Planning is Life Part 2

I have more than just my regular dated planner to help keep me organized. This blog post will be about my wellness planner that I got and started in January. It was a new thing I tried this year to try to get my mental health under control. 

In my wellness planner you will find pages for the month to write down everything going on. It also has space for goals for the month, affirmations, self care, and then a space to put highlights and wins at the end of the month. 

You will also find weekly pages where you can track any habits. My habits usually include hitting my step goal, doing my exercise each day, reading at least one chapter of my book, and then the other habits have sort of changed over the past month or so. I got off track from my planner when we went on vacation and then I had my tooth taken out the next week. I was also tracking habits like clearing out emails everyday, meditating or praying everyday, doing surveys on my survey for pay site, and checking my blood pressure everyday. Now that I am trying to get back into my wellness planner after being off track for 3-4 weeks, I am tracking things like reading with Lucas and doing workbook or learning with him. The weekly page also has a large space for notes where I WAS tracking how many servings of each from the food pyramid I was eating, but I just haven't been able to get back to that. I am still tracking how much water I drink though. There is space for tracking progress on any sort of goal you have such as weight loss so I've been using that part off and on. And then there is space for highlights and wins from the week and a space where you can put what needs improvement. Then there is space to put a few things you want to focus on the following week.

There are also daily pages where you can track your schedule, there is space for writing out hour by hour what you need to do. Of course I add any appointments or things, but usually just write down what time I plan to read with Lucas, do his learning, and when I want to do my exercise. There is a space to write down something you're grateful for each day. A place for affirmations for the day. A space for meal plans for the day although most of the time I am writing down after the fact what I ate. I have tried to pre-plan it though too, but it's hard to follow sometimes. There is a space to write active goals for the day which is where I put my steps goal and my plan for exercise. A space for notes or a small to do list. And then there is a checklist to see if you're getting sunlight and air, enough water, nutrients, joy and fun, and enough sleep. I mainly write down the amount of sleep I get, check off if I've been outside or done something fun, and how much water I've had. Then there is a part to reflect on the day, rate it from one to five and write what can be improved tomorrow. 

It really was helping my mental health for a while, but everything got so off track in April, now I'm having trouble getting back into it and letting it actually work. I just haven't been in the mood to track stuff all day long. So I'm trying to figure out if I should keep pushing and it will all come back, or let myself have a break and I can go back to it when I feel ready. I can tell my mental health isn't in as good of a place without a place for me to push and track those things. It just doesn't feel as important when it's not a "goal" of mine to do so many things for myself. But, after 2 weeks on again I just lost interest and haven't used it this week. I think I will give myself a bit of a break until school is out because we will be on a little different schedule and routine so maybe I can start fresh. We will see how it goes. Either way, it's been a helpful tool for my mental health and self care. 

Happy Wednesday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?