Planning is Life Part 1
I live my day to day life by my planner. My planner is my everything that keeps me on track. I include everything in my planner. Planning is life! This post will be about my main planner, my dated planner.
In my planner, I put the obvious. Appointments. Dentist, doctor, counseling, vet, etc. I put birthdays and holidays and anniversaries. I put special events or activities going on. You know, the usual stuff.
I also include in my planner when I need to pay bills. My streaming schedule rotation. School stuff going on for Mackinley or Leads stuff for Lucas. I write down when we have grocery deliveries coming or grocery pickups. When I need to submit avon orders or send out reminders for an upcoming order.
My planner is still in covid mode so I write down every place we have gone or people we have been around or people who have visited our house, etc. So that I can track where we could have been exposed if we end up sick. We also still quarantine mail and packages and groceries so I write down when I am able to unquarantine things so I can keep track of it. Yeah, yeah, not everyone is still as strict as we are. I know.
The biggest thing my planner does is tracks my cleaning schedule. I have certain things I do certain days of the week, or certain things I do monthly and so on. I write that ALL down. And I follow it as best as I can. So below, enjoy my cleaning schedule. If you're not interested, move along.
Mondays: Put away clean laundry from the past week
Tuesdays: Wipe down ALL counters and tables, put the trash can at the street for pickup Wednesday, and Laundry
Wednesdays: Sweep floors (only the main floor, steps, and hallway get swept every week)
Thursdays: Balance checkbooks, Laundry
Fridays: Organize/file any paperwork from the week, Wash the coffee pot (with soap, not just a quick rinse)
Saturdays: Plan the menu for the following week, write up a shopping list
Sundays: Clean out the fridge, Laundry, and unquarantine mail from the past week
Every other Tuesday: Wipe out the microwave and wash the tray
Every other Friday: Clean the bathrooms (clean toilet and sink and take out trash)
1st of every month: Deep clean the living room which consists of organizing toys that are not in it's place, wiping down the kids tables, dusting, mopping the floor, empty trash can.
5th of every month: Deep clean Lucas and Mackinley's room, although it's usually just Lucas' room, Mackinley takes care of her room for the most part. Deep cleaning consists of organizing and putting away toys in the proper place, dusting, sweeping, empty trash can.
10th of every month: Change all bed sheets (3 beds), wash all blankets and comforters, and deep clean my bedroom which about the same as the others consists of straightening up a little bit, dusting, sweeping, empty the trash can.
15th of every month: Deep clean the bathroom which consists of more than our every other week clean. I wipe down the mirror, wash the outside of the toilet, wipe down any water spots on the walls, dust, clean the shower, sweep and mop.
20th of every month: Deep clean the dining room which means clearing off anything on the table that doesn't belong, straightening up a little, dusting some, mopping.
25th of every month: Deep clean the Kitchen which is pretty involved. I clear the counters completely and wipe them down, wipe and dust the outside of the appliances, big and small, scrub out the sink, wipe down the trash can, put away things not in their place, mop.
I keep track of when I need to put up or take down decorations for holidays, and when to change my bathroom set (I change them with the season). And twice a year we try to move the fridge and freezer and clean under and behind them, and clean out the dryer vent and hose.
So as I said, my day to day life is planned out in my planner and it's the only thing that keeps me on track sometimes. I just cannot even imagine not having it. I've used one for at least 10 years I'd say. I find if I have things written down (which is why my cleaning schedule is included), I am more willing to do them.
Enjoy my (probably) boring post about my obsessive planning. There is a part 2 and part 3 coming eventually too! Happy Sunday, have a good week!
Comments
Post a Comment