First Trainer Session, 5K, & Milk
Tuesday was my first session with my trainer. It was brutal!!!! We did so much! Here's most of what we did:
*Quick Warm Up on the treadmill
*Balances on one leg, 10 seconds each, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Butt kicks, which we were able to do one leg at a time, 3 sets, 8 reps
*Zig zag running with touchdown, 5 times up the gym, walking back to start over
*Side shuffle all the way down the gym and back, 5 times
*Push ups, knee push ups, or wall push ups, 3 sets, 12 reps
*Stagger stance soccer throw, 3 sets, 20 reps, and that's each leg, so we threw a 4lb ball at the wall, 120 times
*Medicine ball scoop toss, tossing back and forth to a partner on your side, 3 sets, 10 reps
*Prisoner squats, 3 sets, 20 reps
*Ball Squats, 3 sets, 20 reps
*Ice Skater, 3 sets, 20 reps
*Ball Crunches, 100
*Running up and down the stairs, 10 times
The hour FLEW by. It was time to leave before I knew it. But it was really a workout. It was rough, but I really felt like I accomplished something. And it wasn't a boring workout either. There was a lot of variety and we could kind of go at our own pace. If we were done with one thing we could start on the next rather than wait for everyone else. I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to next week to see what else new we will be doing. I think I have decide though that my trainer session is more than enough workout for one day so I don't plan to do much extra on tuesdays when I go. I burned 635 calories just in that one hour of training! My arms are still SO sore I can barely lift them above shoulder height!
Then yesterday, I met up with my friend Savannah who is doing the fitness challenge with me, along with James and Mackinley in her stroller, to walk the 5K that we will be doing at the end of the challenge. We walked it in an hour and 9 minutes, and I burned 529 calories doing so! I get 20 points for the challenge this week just for walking that!
As for exercising today, so far I've only done 50 crunches. If Mackinley sleeps long enough I plan to do some kinect but I don't think she will. If not, I'll try later for something. If the rain stops, we may get a walk in later.
Right now, I have only 2 bottles worth of breastmilk frozen in the freezer. 8 ounces total. Which means very very very soon Mackinley will be getting more formula than usual. For the past month or so, I've been able to thaw out a bottle of frozen breastmilk almost everyday to cover the lack of what I'm producing. She was only being supplemented with formula every 2-4 days. Once those 2 bottle of milk in the freezer are gone, she will probably have formula everyday. To be honest, I'm not really that upset about it. I'm still pumping and producing probably 7-10 ounces of milk a day. But she is already 8 months old. I am just super proud of myself that I made it this far. For someone like me, who started out saying I would not breastfeed at all and worked my way up to where I am now, that's an accomplishment for me. She will get whatever breastmilk I can give her until she's a year old, and then I will be done with the pumping and she will be on whole milk I assume.
Anyways, time to get off here. Almost done pumping and I'm gonna try for a workout before lunch and before she wakes up if possible.
*Quick Warm Up on the treadmill
*Balances on one leg, 10 seconds each, 2 sets, 12 reps
*Butt kicks, which we were able to do one leg at a time, 3 sets, 8 reps
*Zig zag running with touchdown, 5 times up the gym, walking back to start over
*Side shuffle all the way down the gym and back, 5 times
*Push ups, knee push ups, or wall push ups, 3 sets, 12 reps
*Stagger stance soccer throw, 3 sets, 20 reps, and that's each leg, so we threw a 4lb ball at the wall, 120 times
*Medicine ball scoop toss, tossing back and forth to a partner on your side, 3 sets, 10 reps
*Prisoner squats, 3 sets, 20 reps
*Ball Squats, 3 sets, 20 reps
*Ice Skater, 3 sets, 20 reps
*Ball Crunches, 100
*Running up and down the stairs, 10 times
The hour FLEW by. It was time to leave before I knew it. But it was really a workout. It was rough, but I really felt like I accomplished something. And it wasn't a boring workout either. There was a lot of variety and we could kind of go at our own pace. If we were done with one thing we could start on the next rather than wait for everyone else. I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to next week to see what else new we will be doing. I think I have decide though that my trainer session is more than enough workout for one day so I don't plan to do much extra on tuesdays when I go. I burned 635 calories just in that one hour of training! My arms are still SO sore I can barely lift them above shoulder height!
Then yesterday, I met up with my friend Savannah who is doing the fitness challenge with me, along with James and Mackinley in her stroller, to walk the 5K that we will be doing at the end of the challenge. We walked it in an hour and 9 minutes, and I burned 529 calories doing so! I get 20 points for the challenge this week just for walking that!
As for exercising today, so far I've only done 50 crunches. If Mackinley sleeps long enough I plan to do some kinect but I don't think she will. If not, I'll try later for something. If the rain stops, we may get a walk in later.
Right now, I have only 2 bottles worth of breastmilk frozen in the freezer. 8 ounces total. Which means very very very soon Mackinley will be getting more formula than usual. For the past month or so, I've been able to thaw out a bottle of frozen breastmilk almost everyday to cover the lack of what I'm producing. She was only being supplemented with formula every 2-4 days. Once those 2 bottle of milk in the freezer are gone, she will probably have formula everyday. To be honest, I'm not really that upset about it. I'm still pumping and producing probably 7-10 ounces of milk a day. But she is already 8 months old. I am just super proud of myself that I made it this far. For someone like me, who started out saying I would not breastfeed at all and worked my way up to where I am now, that's an accomplishment for me. She will get whatever breastmilk I can give her until she's a year old, and then I will be done with the pumping and she will be on whole milk I assume.
Anyways, time to get off here. Almost done pumping and I'm gonna try for a workout before lunch and before she wakes up if possible.
Comments
Post a Comment