Suprise Diaper Party!

So I've been keeping a secret for a few weeks now. Some of the members who swim at the pool where James works, planned him a suprise diaper party! I saw fliers about it in the locker room a few weeks ago and I've been trying to keep it a secret since then! Luckily I did not slip up and tell him. Apparently thursday or friday though one of the ladies who swim there also slipped up and told him about it, but of course he didn't know too many details. He only knew it was some sort of baby shower or something, on tuesday. He also didn't know I knew anything about it. When he mentioned he knew about it, I just kind of played dumb like I didn't know anything about it.

I went to the pool around 10 and they weren't set up and ready yet, so I waited in a room off to the side of the pool. Then a few other people were early and they put them with me. Then around 10:15, James' boss went in and told him that I was there to talk to him in the racquetball courts (where I was waiting), and to go talk to me. So his boss took over for him lifeguarding so that he could go to the party. After they sent him in to see me, a whole long line of people came out of the pool area behind him with gifts and things.

First they dressed James up as diaper man. He had a hat made out of a diaper, a pink shirt with a "D" on it like superman but for diaper man, and then they had me pin a blanket around him like a diaper. They also had a septor for him, that was pink with sparkly stuff all around it, and a barbie head with some pink feathers on the end.

I was saying I think there was probably 15-20 people there, but after thinking about it more I really think there was closer to probably 30 people there. So many more people showed up than anyone was expecting.

I had just planned to go and watch, not really participate, but they wanted me to help him open gifts, so we were both opening gifts together. We got so so so so many things. I could not believe it. Everyone was so extremely generous. Before the diaper party, people had given money to the lady in charge to buy diapers, and apparently the lady collected around $150 for diapers! She bought us 3 huge boxes of diapers and a huge box of wipes. So in total we had a total of 1325 diapers! And we got 4 tubs of wipes, plus 10 packs of the resealable or refill wipes! That's not counting the clothes we got, toys and books, baby washes and lotions and diaper cream, and so much more. We also received $120 in cash, $50 in target gift cards, and $145 in walmart gift cards! I just cannot get over how generous and kind these people were that only see James maybe a couple times a week to swim where he works!!! It just really goes to show you that good customer service, and being kind and polite to people and taking the time to talk to them and care about their life, really will pay off in the end!

The lady in charge had also made some cute little pink cupcakes!

I'm glad I went and go to thank everyone in person and meet a lot of the people I hear James talk about all the time. James was such a good sport with being dressed up all silly and participating in things. I think he really felt special that they did all this for him. I was glad to see him in the spotlight a little and have the focus more on him than me for once. It was really great of them to do this for him. They all seem to care a lot about him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?