Day 343 - Bicycling & Plateaus
Yesterday I decided because of the nice weather, I would get my bike out and my husband and I went for a nice long ride. An hour and 15 minutes total to be exact. I haven't rode a bike in probably close to 3 years or more. While like the saying goes, you never forget how to ride a bike, you can forget how much exercise it actually is for your body. HOLY CRAP am I sore today! My legs, my feet, my butt, and even my palms. It was totally worth it, and I hope to continue with biking a lot this spring, but even though it's another beautiful day here, I think biking is out today because of the soreness I'm having.
What I'm not so happy about, is that with that great workout yesterday, I still gained 0.2 from yesterday. I had almost 1500 calories (plus a big spoonful of peanut butter, my recent craving everyday for the past week or so, UGH!), and I do better when sticking to 1200-1300 calories. But I felt with my hard workout that a little upping in calories wouldn't do much harm, but I've just gotta learn, I see the best results when I'm under 1300 calories. So today I'm gonna try my best to watch my calories, get in just a bit of exercise, maybe a walk or some yard work, possibly even both, and hope for a good number for tomorrow's weigh in.
I thought I broke my plateau, but I seem to be having a cheat day or so about every week now, which makes my plateau stick around. Last weekend, we had taco bell friday (I ate good the rest of the day though), and then it was taco night at my moms saturday, so that day wasn't good. Because of that, I gained about 2 pounds. I have it almost off now, for weigh in tomorrow, but we have more cheat days coming up this weekend! Subway for dinner saturday because my husband has drill and it's hard to cook those days because I never know what time he will be home, and also a shamrock shake in celebration of st patty's day. Then sunday is corned beef and cabbage for st patty's day at my moms house. So what's gonna happen is I'm gonna lose the rest of the 2 pounds, have a decent weigh in, but then gain a few pounds back this weekend, and have to start all over next week!
So hopefully after this weekend, we won't have a cheat day for a while so I can finally see some progress stick! So thanks for reading my semi-rant, but when it comes to life and holidays, that's just how it goes. As long as I spread my cheat days out a little more, I will do much better!
What I'm not so happy about, is that with that great workout yesterday, I still gained 0.2 from yesterday. I had almost 1500 calories (plus a big spoonful of peanut butter, my recent craving everyday for the past week or so, UGH!), and I do better when sticking to 1200-1300 calories. But I felt with my hard workout that a little upping in calories wouldn't do much harm, but I've just gotta learn, I see the best results when I'm under 1300 calories. So today I'm gonna try my best to watch my calories, get in just a bit of exercise, maybe a walk or some yard work, possibly even both, and hope for a good number for tomorrow's weigh in.
I thought I broke my plateau, but I seem to be having a cheat day or so about every week now, which makes my plateau stick around. Last weekend, we had taco bell friday (I ate good the rest of the day though), and then it was taco night at my moms saturday, so that day wasn't good. Because of that, I gained about 2 pounds. I have it almost off now, for weigh in tomorrow, but we have more cheat days coming up this weekend! Subway for dinner saturday because my husband has drill and it's hard to cook those days because I never know what time he will be home, and also a shamrock shake in celebration of st patty's day. Then sunday is corned beef and cabbage for st patty's day at my moms house. So what's gonna happen is I'm gonna lose the rest of the 2 pounds, have a decent weigh in, but then gain a few pounds back this weekend, and have to start all over next week!
So hopefully after this weekend, we won't have a cheat day for a while so I can finally see some progress stick! So thanks for reading my semi-rant, but when it comes to life and holidays, that's just how it goes. As long as I spread my cheat days out a little more, I will do much better!
Comments
Post a Comment