BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe

I was EXTREMELY impressed with this recipe and it was so delicious and low in calories. We will most definitely be doing this again. It was pretty simple to make, did not take too many ingredients, and made enough for 2-4 people depending on how much each person eats. I added notes below as to what I changed or brands I used, etc.

You Will Need:
-2 teaspoons of vegetable oil (I used one tablespoon of olive oil and had a bit of extra oil left in the pan so I probably wouldn't have needed that much)
-1 small skinless, boneless, chicken breast half (Mine once chopped up, probably measured about a cup of chunks)
-1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of barbecue sauce (The lower calorie barbecue sauce you find, the lower calories you are eating. I used a hickory flavor barbecue sauce and it was delicious.)
-1 11in pizza crust (14 oz package) (I used a brand called Mama Mary's 100% whole wheat crust, and it was a 12in crust, at only 100 calories for a sixth of the crust)
-1/2 cup grated smoked gouda (I used mozarella for both, making 1 cup of mozarella, and no gouda)
-1/2 cup grated mozzarella (I used shredded, not sure if it's the same as grated)
-3 tablespoons sliced red onion (I used chopped yellow onion instead)
-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (I used less than a tablespoon of dried cilantro)
Directions:
-Warm the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2 inch cubes. (To make it easier, we chopped up the chicken while raw, then cooked it in the oil and it was all chopped and ready. So much easier and saved time waiting for the chicken to cool, and the chicken did not get browned or burnt at all, making for a better pizza in my opinon).
-Toss the chicken with the 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce in a bowl.
-Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
-Place the pizza crust on a large baking sheet and spread with the 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce, like a pizza sauce. Sprinkle with half of both cheeses (or half of the total cheese in my case), arrange the chicken on top, and then add the rest of the cheese and onion.

-Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, 20 minutes. (This to me was way too long, we baked ours for only 10 minutes and it was the perfect temperature and the cheese was melted good.)
-Let stand for 5 minutes.
-Sprinkle with cilantro. (I put my cilantro on BEFORE baking, because I didn't see the point of waiting until after.)
-Cut into slices and serve hot. (We cut ours into 8 pieces.)
According to my exact ingredients when inputted into my fitness pal, one slice of pizza was only 188 calories. James and I both ate three slices making only 564 calories! It was a delicious pizza. We loved it. I highly recommend trying it!
Comments
Post a Comment