Fitness Challenge Info Meeting

Last night was the fitness challenge informational meeting since the challenge starts monday. The challenge runs a lot like last time, but with a few changes. This time there will be weekly prizes which I think is pretty cool. And you also have the opportunity to make up any sessions you may miss. Which I don't think you could do before, and it's good to know for this time, since we are hoping for a vacation the end of october, which means I will probably miss a session. And this time, we are using a system called Activtrax. It's similar to My Fitness Pal, but there is a kiosk for this one in the gym which is helpful and I've heard you can sync your heart rate monitor to it or something and it prints you off specific workouts just for you and so on. Sounds pretty cool, but I'm not yet familiar with the system so I've gotta figure out how to use it. Using My Fitness Pal is still an option, especially for logging food. I've heard that with Activtrax it's harder to log your food. So I will try it out and see how it works out.

The 5K will be November 9th, so that gives me about 2 months to work on my running, because I would like to do the 5K in just as well of time, if not better than I did two years ago. The end of the challenge is November 16th. It runs 10 weeks. Apparently there will be some point system which is our goal of working out for each week or something. We won't have that type of information until monday when we can pick up our folders so I will have more info then. Also monday I am scheduled to go do an orientation in the weight room. I had never heard of it before but it's something we have to have done for the challenge. It's one on one with a trainer who takes you around the weight room and shows you what setting you need things on, like the seats and so on, and then shows you how to use the machines. Which is nice, I really would love to get into using the weight room more. It's something that interests me. Not to get huge muscles or be a body builder or anything like that, but just to tone some things up, and I think they are fun to use. I feel like I really get a good workout with them because I'm so sore in places I didn't realize there were muscles!

So anyways, that's about the info I got from the meeting yesterday. I'm just excited to get started. Today is my last day eating badly, Chipotle for lunch! And then the weekend I plan to eat well. I DO NOT want to show a gain for my first weigh in. Well it's about nap time for Mackinley and James will be back with lunch soon and we have a busy day ahead of cleaning cleaning and more cleaning. We are so behind on things! So, time to get off here. Just a quick short post today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?