Day 372 - Start of New Challenge & 30 Day Shred Day 1

Today is the start of the new 10 Down by Summer challenge. I am not satisfied with my first weigh in, because I gained 5 pounds in the last week of eating junk and not exercising, which is to be expected. But since it is so high, I feel I shouldn't have too much trouble dropping it off quickly, so I'm hoping it will help get me to more than 10 pounds lost. Even if I only lose the 10, it would put me 4 pounds lower than the lowest I've seen so far, and that is progress. So...

Today's Weight: 186.2

This first week's mini challenge is two parts. Do situps on commercials, for at least 2 sets of commercials, at least 5 situps per set. It says evening, but I will probably do that during the morning/afternoon while James is not home to say anything. And the second part is to just get in plenty of water this week. I can do both of those. I've just gotta keep it up past today.

Now, I also started the 30 Day Shred today, level one of course. It's set up as follows:

-2 minute warm up
-3 circuits, each being 6 minutes a piece, within the 6 minutes, there is 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs
-2 minute cool down

It was a little easier than I expected, which means hopefully I should easily transition into level 2 in another 9 days (my plan is 10 days of each level). However I couldn't do a few of the exercises because of my bad knees. I could not do the squats, or either sets of lunges. I still did the strength training with the weights though, but I had to mainly stand still. I did sweat, and my arms are shaky, but I guess I feel it's a little easier than I expected.

My plan is to do this 6 days a week, with one day of rest, and that day will depend on the week. This week, it will probably be sunday. I'm going to do 10 days of level one, and I'm not counting my rest days towards the 10. Then I'll move onto level two and go for 10 days also, and then to level 3 for 10 days. After that I will see if I feel like continuing or being done with the 30 days.

I took before pictures this morning, but I'm not posting them unless/until I get good end results pictures.

I'm gonna try for some other form of exercise later, possibly some Dance Central on kinect. I also want to try and add in other forms of exercise every week, not JUST the 30 Day Shred. I want to take my weekly hour walk at the gym, I would like to run once a week, and get in kinect maybe once a week. Plus it's always nice to take walks with my love, play some basketball, take a bike ride, play racquetball, etc.

So that's my plan and that's my experience with the 30 Day Shred for Day 1, Level 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?