It's Almost Summer
I cannot believe how close to summer break it is feeling like recently. This entire week has been really easy for Mackinley. Monday she only had 3 live zoom classes (compared to normally 5-6). Tuesday she only had 2 live zoom classes and was done with all assignments by 1215pm. Wednesday she only had 2 live zoom classes and was done with work before 11am. And today she only had 2 live zoom classes and was done with all her assignments by 930am. Tomorrow she will probably have 3 zoom classes but the schedule has been a little crazy so I am not sure yet until we see the schedule in the morning.
Her last official day of school is May 26th. However because she's virtual, her computer has to be turned in the morning of May 25th. Her last live zoom will be May 24th and then that afternoon is the end of the year school picnic party so she won't have any actual classes or assignments. Her last day for any actual assignments will likely be May 23rd. AND, that's only if they give her things to do because grades for report cards are due by May 19th, meaning nothing they do after that even counts for grades.
On top of all that, she has two days next week where she will have testing and their assignments are usually less on testing days, and she will have less live classes. AND she has an in person science class one day next week, also meaning that day may have less assignments or classes.
Which means, if I did the math correctly, she will only have about 3 more full actual days of school and assignments, plus 3 partial days with less classes and assignments. It's crazy to think that summer is almost here and we have gotten through another year of virtual school. Fourth grade is almost over and she will be starting her last year of elementary school next year, which we have decided is going to be virtual also.
I am looking forward to coming up with a new routine and schedule for the summer. I am looking forward to swimming. I am looking forward to park/lunch dates with my friend (M). I am looking forward to a little more free time for fun and adventures. I hope to make this a very fun summer, with adventurous outings, but also relaxing movie days in our pajamas in the air conditioning, and lots of pool days.
I will likely not start planning much for the first week of summer, we will just go with the flow. But we also will be prepping for a yard sale that first week of summer so there's no sense in making a plan that we won't be able to stick with because we have other things to be doing. I will probably start trying to come up with a plan the second or third week of June, but we will also have all of Mackinley's summer camps through most of June which will end up being a different schedule than no camp weeks. I love planning so I'm looking forward to getting all that ready. This beautiful weather we have been having is helping get me in the summer mood. It's been nice having majority of the day with no school to worry about and the kids get to play (and get on each others nerves), and be outside and watch movies. It almost feels like summer has already started!
Happy Almost Summer!
Comments
Post a Comment