Day 155 - Almost Time To Begin
Last night was the informational meeting for the fitness challenge. We found out some good information. We got a large packet of papers which lays out the whole process, gives us goals each week, and homework to do. We will have to log all our food we eat, keep track of all exercise, and make sure we make time to go to the gym on our own! If we workout just once a week with our trainer, we will NOT succeed in losing any weight. They suggest four times a week, but I am hoping to make sure we at least get there three times. At least for maybe the first couple weeks until we get used to doing tons of exercise. It sounds like a fun program, and I hope it works for us, but it's definitely going to take a lot of effort on our part to make it happen.
We received a packet of healthy recipes, and I hope to try maybe one new one a week. That will be my goal for that. If I find any I like, or maybe even if I don't like it, I will post them and pictures and show all of you, what maybe two people who read my blog. Haha. We also received a packet that just shows examples of proteins, carbs, etc. It will come in handy. Also a packet that shows the glycemic index, which has to do with blood sugar. Luckily I don't have problems with sugar, only high blood pressure, but we are supposed to stay low on the glycemic index chart.
The program technically starts monday. From monday on, maybe not everyday, but often, I plan to blog about this whole 10 week process. Pictures and weight updates included, along with explanations of my workouts and homework and so on. So look for a post monday morning with a picture of me at the start, a current weight (although my starting weight is still what I weighed at the assessment), and my list of homework for the week. Thursdays are our days with trainers, so probably friday mornings you will hear all about those. If I try a new recipe or get a workout in that I want to talk about I will post those throughout the week as I feel like it. I think my weigh in and picture days are gonna be mondays since that's the start of the process.
Anyways, that's it for now I guess! James and I plan to go run tomorrow evening, so hopefully we can stick to it!
We received a packet of healthy recipes, and I hope to try maybe one new one a week. That will be my goal for that. If I find any I like, or maybe even if I don't like it, I will post them and pictures and show all of you, what maybe two people who read my blog. Haha. We also received a packet that just shows examples of proteins, carbs, etc. It will come in handy. Also a packet that shows the glycemic index, which has to do with blood sugar. Luckily I don't have problems with sugar, only high blood pressure, but we are supposed to stay low on the glycemic index chart.
The program technically starts monday. From monday on, maybe not everyday, but often, I plan to blog about this whole 10 week process. Pictures and weight updates included, along with explanations of my workouts and homework and so on. So look for a post monday morning with a picture of me at the start, a current weight (although my starting weight is still what I weighed at the assessment), and my list of homework for the week. Thursdays are our days with trainers, so probably friday mornings you will hear all about those. If I try a new recipe or get a workout in that I want to talk about I will post those throughout the week as I feel like it. I think my weigh in and picture days are gonna be mondays since that's the start of the process.
Anyways, that's it for now I guess! James and I plan to go run tomorrow evening, so hopefully we can stick to it!
Comments
Post a Comment