Crazy, Busy, Long Week

This past week has been so busy that I have barely had time to check emails and log food. I could not find the time to blog. So hopefully I can get this all in one post.

Monday. Monday we had an appointment to go to and dropped Mackinley off at James' mom's to be babysat. That took up most of our afternoon, then after we picked her up we went grocery shopping. Once we got home, it was dinner time and bedtime and all that. So we really got nothing done that day. I did not get any exercise that day. I wanted to start going to zumba on mondays, but it was too busy to go this week. Hopefully this coming monday.

Tuesday. Tuesday I was home with Mackinley all day by myself pretty much. After work James went to columbus to turn in most of his army equipment and do some more paperwork for him getting out of the army. Then of course tuesday evening was training. Training this week wasn't as difficult. It seemed to focus mainly on arm strength. There wasn't tons of cardio so it didn't seem like as much work, although it wasn't easy. My arms felt like 100 pounds the rest of that evening. And I only burned 471 calories this session. I did get a walk in though too that day. Here's what we did at training:

*Treadmill Warm-Up 3min
*Cable Chop Machine, 2 sets, 12 reps, each side
*Cable Lift Machine, 2 sets, 12 reps, each side
*Chest Press Machine, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Push Ups, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Pulldown Machine, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Military Press with 7.5lb Weights, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Leg Press Machine, 140lbs, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Single Leg Romanian Dead Lift, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Ball Push Ups, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Plank & Side Planks, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Single Leg Cable Triceps Extension, 2 sets, 3 reps, each leg & arm
*Side Shuffle, 3 times up and back gym
*Jump Rope, 3 sets, 120 reps
*Bike Machine, 5 min
*Walk on Track, half mile which is 9 times around

Wednesday. Wednesday evening, both James and I both had eye doctor appointments. We scheduled them back to back so that we didn't have to have Mackinley babysat, but it didn't quite work out as planned. They called me back first when James was scheduled first. Then apparently they tried getting James back while I was still back there, and he had to tell them they couldn't yet til I was done. I specifically mentioned that on the phone when I scheduled, so it's not like we just showed up with her for appointments at the same time. Anyways, she was good for James apparently, but when he went back and it was my turn to watch her, she was a complete butt. She kept trying to climb up on stuff, and I pulled her away a million times and of course she kept going back, and she ended up bumping her eye and it looked bad (but went away by the next day thankfully, I thought she may have a black eye), so she was screaming and crying which is embarrassing in public. And they took James back immediately after I was done, they didn't even give me a chance to look at glasses. So I had to hold an extremely squirmy fussy baby on my lap while trying to try on glasses. I just quickly picked out a new pair that I'm not even sure looked fine just to get it done. And I tried sitting her on the floor to feed her because she was due for some food and she just tried climbing all over, wiping food all over me and her, and when I tried to wipe her off she would either crawl away or grab the spoon and make even more of a mess. It was horrible. I was so ready to be out of there. Only exercise I got that day was a walk. No time for the gym or anything extra.

Thursday. Thursday James and I both had dentist appointments, at the same time, so we had to take Mackinley to James' mom's again to be watched. I hate the dentist. I'm terrified, it's scary, and I hate hate hate going. But I haven't seen a dentist in 6 years so while I have insurance I figured I probably should go. I'm not really sure that I like the dentist office we went to either. The receptionist was just rude and snippy. The hygenist was ROUGH. It started out alright, but when she got to the floss she was just shoving it so hard between my gums. I'm not a flosser, so it was really hurting. There was like a lot of blood on my bib thing. Then when she was scraping my teeth that was not very gentle either. All she said was that I would be sore for a few days. I've NEVER been sore from a teeth CLEANING. It was just a CLEANING. I think it's rediculous to be sore for days after. So I was not happy. I did however like the dentist. He was gentle and friendly. BUT I have six cavities. Yes, SIX! I guess one for each year isn't too bad. So monday I get to get them filled. Not looking forward to it. First time I had cavities filled, they had to use the laughing gas on me. That's how stressed I get about it. Don't think that's an option with this dentist, or my insurance. Only exercise I got that day was another walk in the evening. Walking seems to be the only thing I have time for, because it's usually to put Mackinley down for an easy nap in the evenings. But it's exercise for me, so it's all good.

Friday. Yesterday we finally did not have any appointments, but once James got home from work we did lunch and all that normal stuff, then we were planning to go to James' mom's for dinner and leave around 4, but that did not happen. Mackinley was due for a nap at 3:15 but I could not get her to sleep. I was determined to give her a nap before going, because I did not want a grumpy girl at someone else's house, and there's like nowhere to give her a nap there, so she needed it before. Well we finally got over there around 5:30 and she still had not taken her nap. She just pretty much cried the whole drive there. So I put on the baby carrier and walked her around the neighborhood til she fell asleep and then we finally were able to go inside. So I just held her while she slept, and then when she woke up all was good and we had dinner with them and had fun. Always lots of laughing over there.

Yesterday, it was kind of an easy, lazy day. We just hung out at home, watching tv. We finished Under The Dome. We were about 2 episodes behind, so we watched those today. I've done a few dishes and straightened up and taken care of Mackinley. Today we are going to my mom's house to hang out and have dinner.

My weight at training tuesday was 243, which is so much better than last week's 246, BUT it's still only a half pound loss from my original assessment weight of 243.5. As of yesterday morning, my weight is showing 238.4, so let's see how good that stays or maybe drops by tuesday. My trainer wants me to drop my calories quite a bit, but I'm in the process of trying to check with her if that's a good idea since I'm still breastfeeding (pumping). I don't think she knew that before, but I'm having trouble getting ahold of her to find out for sure. I have my calories set at 2000, which I think is good and reasonable, but normally I've been staying under 1800. She wants me to lowed to 1600 though. And she wants me to lower my sodium like a lot. If you have used my fitness pal before you realize just how difficult it is to stay under on sodium. I'm over everyday. But I try and drink plenty of water to kind of counteract it and help flush it out.

Next week is gonna be kinda busy too, but thankfully not as bad as this week. Monday James and I have our fillings, then tuesday we have a WIC appointment and I have training. Then as far as I know, no big plans for the rest of the week, but sunday is our 6 year wedding anniversary. We're probably just gonna go out to eat because we are in the process of planning a big vacation sometime around the end of october, beginning of november. It is gonna be in celebration of James being out of the army, it's also an anniversary trip (I really wanted to take one last year but I was pregnant so we decided against it), and it's gonna be a nice trip for us to have some family time before James starts school in January. We're planning to go to Myrtle Beach. Only problems holding us back from planning it quite yet, is that we aren't sure when my mom's halloween party will be, and we don't know when trick or treating here will be, and then it will also be a week I will miss in the fitness challenge. The place we found and want to stay though is really awesome. There's all kinds of neat things to do there at the resort, it's really REALLY cheap, and we would get a whole condo to ourselves.

Anyways, I guess this is a long enough post. If I have more to say I'll write about it in another post.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?