Apples & Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe

I've been trying out real oats, but they are pretty plain sometimes, so I asked for ideas on the My Fitness Pal forums for mix-ins for oatmeal, so I tried out one of them! Apples and Cinnamon!
You Will Need:
-1/2 cup dry oats
-1 cup water
-1 small apple
-Cinnamon (amount is based on your taste)
-Some form of sweetener (honey, splenda, truvia, brown sugar, etc)
Directions:
-Slice up the apple into small chunks, not too thick, and put them in a microwavable bowl. (You're also welcome to cook it on the stove, but I usually use microwave.)
-Add the oats on top of the apples, then the water.
-Microwave according to the oats package directions. For mine, it's a total of 2.5-3 minutes. After the first minute and a half or so though, you should stop it and stir about every 30 seconds. More than once it has overflowed and made a mess in the microwave on me. Not fun.
-Once it's thick or thin enough to your liking, pull it out of the microwave and add cinnamon. However much you desire. Some people like more, some people just like a taste. I added probably two teaspoons I think.
-I did not add a sweetener, but I wished I had. I didn't want to add the extra calories, but it was not quite sweet enough, so I think it needs a little bit of some sort of sweetener. My sweetener of choice would probably be brown sugar.

It was an extremely filling, warm and delicious breakfast. I've got other mix-ins for oatmeal I want to try, but I haven't tried any yet. I will post when I do.
For a large full bowl of it, was only 205 calories, but keep in mind that was without a sweetener.
Comments
Post a Comment