Date Night, Army, and More
James and I had our first date night in probably 5-6 months, this past weekend. We went to Olive Garden to eat, using a gift card I got for my birthday. We only had to pay $1.60! Then we went to the mall and played Mini Golf. I haven't played that in years. It was actually really fun once we got into it. We didn't neccessarily keep score, but we kept track of who won how many holes, by how many hits to get the ball in. It started off with me doing better than James, then he caught up and way surpassed me. He won 7 of 18 holes, I won 3 holes, and we tied on the other 8. Either way it was pretty fun. Then we looked around at a few stores. Then we got some yummy pretzels. Then we ran to Walmart for a couple things we needed. My mom babysit Mackinley for us. It was nice to get out on our own for a bit.
James is almost done with the army. He has only 2 more drills to go to. One being this weekend, and one sometime in October. His last official day in the army is October 20th. As of October 21st, he's a free man!!!! We are hoping to plan a nice vacation once he's out. In part to celebrate him being out of the army, in part as an anniversary trip (which is at the end of september), and in part to give us a nice family vacation before James starts school. It's been a long time coming, I'm so happy he's almost done with the army. We have said for a few years now that we want to have a big "out of the army" party, but I'm not sure if we will do that or just take our big vacation and say that's that.
Tonight is the info meeting for the fitness challenge, so I will see how that's all gonna work. From what I've heard, it will be very similar to the last one I was in. Not much has changed, I've heard, but we will see. Today and tomorrow I'm taking it easy and resting and eating whatever I want. Then saturday and sunday will be a prep for the start of the challenge on monday and my first weigh in and training meeting. I plan to try and eat well those two days and make sure I don't show a gain my first weigh in!!!!
Sunday is my family reunion, and I'm so excited. I probably won't eat 100% well that day with all the food that will be there, but it will pretty much just be one big meal that day, it's not like it will be all day. I'm so excited though to show off Mackinley! It's her first time at my family reunion (where she's not in my belly!). There's lots of family that haven't even met her yet. I just hope James can maybe get out of drill to come.
The past week or two, Mackinley has just had a really grumpy period. She's just not entertained with anything for long, and she throws more fits than she used to. At first I assumed she wasn't feeling well, we think she had a little bit of stomach thing, but that went away within like a day, then we thought teething, but I don't know. All I know is that she had a pretty good night last night, in bed by 10:30ish, only woke up once at 4am, and then didn't get up til 9, and now she's been so far not too grumpy today. I'm so thankful for a good day with her! I know she's not near as grumpy as a lot of babies I've seen, but for her, it's grumpy.
I know I had a whole list of things in my head I wanted to blog about, but I haven't found the time to blog so I've forgotten what all I wanted to say!!!! But anyways, it's nap time for Mackinley so for this post, that's it!
James is almost done with the army. He has only 2 more drills to go to. One being this weekend, and one sometime in October. His last official day in the army is October 20th. As of October 21st, he's a free man!!!! We are hoping to plan a nice vacation once he's out. In part to celebrate him being out of the army, in part as an anniversary trip (which is at the end of september), and in part to give us a nice family vacation before James starts school. It's been a long time coming, I'm so happy he's almost done with the army. We have said for a few years now that we want to have a big "out of the army" party, but I'm not sure if we will do that or just take our big vacation and say that's that.
Tonight is the info meeting for the fitness challenge, so I will see how that's all gonna work. From what I've heard, it will be very similar to the last one I was in. Not much has changed, I've heard, but we will see. Today and tomorrow I'm taking it easy and resting and eating whatever I want. Then saturday and sunday will be a prep for the start of the challenge on monday and my first weigh in and training meeting. I plan to try and eat well those two days and make sure I don't show a gain my first weigh in!!!!
Sunday is my family reunion, and I'm so excited. I probably won't eat 100% well that day with all the food that will be there, but it will pretty much just be one big meal that day, it's not like it will be all day. I'm so excited though to show off Mackinley! It's her first time at my family reunion (where she's not in my belly!). There's lots of family that haven't even met her yet. I just hope James can maybe get out of drill to come.
The past week or two, Mackinley has just had a really grumpy period. She's just not entertained with anything for long, and she throws more fits than she used to. At first I assumed she wasn't feeling well, we think she had a little bit of stomach thing, but that went away within like a day, then we thought teething, but I don't know. All I know is that she had a pretty good night last night, in bed by 10:30ish, only woke up once at 4am, and then didn't get up til 9, and now she's been so far not too grumpy today. I'm so thankful for a good day with her! I know she's not near as grumpy as a lot of babies I've seen, but for her, it's grumpy.
I know I had a whole list of things in my head I wanted to blog about, but I haven't found the time to blog so I've forgotten what all I wanted to say!!!! But anyways, it's nap time for Mackinley so for this post, that's it!
Comments
Post a Comment