Cheese Chips Recipe



I found this recipe on the My Fitness Pal recipe forums, and HAD to try it out. I absoultely LOVE cheese, so it sounded delicious.

You Will Need:
-String Cheese (I suggest using Fit and Active String Cheese, because it has only 60 calories each, but I'm sure any kind would still be good)
-A cookie sheet with some foil on it

Directions:
-Slice up the string cheese into little small disks, about a centimeter or two thick. You can slice up one or two or however many you want. At the time I made it, I used two.



-Place the small disks slightly spread out on the cookie sheet on top of the foil.



-Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes depending on how crispy you want them. I baked for 12 minutes, but they were almost too chewy, my jaw started hurting. I think next time I'll try them a little more gooey. I had expected them to spread out a bit more, but they didn't.



-They don't easily remove from the foil, like using a spatula, so you kind of have to pick them off one by one, but it's not too bad. I put them on a plate, but I think the cooler they got the more crispy they were. So if you want them warmer and a little softer, eat them right off of the foil standing over the counter or something. Haha.

I thought these were so good, and if you use the string cheese that I mentioned above, they are only 60 calories each!!!! And no, not each chip, each string cheese, makes like 10 or 15 chips, and those 10-15 chips are a TOTAL of 60 calories! Healthy, cheesy, crispy, chewy, and delicious! I will definitely be making these again. Especially so James is able to try them! He was not home when I tried them this time!

Comments

  1. → I must say, I do not like the look of these in your photos. They look burnt, and you said they were chewy. Not nice! A couple of tips would be to use baking paper instead of tinfoil and even spray that with cooking spray or brush with EVOO. I'd also try at least sprinkling some herbs or something over them for added taste. Those things wouldn't add many more calories surely! ←

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?