35 Weeks

Here is my picture for the week!

35 Weeks: November 26th


I can't believe I've only got 5 weeks left!!!!! It's getting so close!!! And I'm hoping for her to be here in about 3 weeks! AHHH!!!!!!

Finally, an easy week ahead with not much planned! No appointments, no classes, etc. Just normal housework, normal schedule, and hopefully some time to relax. And no plans for the weekend ahead either! So I hope this week to focus a whole lot on finishing up Mackinley's stuff so it's ready whenever she arrives. Then it will just be a waiting game until she gets here! I also really need to start on the bathroom. I now have the stuff to set up her bath station in the bathroom, so I need to get the bathroom thoroughly cleaned and ready. So this week won't be busy because of errands or appointments, but because of getting so much done and caught up at home. Not lots of housework really, but decorating for Christmas, and really really focusing on finishing up all Mackinley's stuff this week. Or at least most of it.

My doctor's appointment tuesday went okay. I did the normal pee in a cup and the doctor said my urine is still looking fine. I saw my #2 ranked doctor who I haven't seen since early pregnancy, and I still really like her a lot. Almost enough I'm considering moving her to #1. James didn't care for her too much the first time we saw her, but he liked her better this time. Anyways, they also decided to give me a flu shot, so my arm may be sore for a couple days. I've never had a flu shot before, so we will see how it affects me. My blood pressure was like 142/100 or something when I first got in there, so they wanted me to take it again later, and it ended up being 138/90, which is better. However this doctor seems more concerned about my blood pressure than the other doctors, so I had to go back wednesday and get a blood pressure check done again. More about that later. She measured my belly and didn't say it was big or anything, but she didn't really say it was normal either. Then she listened to the heartbeat. Well after some struggling to find it. I was starting to get worried, because usually they can catch it right away, but she had to move it like 3 times before she got it. Thankfully it was alright, so she must have just been in the wrong position to get it easily. She said it was in the 150's which is good. And thankfully this doctor did not mention anything about my weight. I know it's a problem, but it's still a relief when they don't shove it in my face.

So I go back in a little over 2 weeks from tuesday for my 36 week appointment. This one will include the first pelvic check (well other than the one at the beginning). She also scheduled me for another ultrasound to check for measurements. So not sure if that's just normal or if I was measuring big and she wants to see where she's at. I'm not complaining. The more ultrasounds, the more I get to see my baby girl. I'm excited to see how big she is too! Then after that appointment, my appointments will go to every week! It's coming so close!!!!!!

Wednesday at my blood pressure check, things went well. They had to weigh me again, not sure why because I was weighed the day before, BUT I was down 2 pounds from the day before, which was good. Anyways, she took me into the room, told me to lay on my left side, asked me a few questions and then she took my blood pressure. Tuesday it was 142/100 and then 138/90. Wednesday when she took it again it was 138/70. The top number did not change, so apparently they just wanted the bottom number lowered. I tried my best to make sure it would be a good number. I ate a light breakfast, had some decaf coffee, all before like 6:30am, and my appointment was at 8:45am. Then I tried to relax all morning and not stress about the test. So apparently I did alright. Thankfully it was good and there was no more mention of a 24 hour urine collection.

Thanksgiving at mom's wednesday was pretty good. I went over to mom's around 11am and hung out and helped with a few things. Then James came over after he got off work, so he was over there around 3:30. Dinner was around 5pm. We had a total of 13 people over there. The food was amazing as always, and I got so full! Mom's house is pretty small, so when you stick that many people in one small area, plus have the oven going and a roaster, it was so hot in there. I kept having to step outside for some cool air. And because it was such a small area, with a lot of people, for a while when everyone was there, I didn't really have anywhere to comfortable to sit or spread out or put my feet up, so I was hurting pretty bad by the time everyone left. Once people started leaving I was able to lay down on the couch with my feet up for a little bit and relax, and after about a half hour, I felt much better. Other than the sucky pregnancy symptoms of not being comfortable though, I had a really nice time with my family.

Thanksgiving at James' mom's went pretty good too. James and I apparently did not plan time well, because we were a little later getting over there than we should have. We were up late wednesday, so we slept in thursday (only until 9:30 though), and then had to get breakfast, do our computer stuff, cut up potatoes (which took like an hour), and get dressed and ready. Anyways, things went okay over there. Food was good, and it was nice hanging out some, and it was so nice outside, so we got to go on a walk and all that.

Thanksgiving at James' grandparents yesterday went fine. It was a small, short get together, but things went well. Since we weren't over there long, I was feeling alright. My feet hurt just a little, but not too bad.

Since the diaper party too, James has gotten 5 more gifts from people at work. A $25 target gift card, $15 cash, $10 walmart gift card, a nice picture frame from longaberger, and a collector barbie to put back for Mackinley. The generosity of these people just keeps coming!

Recently I've been feeling really clingy to my mom. I think because it's so close to labor, that I just know I want her around and I want her there. It could also be an emotional hormone thing too. I just feel like I want her around, and I wanna go see her everyday and all of that. Apparently it's normal though to want your mom around this time. It just sucks she lives so far away, or I would get to see her more. I did talk to her about it and she said it's a normal feeling, so it's not weird. She said she is having an emotional thing right now wanting to be around me and with me more through the pregnancy.

Last thursday night, off and on all day friday, just a little bit saturday, and last night, I was having some mild cramping in my low belly. Like period cramps, but not major, or extremely painful. Friday morning when I woke up, I felt like Mackinley was lower in my stomach, like she had dropped, or is working on dropping lower already. Looking in the mirrow saturday, to me, my belly appeared to be just slightly lower hanging now. I'm thinking the cramping probably has to do with her dropping down and stretching out my pelvic area. That means it's even closer to her being here! I just hope it's not soon soon. I don't want her 5 weeks early, because I would be worried about some complications and her lungs. I am 99% sure she would survive if born now, but she may have to be on breathing machines or things like that. I'm hoping I can make it to 37 weeks. I think anything after 37 weeks, I would be comfortable that she will be healthy enough to not need much assistance breathing or anything like that. If that's the case though, that's only 2 weeks away!!!!!! Anyways, this cramping and dropping in my belly just has me slightly worried she's coming even sooner than I had hoped for. I just gotta try my best to make sure she stays in long enough to be fully developed, and pray that if she comes very early, that all will be fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?