Tuna Patty Recipe



This recipe came from My Fitness Pal forum, as far as I know, just an idea they came up with. So I take no credit, but it was pretty good.

You Will Need:
-One can of tuna (I use the kind in water)
-1 1/2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs (I use italian flavored)
-1 1/2 tablespoons of panko (I also use italian flavored)
-One large egg

**NOTE**
The breadcrumbs and panko is estimated. I would say just use the amount that you feel thickens up the mixture enough. It could be more or less than listed above. I just used it until it was thick enough.

Directions:
-Drain the can of tuna and put in a bowl.
-Crack the egg and either put in with the tuna, or put in a seperate bowl, whisk to mix it up, then put in with the tuna. Whichever is easiest for you. I believe I mixed the egg up first, I figured it would be easier by itself.
-Add your breadcrumbs and panko to the tuna and egg and mix well. Add any spices of your choosing. I just added salt and pepper.
-First time making this, I made it all into one patty, but it was really large and hard to get the middle cooked through, so I suggest splitting the mix into two seperate patties.
-Form into hamburger shaped patties, and fry in a skillet coated with cooking spray until cooked through.

I put my patty on a hamburger bun with pickles and mayo, but if I had lettuce and onion, I would have added them too. You can eat them on bread, just plain on a plate with a fork, etc. Experiment with it. You could add some diced tomatoes, onion, or green pepper to the mix. You could use just breadcrumbs. You could try different flavors of breadcrumbs or panko. I've only made it once and know a few things I would change in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?