Macaroni Mushroom Bake Recipe

I got this recipe from My Recipes and the Cooking Light website. It was yummy, but not as filling as I would have liked and pretty high in calories per serving. The link to the original recipe is below.
Macaroni Mushroom Bake
You Will Need:
-8 oz elbow macaroni, cooked (I used whole wheat elbows)
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat cheese)
-1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undilute (I used reduced fat/low cal)
-1 cup mayo (I used light mayo)
-1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
-1/4 cup chopped green pepper
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1 cup round buttery cracker crumbs (I used less, about 13-14 crackers, to save on calories)
Directions:
-Combine first 7 ingredients.
-Pour into a lightly greased (I used cooking spray) 2 quart dish (I used a 13x9 pan).

-Top with cracker crumbs
-Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook another 10 minutes.

Pretty simple. If you split the pan into 6 servings to make it your main dish, it is 396 calories per serving. You can also split it into smaller servings to use it as a side dish.
Comments
Post a Comment