Weekend and The Week Ahead
This past weekend was not at all how I planned it. I already posted about how I went to the book sale Saturday morning. And how I started a new book that I was excited about. Well, I spent most of my weekend reading. I FINISHED the new book. I started it Friday evening, read quite a bit on Saturday and finished up the last bit by Sunday afternoon. I don't know if I've EVER finished a book that quickly. Even in my teenage years. I loved it! So I researched the author to see what other kinds of books she has and found out there is a mini novel that goes along with this one! I have it in my amazon cart, but Rachel was looking to see if she may be able to get it from the library for me. If not, I may end up buying it! Next on my rotation in the meantime is a VC Andrews book. Next in my Casteel series is Gates of Paradise. I got it out but haven't started it yet. I will start it today. It features a huge time jump so I'm excited to see what happens.
We were going to try to go to the art show for school Saturday but it just didn't work out for us to get there easily. I spent most of Saturday afternoon reading and playing pokemon. Yes at the same time. We also watched quite a few movies this weekend. All 3 of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies I believe. Plus Monsters Inc and Jungle 2 Jungle. We all felt pretty lazy this weekend and did not get as much done as we had planned/hoped.
Sunday Lucas went to church with mom for the first time ever. He was going with mom and grandma and would be there with Mackinley and Thomas, but for some reason I was a nervous wreck worrying about him. Him going to church meant James and I had some time just us and first thing I did after they left is cry and cry and bombard him with my anxiety and worries. My fears about driving and the summer plans coming up that I would have to drive for, worrying about Lucas at church, worrying about sending Lucas to kindergarten, not knowing if we will ever have a third baby because Lucas is starting to feel like the "baby" of the family, not a middle child. Like I let it all out and I have no idea why. It was like as soon as I had James alone, I needed to talk to him and release all of that built up inside me. I don't get a lot of alone time with James and it's really hard to talk about anything important with kids around all the time, so I let him have it. Poor guy. It felt better to at least voice a lot of concerns though.
While they were at church too, we also spent some time in the attic trying to find things for yard sale. Our attic is like a catch all storage place. We have so much stuff up there and most of which we haven't touched in years. We are having a yard sale in June, so we are trying to get as much ready for it as we can in a short amount of time. I knew I had boxes and boxes of clothes up there that were too small on me that I am finally getting rid of because I may never get back into them. Or maybe if I get rid of them all, it will help me to finally lose weight, because of course it would work out that way.
Other than that, I just got dishes done and laundry this weekend. I had so much more I wanted to do, but just couldn't bring myself to do much. I was enjoying reading and felt pretty tired and lazy. Maybe this week I can catch up.
However, I have a problem I may be dealing with this week. Hopefully not for long. Lucas was up sick during the night last night. Complaining of a belly ache and he threw up a few times. It was a rough night and I am pretty tired. He still doesn't quite feel great today but hasn't thrown up yet again. Hopefully it was something he ate and it will pass quickly.
I was so excited that I have very minimal plans and appointments this week. I only have Lucas' teacher coming. No other appointments, and nowhere I need to go. Except Mackinley reminded me that this week is the trampoline park for homeschool gym, and it's the last one for the year. Ugh. I forgot. And I don't want to go but I did tell her I would try. It may depend on how Lucas is doing though. It all falls back on my anxiety about driving there. I really wish I didn't feel this way.
Speaking of anxiety I am only days away from being off all my medications completely. I completely weaned off Buspar already, a little less than a week I've been off of it. Now I'm working on getting off Abilify. I am working on phase 2 of weaning which is taking half a pill every other day. Wednesday will be my last dose and then I stop. Hopefully I will feel fine after. So far I've been good. Minimally nauseous and mild headaches.
If you're the praying type, please pray for Lucas to feel better. I hope you all have a good week! Thanks for reading!
Comments
Post a Comment