people were pretty close, only a few inches off, but there was also a couple that made it really huge!!! Then there was a bottle full of candies that we had to guess how many were in it. And then there was a game where you had to find the "dirty" diaper that was taped under the chairs. There was diapers taped under every chair, but only one held some chocolate chips, which was the "dirty" diaper. Whoever found that one was the winner.


Then we went ahead and opened gifts. James and I both opened gifts. Taking turns, he would do one, I would do one, etc. We got a lot of nice things. We got a lot of diapers, tons of wipes, baby wash and lotions, tons and tons of clothes (more than I was expecting!), some hair things, a few pacifiers, a few bottles, some stuffed toys, a new bouncer, two toy boxes, some cash, lots of blankets, some towels and rags, some socks, a few pairs of shoes, and so much more.

After the gifts everyone seemed to disappear and leave, but we had one more game. We played the baby food tasting game. We had six kinds to try and guess the flavors. We had I think 3 people tie by guessing 3 of the 6 flavors right. There was green beans, sweet potatoes, chicken noodle, bananas, mac and cheese, and pears. I guessed the chicken, bananas and mac and cheese correct. I thought the first was peas, I thought the sweet potatoes was peaches, and I thought the pears were apples.


Once that was done, we spent the rest of the time cleaning up, loading cars, packing up food, and heading out. It was a really nice baby shower and I loved seeing everyone and we are very thankful for all the things we were given. I had swollen feet and sore legs when I got home, I could barely walk around, but it was well worth it and lots of fun. I think things went really well.

There was also a game where people are supposed to guess when Mackinley will be born, her date of birth, time of birth, weight, length, eye color and hair color. We had 15 people who guessed and filled things in. It was really interesting to see everyone's guesses. I plan to collect a few more before then and add to the list. Of course we won't know who is the closest guesser until after she's born and here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?