My Exercise Routine

I just finished my exercise for the day so I thought maybe that was something I could blog about! For the past, probably close to a year by now, I have been using videos on youtube by Sharona's Hill for my exercise. I found something I like and I have stuck with it for quite a while. I enjoy her videos so much and that's important if you're going to stick with something. She has a lot of variety in her videos. Most of it is beginner stuff that is easy to follow along. She mostly does dance or walking workouts, but she also has HIIT, treadmill workouts, workouts with weights and so much more. She does themed workouts by musical artist, or movie, or genre, or area of the body (abs, legs, etc). She currently has 535 videos posted and adds usually 2-3 new ones each week.

My favorites are her walking workouts. They are the easiest to follow along, but maybe not the most heart pumping. I set up my own workout schedule at the beginning of each week. I recently took about 3 weeks off I believe, maybe only 2 weeks, I can't remember. Before my break I was trying to do around 25-30 minutes a day, now that I am getting back into it, I'm shooting for 20-25 minutes a day and I will work back up to longer. Here is my workout schedule for this week. I usually only do my workouts on Mondays through Fridays.

Monday
-Sharona's Favorites Dance Workouts (13 min)
-Ciao Adios Walking Workout (3 min)
-Fast Car Cooldown (5 min)

Tuesday (Today)
-Day 1 Back to Basic Walking (7 min)
-Power Walking Workout + Dumbbells (12 min)

Wednesday
-Indoor Walking Weight Loss Workout + Weights (22 min)

Thursday
-Walking Weight Loss Workout Kickboxing (23 min)

Friday
-Kickboxing HIIT Walking Workout (21 min)

Monday and Tuesday are done. A lot of times I seem to follow a theme for the week and this week I have a lot of kickboxing and workouts with weights. My arms are jello today after the Power Walking + Dumbbells workout.

I also have a steps goal I work at. And it's going to seem so minimal to some of you, but I really have to work to get this goal some days. My current steps goal is 5500. After hitting it for 2-3 weeks straight everyday I will up that to 6000 and keep going. It is really hard for me when I hardly ever leave this house. I am constantly up and moving and back and forth and here and there. But when you're in a house all the time, it only takes like 20 steps to get from the couch to the sink or 30 steps to get up to the bathroom or whatever, it takes a while to add up. My exercise usually adds anywhere from about 1200-2000 average steps to my day but that's not usually enough to hit my goal alone. So most evenings I'm pacing as I call it. I walk around the table in the kitchen for 20-30+ minutes just to get the rest of my steps for the day. Some days I don't have the time or the energy to add those extra steps which is why I've been stuck at this goal for months. When the weather is nicer I will be outside more and be able to walk outside more, even if it's just up and down the sidewalk beside my house. But with this winter, I don't have much choice other than to pace back and forth through my house trying to get my steps.

I know I need to lose weight, but I just have not had the motivation to try for it. So best I can manage for now is doing my exercise everyday and trying to hit my steps goal. I've tried a mini weight loss challenge for myself but it was just me and it didn't last long. I just started another one for myself yesterday with a minor goal of 1lb a week for 6 weeks but on the first day it was like I had no sense of control for my eating. So even though I try to be active, if I can't get my eating under control, I know I will go nowhere. It's been a never ending battle for me since I was about 11 or 12. I'm not sure if anything will come of this current mini weight loss challenge, but at least I made the effort to start it, so we will see.

Anyways, for anyone wondering, Lucas seems to be all better now. He hasn't thrown up since 4am yesterday and he ate a somewhat decent dinner last night. Thanks for reading, and check out Sharona's Hill on youtube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?