Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Recipe



This was a simple recipe I just kind of created myself with influence from lots of recipes I've been seeing recently. I've been interested in making some sort of stuffed chicken breasts and there was tons of recipes all over the place, but I just kind of created my own. Below is the recipe for ONE serving. We doubled the recipe, one for both my husband and I.

You Will Need:
-1 chicken breast
-2 tablespoons of cream cheese (1 oz)
-About 1/4 cup of frozen broccoli florets
-Spices of your choosing: I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley
-Toothpicks (or if you have none on hand like we did, we used skewers broken lol)

Directions:
-Slice your chicken breast in half down the middle, horizontally, or so I'm told is called filleting it.
-You can probably use the broccoli frozen, but we cooked it first. Or try fresh, but it may need steamed first.
-Spread the cream cheese on the open chicken breast. I used regular cream cheese, but whipped may spread easier.
-Put the broccoli on top of the cream cheese.
-Fold over your chicken as best as possible and hold shut with however many toothpicks are needed.
-Sprinkle the top with your spices.
-Bake according to the directions on the chicken package. Mine needed to be baked for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees.

This was really delicious and pretty good on calories. Yum! Try it out and experiment with your own fillings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?