Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe

This recipe I found on Skinny Taste. I do not take credit for it. There is a link to view the original recipe at the bottom of the post. I did not change too many things about the recipe, but I will post what I changed.
You Will Need:
-16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
-salt and pepper to taste
-2 tsp olive oil
-6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I could not find whole wheat, so I just used regular italian bread crumbs)
-2 tbsp panko (I used Italian flavored Panko)
-2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
-olive oil spray
Directions:
-Preheat oven to 425. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
-Put the olive oil in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko, and parmesan cheese in another. (I used the whole amount of breadcrumbs and so on, but had TONS left, so I measured out my extras and I could have halved the recipe and saved so much from being wasted. I would suggest maybe not using as much breadcrumbs, panko, and parmesan cheese. I would say start with half the recipe for those 3 things, and then if you need more, just mix up the other half. Then you know what works for you.)
-Season the chicken with the salt and pepper, then put it into the bowl with the olive oil and mix until all the pieces are well coated.
-Put a few pieces of chicken at a time into the bread crumb mixture and coat them, then put on the baking sheet.
-Lightly spray the top of the chicken with olive oil spray, then bake 8-10 minutes. Pull them out, flip them all over, and bake another 4-5 minutes or until they are cooked through.
These were really delicious and made the house smell wonderful. We experimented with different dipping sauces. We tried a light honey mustard, but with the italian flavoring on the chicken, it just wasn't the best. We tried ketchup which was pretty good, and we tried light ranch which was also really good. I also want to try light mayo, because I love mayo on chicken.
Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets From Skinny Taste
Mm, I'm going to make this tonight! I will try to post it on my blog too, but I'll have to use my camera on my phone lol
ReplyDelete