Day 216 - Few Updates
I never posted about my 5K, so I wanted to tell you all about it. The few that read my blog anyways. Plus my blog is mainly my weight loss diary I guess.
The 5K was saturday morning, luckily no rain, kinda cold though. I did the best I could, but of course did not run all the way. I started off running as far as I could, walked a bit, ran a bit more, then walked just a bit more, and then was at the halfway, turn around point. When I hit the halfway point, my time was 19:30.
I grabbed my glass of water, but did not stop, just turned around and walked a bit more until I finished my water. Crinkled up my cup, shoved it in my pocket, then ran just a bit. The way back was a little harder than the way there. I walked a bit, ran a bit, walked a bit, etc. When I was about a third from the finish line, my husband caught up to me. He had finished, waited a few minutes, then turned around and wanted to finish with me. I ran the last few minutes and it was really nice to finish with my husband. My final time was 41:40 which I've heard is pretty good.
There was a total of maybe 45-50 people who participated in the fitness challenge, but only about a third of those I would say were in the fitness challenge. My husband finished first place. Out of EVERYONE. I'm so proud of him. His time was 23:56 I believe. I finished somewhere in the top 15 I think, but I had 6th place out of fitness challenge participants. I'm extremely proud of myself. I was one place away from getting a medal, but that's okay. My husband got first place and a medal, so I'm extremely proud of him.
Over the weekend I took a break on the dieting to enjoy my families halloween party. Then I took enough leftovers home for one meal, planned to have it saturday night, but ended up having it for lunch sunday. So over the weekend, I gained 3.8 pounds. I did not overeat when it comes to portion sizes. I ate a normal size portion of things. It is the calorie content that killed, lack of water, and troubles using the restroom.
Yesterday I got in some exercise, 30 sit ups, 15 minutes of stairs, and a minute of jumping jacks, I got in 11 8oz glasses of water, and today showed some results. I was down 1.8 pounds, meaning I'm still 2 pounds above where I was friday morning and saturday morning. I plan to get in some exercise today and drink tons of water again, and hope to be down my extra 2 pounds, or at least close to it, by tomorrow. Then that will give me a couple days to lose a little extra weight for friday's weigh in.
Even though I did not overeat this past weekend, I was extra hungry yesterday. I ate more calories than I would have liked, but I was still way under my target range. Hopefully today will be easier.
There are only 10 days left in the fitness challenge, so I need to push through and lose these extra 2 pounds I still have regained, then another 1.6 pounds I think it is before the 10 days is over.
Anyways, those are my updates for now.
The 5K was saturday morning, luckily no rain, kinda cold though. I did the best I could, but of course did not run all the way. I started off running as far as I could, walked a bit, ran a bit more, then walked just a bit more, and then was at the halfway, turn around point. When I hit the halfway point, my time was 19:30.
I grabbed my glass of water, but did not stop, just turned around and walked a bit more until I finished my water. Crinkled up my cup, shoved it in my pocket, then ran just a bit. The way back was a little harder than the way there. I walked a bit, ran a bit, walked a bit, etc. When I was about a third from the finish line, my husband caught up to me. He had finished, waited a few minutes, then turned around and wanted to finish with me. I ran the last few minutes and it was really nice to finish with my husband. My final time was 41:40 which I've heard is pretty good.
There was a total of maybe 45-50 people who participated in the fitness challenge, but only about a third of those I would say were in the fitness challenge. My husband finished first place. Out of EVERYONE. I'm so proud of him. His time was 23:56 I believe. I finished somewhere in the top 15 I think, but I had 6th place out of fitness challenge participants. I'm extremely proud of myself. I was one place away from getting a medal, but that's okay. My husband got first place and a medal, so I'm extremely proud of him.
Over the weekend I took a break on the dieting to enjoy my families halloween party. Then I took enough leftovers home for one meal, planned to have it saturday night, but ended up having it for lunch sunday. So over the weekend, I gained 3.8 pounds. I did not overeat when it comes to portion sizes. I ate a normal size portion of things. It is the calorie content that killed, lack of water, and troubles using the restroom.
Yesterday I got in some exercise, 30 sit ups, 15 minutes of stairs, and a minute of jumping jacks, I got in 11 8oz glasses of water, and today showed some results. I was down 1.8 pounds, meaning I'm still 2 pounds above where I was friday morning and saturday morning. I plan to get in some exercise today and drink tons of water again, and hope to be down my extra 2 pounds, or at least close to it, by tomorrow. Then that will give me a couple days to lose a little extra weight for friday's weigh in.
Even though I did not overeat this past weekend, I was extra hungry yesterday. I ate more calories than I would have liked, but I was still way under my target range. Hopefully today will be easier.
There are only 10 days left in the fitness challenge, so I need to push through and lose these extra 2 pounds I still have regained, then another 1.6 pounds I think it is before the 10 days is over.
Anyways, those are my updates for now.
Comments
Post a Comment