Day 163 - First Trainer Workout & Weight Loss!

Yesterday was our first workout with a trainer. There was 10 people in our group, and there should have only been 7, so it was a little crowded, but not too terrible. Some of them are thinking of switching to tuesdays, so that will work out. James and I would rather stick with thursdays. I'm not sure who caused the mix up and why there was so many people.

I found the trainer very nice. He pushed us a little bit, but also was very polite in the way he spoke. That's what I was hoping for. I wanted someone who would push me, but also make me feel comfortable. I think I found that match!

James is the only guy in our group. But that's not too much of a suprise, because he was one of very few guys in the whole fitness challenge.

I seemed to like most of the people in the group too. They all seemed polite and happy. Maybe minus a couple, but there was really nothing wrong with them for me to dislike them.

First, we had a weigh in. I didn't realize we would be doing that every week, since I was wanting to do my weigh in's at home once a week on mondays. So I think I decided I will just stick with two weigh in's a week. I don't think it's that bad. As for my weight, I was down to 222.0 and this was in the evening, after all my meals and snacks of the day, and before the workout. My weight was down 4.5 pounds from the assessment, and 2.6 pounds from monday! That's 2.6 pounds in four days! My very short term goal, is to lose 2 more pounds, making me 220.0 (or lower) by monday. I think it's very possible. If it's lower, then awesome. With us eating between 1100 and 1300 calories a day, I think it's very possible.

During our training session, we did a lot of different small things. Walking (at a fast pace) on the treadmill (twice), throwing weight balls back and forth, lifting small hand weights in different ways, using those stretchy bands, push ups, stretches, and so on. It was not overly hard. I did not get like out of breath, so it definitely wasn't much of a cardio workout, it was more of a muscle workout. I'm slightly sore today, but not too terrible.

Besides the training session, I also did 20 sit ups. I was gonna stick with 15-20 a day for the first week and then go up, but I decided I would just increase by 5 every day that I do sit ups. So if I do some today, I will try and do 25.

We received a print out of our training session, so we can work on it alone. I plan to do so, any day that I can. I can do some of the lifting and stretches and so on, but I can't do the treadmill or the weight ball or stretchy band.

There seems to be some confusion on how the points chart is working, so hopefully that gets figured out by next week. I am keeping track on my own though, and I may just start filling in the points chart in pencil in case I get it wrong.

We have some added homework from our trainer, besides the things we are already doing. We have to come up with a short term goal, something we want to accomplish by the end of the fitness challenge, and a long term goal, something we want to accomplish in one years time. BESIDES the other three goals we have for homework. So that's five goals I need to come up with before next week.

Anyways, long post I know. There probably won't be much posted between now and monday, because we don't plan to go to the gym before then, because James has drill this weekend. Also, we aren't trying a new recipe before monday. There will be some exercise done between now and then, and I may blog about that, but I'm not sure. So you will at least have a post by monday. Monday is my own personal weigh in and picture day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?