Day 1 & Family Reunion Yesterday

I'll start off on my family reunion yesterday. I look forward to this day all year. And this year was even more special to me because it was the first year I could show off Mackinley. Last year she was still in my belly. But yesterday did not at all go how I wanted. It was the most stressful day I've had in a long time. James had drill so I was alone most of the day in taking care of Mackinley. The morning was stressful. I got up at 8, mom was supposed to pick me up by 10, I figured 2 hours was plenty of time to get ready, but things did not work out that way. I was so rushed, pumping, gathering things up, breakfast for the two of us, getting us both dressed, giving Mackinley a bath, and so on. My mom was thankfully about 15 minutes late, and I had JUST finished up getting things ready. As James can tell you, I hate hate hate being rushed, it stresses me out.

So then we go to mom's house, and Mackinley does not sleep on the way, yet she's due for a nap. So I know I will have a grumpy girl the rest of the morning. Then mom is rushing rushing rushing trying to get gifts all sorted and wrapped up for the bingo game, with my help, while we were trying to keep Mackinley and Tommy satisfied. Then we ended up not leaving until almost 1 and that's when we were supposed to be eating at the reunion, yet we had a 40 minute drive to go still. So we were late, and I hate being late, it really .... yes again, stresses me out. I will use that word a lot in this post.

Thankfully Mackinley finally got her nap in on the way down there, so I didn't have to worry about that. But it was her lunchtime, it was time for everyone else to eat, and there were so many little kids, it was so chaotic in there. I have a little bit of anxiety when it comes to crowds and noise like that. I was so stressed I was shaking. Then Mackinley decided to poop, so I had to change her in the trunk of my moms car because there was no place there to change her. Needless to say, I was just about the last one to get in line and get some food, and as always I had to eat while feeding her and try and hold her walker still so she didn't run off. It gives me a stomach ache to eat so stressed out like that.

There was so much for Mackinley to get into and keeping her still in her walker really did not make her happy. And chasing her around everywhere while she was running over peoples toes just exhausted me so much. My mom did come and take her and give me a few short breaks for a few minutes, but it was still so chaotic in there it was hard to even get a minute to relax. I would have just left and went outside to breathe but it was so hot that only made things worse. Then when it was naptime, they were doing the business meeting part of the reunion and I wanted to be part of that, but it was Mackinley's naptime, so I tried pushing her around in her stroller in there, but there was no room. I kept running into chairs and there was little kids all over the place getting in my way. She was not going to sleep in there. Then she pooped again and I had to change her in her stroller. Holy crap that was so difficult. Then I ended up having to take her outside to push her in her stroller to get her asleep. And the entire place was nothing but gravel. I did not think she would go to sleep on that, but thankfully she did. Then I took her back in and pushed her back and forth and back and forth to keep her asleep next to my seat and my arm was so tired.

I tried to participate in bingo, which is a tradition at my reunion and so much fun, and we haven't been able to play for a few years. But I was only able to get in a few games. I was trying to feed Mackinley while playing and she was not happy playing in her walker or her stroller and when I held her she just dumped my pieces off. And then again we had to change her diaper in the trunk of my moms car! It was such a rediculous, stressful day. The worst in a long time. By the time James finally got there, I was so ready to pass her off to him. It just bothers me that I have a husband to help me with hard times like that, but again the army screws things up. ONE MORE DRILL and he's DONE FOREVER! I cannot wait.

Normally after a reunion I would go hang out at my moms house a bit, but since it was sunday and already 7pm, and since I was just so stressed and exhausted, we ended up going home. But of course when I got home, mommy mode can't stop, so I had to unpack from the day, get Mackinley some dinner, get me something to eat, get things ready for bed, etc. I would have loved after that rough day to just come home and put my feet up and relax, but I've got more important people to take care of than myself. So we didn't get to bed until like 11 or 11:30 and poor James has to get up at 4:45am everyday.

So it was the most stressful reunion of my life I think. I was so looking forward to it and things did not go as planned. I was so stressed out the whole time and so busy I really didn't even get to visit with much of my family that I only see once or twice a year. It was really disappointing. But it's over now, Mackinley will be bigger next year and hopefully not as much of a handful and James SHOULD be there. Unless he gets a new job that interferes, he will be there.

Today is the start of the fitness challenge. So far I've done okay. I got up this morning before Mackinley did and I pumped and then did a workout video. I had a healthy breakfast, and I've tried to refrain from snacking. I weighed myself this morning and I need to lose about 1.5-2 pounds hopefully before tomorrow's weigh in, or else I will show a slight gain to start off the challenge! Later today I have my orientation on the weight room stuff. And while I'm there I'm going to get a class schedule for the classes to see when zumba is and if there is any other classes I want to take. Also I will pick up my folder for the fitness challenge to see what all is in there, and to add all the papers that I got at the meeting and get myself organized.

I think at least for the first week, I'm gonna log my food and exercise on My Fitness Pal and on Activtrax. I've already done the workout video this morning, and I will probably take a walk this evening with James, but I also hope to have some time to do another workout video or even some kinect and maybe a walk with just Mackinley and I. I'm starting off this challenge right!!!!! I'll try and post about my orientation tomorrow, and then maybe my first trainer session on wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?