Day 336 - Treat vs A Reason For Binging

One thing I've struggled with through this whole weight loss journey, is to know the difference between giving myself a treat, and eating one bad thing and letting it lead to a whole day of bad eating.

For example, most of the time, if I would be craving some sort of junk food, such as a couple cookies, then eat said cookies, I would then feel horrible and feel like I screwed up the whole day. That would then lead to more cookies, chips, pizza for dinner, a pop, etc.

When in reality, I need to just say that if I give in and give myself a treat (planned or not), that I can use it just as a treat and not a reason to binge on junk the rest of the day. Just have my cookies and eat a nice, healthy, balanced dinner, and try to avoid anymore snacking the rest of the day.

I've struggled with this fight in my head through this entire weight loss journey, most times failing and giving in to the binge. Every now and then, I would succeed and pull through, and last night was one of those nights. I was able to go get an oreo mcflurry after lunch, have just that, and then have a healthy dinner of reduced fat chicken noodle soup and some toast with nutella. Because of this one treat, yet eating healthy for dinner, I only gained 0.8 pounds. I feel confident I can get that off in a day or two, and was worth having the ONE treat.

I just want to try and get all of you in the same situations, to understand, that if you are craving some sort of junk food, and you give in, don't give up on the rest of the day. Use it as a treat, and eat healthy the rest of the day. If you count calories, your treat may put you over, but just think, it will be nothing in comparison to a whole day of eating badly. I know it's a struggle, and I'm still trying to learn how to do it the right way, but it can be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?