Orientation
My orientation was yesterday, as you know if you read my blog. I was under the impression it was pretty much just a quick thing where they show you how to use the machines and show you where to set the seat and so on so it fits your body. Well it was a little more than that! It was definitely a workout!!!! I was thinking about wearing my heart rate monitor, but I didn't figuring it would be a waste of time, but really I should have worn it. It started out with doing 15 minutes on the treadmill at 3mph, which is a decently fast walk.
Then we went to every machine and he set the seat and things where they needed to be for me and thoroughly explained how to use the machines and what muscles they should be working. But instead of just showing me how to use it, I had to do 15 reps on each machine, with some weight to get the feel of it. Each one in itself would not be bad, but there were 15 machines!! I really enjoyed learning how to use them all though. And I can really feel that I used some muscles that aren't used often. I would love to keep up on the weight training to tighten up some flabby spots and keep me strong trying to carry my babygirl all the time!!! It's something that really interests me.
Anyways, after all the machines, I did another 5 minutes on the treadmill. The whole thing took about an hour, but it was definitely useful. I wish I would have known about this long ago so that maybe I could use it. Now I gotta talk James into getting an orientation also or at least going with me to do stuff in there. I don't think he's much interested in the strength training stuff though. So maybe the friend who is doing the challenge with me will go with me to do some of that type stuff too.
This morning I was down about 1.2 lbs from yesterday... BUT I am only 0.1 lb down from what I was at my assessment, and I won't be weighing in until this evening, meaning my weight will probably be up some by that time. Although next week I'm sure I will show a good loss. If I keep at it, I'm hoping for a good 5 lb loss before next tuesday! When I'm this big, I usually lose pretty quickly at first. It's a huge change for my body to just cut out the junk and get a little exercise.
Yesterday I got a good amount of exercise. I had 3 different walks totally 64 minutes, plus my workout video in the morning, plus my orientation was a good workout. Today I want to get some sort of exercise before my trainer session, but I'm not yet sure what. Maybe a walk, maybe some kinect, I don't know. Depends kind of on Mackinley, if she's happy or grumpy, etc. Speaking of her, she's waking up, so time to get off here!
Then we went to every machine and he set the seat and things where they needed to be for me and thoroughly explained how to use the machines and what muscles they should be working. But instead of just showing me how to use it, I had to do 15 reps on each machine, with some weight to get the feel of it. Each one in itself would not be bad, but there were 15 machines!! I really enjoyed learning how to use them all though. And I can really feel that I used some muscles that aren't used often. I would love to keep up on the weight training to tighten up some flabby spots and keep me strong trying to carry my babygirl all the time!!! It's something that really interests me.
Anyways, after all the machines, I did another 5 minutes on the treadmill. The whole thing took about an hour, but it was definitely useful. I wish I would have known about this long ago so that maybe I could use it. Now I gotta talk James into getting an orientation also or at least going with me to do stuff in there. I don't think he's much interested in the strength training stuff though. So maybe the friend who is doing the challenge with me will go with me to do some of that type stuff too.
This morning I was down about 1.2 lbs from yesterday... BUT I am only 0.1 lb down from what I was at my assessment, and I won't be weighing in until this evening, meaning my weight will probably be up some by that time. Although next week I'm sure I will show a good loss. If I keep at it, I'm hoping for a good 5 lb loss before next tuesday! When I'm this big, I usually lose pretty quickly at first. It's a huge change for my body to just cut out the junk and get a little exercise.
Yesterday I got a good amount of exercise. I had 3 different walks totally 64 minutes, plus my workout video in the morning, plus my orientation was a good workout. Today I want to get some sort of exercise before my trainer session, but I'm not yet sure what. Maybe a walk, maybe some kinect, I don't know. Depends kind of on Mackinley, if she's happy or grumpy, etc. Speaking of her, she's waking up, so time to get off here!
Comments
Post a Comment