Day 148 - Fitness Challenge
Again, it's been a long time since I've been on, but I've got lots of updates and lots to talk about. I know there's only one or two people who even read my blog, but I still like to write, because it helps me keep track of things and it keeps me busy.
I still have my gym membership and while I haven't been using it as much as I should be, we have still been going to the gym about 1-2 times a week. We have played raquetball or ran on the track during those times.
Unfortunately my weight is back up a bit. Also, unfortunately I only have about 22 days until summer is over, and I really doubt I will meet my goal before then, of being under 200.
My eating has not been BAD, but it has not been good either.
So, the whole point of the post, the Fitness Challenge. At the gym where we have our membership, they do a fitness challenge, every season. James and I joined the Fall Fitness Challenge for this year. It's a 10 week challenge. I still don't know a whole ton about it, the informational meeting is not until next week, but I know some details. The whole point is to lose pounds, lose body fat, lose inches on your body, get stronger and more physically fit, etc. It's a challenge meaning there are prizes for the ones who do the best. I am personally not in it for the challenge. I am hoping to just have people who push me to get better, and maybe meet some new people going through the same things.
As far as I understand, there will be the informational meetings, some other meetings and lectures with a doctor and dietician, and then we also get one hour a week with a trainer. That will be nice.
Last night was the assessment. I did not realize it was a physical assessment along with measurements. I thought they would just weigh us and take some measurements. We also had to check our flexibility, which mine was NOT good at all. We then had to do a cardio assessment. We stepped up onto a step thing up one foot, up the other foot, then down and down for a minute and a half, then switched the starting leg for another minute and a half. Then immediately after we had to have our pulse taken to check our recovery heart rate, meaning how fast our heart rate goes down. Apparently mine was poor. We had to do a grip test by squeezing this thing. We then had to do a weight test. We had to see what the highest we could lift about one or two times, mine was 70 pounds (I could probably push and do more, but they want to leave some room for improvement), and then we also had to pick a medium weight for us (which was about half of our high weight, so mine was 35 pounds), and we had to see about how many we could push out before we got real sore and tired. I did 35 pounds 29 times. We then had to do a sit up test. We had a minute to do however many sit ups we could do in that time. I absolutely sucked. I did 18, but that was not even right, because a few of those 18 I did not even come up all the way or put my hand down and pushed myself up. I haven't done sit ups in a while. Haha. I hope to GREATLY improve that.
I believe the challenge itself starts Sep 12th, and I will probably re-weigh myself come that day, however my official starting weight, based on last nights assessment, is 226.5. Since fall is coming soon and I most likely will not reach my goal of under 200 by then, I am extending my goal, to be under 200 by the end of this fitness challenge, which runs until november 15th I believe. That's two and a half months to lose about 27 pounds.
During this process I hope to keep up on the blogging and document my progress through the whole thing. I know I've said it before, but I paid for this fitness challenge, and since James is doing it with me, I plan to stick with it.
Other than my one hour a week with a trainer, I have big plans to work at it. I would ideally like to visit the gym another 3-4 days a week, rotating around between running on the track, using the exercise equipment, raquetball, and maybe some fitness classes with a friend. I also hope to get on a better diet routine, maybe do some workout videos or kinect games at home, and I want to work on my sit ups for sure. That was really embarrassing, so I want to do a set amount of sit ups like once a day or something.
I need to make sure I don't weigh myself everyday. At least for this process because I don't want to get myself down. I will pick one day a week to weigh myself, and hopefully stick with it. I also may take my picture to SHOW progress once a week, maybe more often. Not sure yet.
This is a big thing for me, so I really am looking forward to it.
If this works well, I may join another fitness challenge. Maybe not for winter, but maybe the spring one. Who knows, maybe I will join every one until I hit my goal weight.
Oh and on a side note, I was told that My Fitness Pal would be used to track food during the challenge and I have already set that up, so I'm good to go in that aspect! I at least understand one thing I will be doing!
I still have my gym membership and while I haven't been using it as much as I should be, we have still been going to the gym about 1-2 times a week. We have played raquetball or ran on the track during those times.
Unfortunately my weight is back up a bit. Also, unfortunately I only have about 22 days until summer is over, and I really doubt I will meet my goal before then, of being under 200.
My eating has not been BAD, but it has not been good either.
So, the whole point of the post, the Fitness Challenge. At the gym where we have our membership, they do a fitness challenge, every season. James and I joined the Fall Fitness Challenge for this year. It's a 10 week challenge. I still don't know a whole ton about it, the informational meeting is not until next week, but I know some details. The whole point is to lose pounds, lose body fat, lose inches on your body, get stronger and more physically fit, etc. It's a challenge meaning there are prizes for the ones who do the best. I am personally not in it for the challenge. I am hoping to just have people who push me to get better, and maybe meet some new people going through the same things.
As far as I understand, there will be the informational meetings, some other meetings and lectures with a doctor and dietician, and then we also get one hour a week with a trainer. That will be nice.
Last night was the assessment. I did not realize it was a physical assessment along with measurements. I thought they would just weigh us and take some measurements. We also had to check our flexibility, which mine was NOT good at all. We then had to do a cardio assessment. We stepped up onto a step thing up one foot, up the other foot, then down and down for a minute and a half, then switched the starting leg for another minute and a half. Then immediately after we had to have our pulse taken to check our recovery heart rate, meaning how fast our heart rate goes down. Apparently mine was poor. We had to do a grip test by squeezing this thing. We then had to do a weight test. We had to see what the highest we could lift about one or two times, mine was 70 pounds (I could probably push and do more, but they want to leave some room for improvement), and then we also had to pick a medium weight for us (which was about half of our high weight, so mine was 35 pounds), and we had to see about how many we could push out before we got real sore and tired. I did 35 pounds 29 times. We then had to do a sit up test. We had a minute to do however many sit ups we could do in that time. I absolutely sucked. I did 18, but that was not even right, because a few of those 18 I did not even come up all the way or put my hand down and pushed myself up. I haven't done sit ups in a while. Haha. I hope to GREATLY improve that.
I believe the challenge itself starts Sep 12th, and I will probably re-weigh myself come that day, however my official starting weight, based on last nights assessment, is 226.5. Since fall is coming soon and I most likely will not reach my goal of under 200 by then, I am extending my goal, to be under 200 by the end of this fitness challenge, which runs until november 15th I believe. That's two and a half months to lose about 27 pounds.
During this process I hope to keep up on the blogging and document my progress through the whole thing. I know I've said it before, but I paid for this fitness challenge, and since James is doing it with me, I plan to stick with it.
Other than my one hour a week with a trainer, I have big plans to work at it. I would ideally like to visit the gym another 3-4 days a week, rotating around between running on the track, using the exercise equipment, raquetball, and maybe some fitness classes with a friend. I also hope to get on a better diet routine, maybe do some workout videos or kinect games at home, and I want to work on my sit ups for sure. That was really embarrassing, so I want to do a set amount of sit ups like once a day or something.
I need to make sure I don't weigh myself everyday. At least for this process because I don't want to get myself down. I will pick one day a week to weigh myself, and hopefully stick with it. I also may take my picture to SHOW progress once a week, maybe more often. Not sure yet.
This is a big thing for me, so I really am looking forward to it.
If this works well, I may join another fitness challenge. Maybe not for winter, but maybe the spring one. Who knows, maybe I will join every one until I hit my goal weight.
Oh and on a side note, I was told that My Fitness Pal would be used to track food during the challenge and I have already set that up, so I'm good to go in that aspect! I at least understand one thing I will be doing!
Comments
Post a Comment