HUGE Blog Change!!!

My weight loss blog, will now change over to an all about baby blog! Yes, you read that right, I have finally gotten pregnant. My husband and I are expecting a baby! So over the next few days, my blog layout, name, background pictures, and everything are all going to be changed over to my new theme. All my old posts are going to remain on here, all my recipes and weight loss posts. Just from now on, my posts will start being about pregnancy, babies, etc. I will still post any recipes we may try, because I like trying new foods. I just started reviewing, but if I feel up to it, I will start posting reviews on pregnancy or baby related items. So it will probably be a baby blog for at least a year I would say. Once I've had baby and am given the okay that I'm all healed up and healthy to start losing weight again, my blog will either change back to a weight loss blog, or it may just be an all about life blog, including weight loss stuff, AND baby stuff.

I haven't posted a lot on here about my husband and I trying to concieve, but we have been trying to get pregnant for a little over 10 months now. I had been taking a pregnancy test about once a month or so, on a special date. For example, thanksgiving day, my birthday, christmas eve, etc. So this month, I took my test on my husband and I's 6 year dating anniversary. Which was Sunday, April 22nd, only two days ago! So I have only known I'm expecting for two days. It's so hard to keep a secret. I took only one test on sunday, and it was a faint positive line, so sunday evening we went and bought some more tests, different brands, and I took two more tests monday morning. Again, positives, even though they are faint positives. So I've gotten 3 positive pregnancy tests, meaning I'm pretty sure I'm expecting!



I was at my mom's sunday, so I had to keep it a secret all day until James got there to pick me up. I decided to show her some pictures of my nephew that I had taken when we took him to the park, these pictures were on my phone. So I was showing her those, then I randomly stuck a picture of the positive pregnancy test in there. That's how we told her I was pregnant. Of course my mom was extremely excited. She's already got one grandbaby, and has been wanting more. Now she is gonna get another one (or two!). On monday, we went shopping and bought a cup that says something about grandma's on it, then we went to visit James' mom. We told her we found something at the store she would like. So after giving her a few other things we had for her, we gave her the cup, and that's how we told her I was pregnant. And she too was very excited to find out she was going to be a grandma! She will be a first time grandma, where as my mom is already a grandma. Either way, this baby will be loved to death by those two!!!! I then made the neccessary calls and texts to other family and friends to let them know, before I said anything online. I called my dad, my grandma, texted my friend, my brother, and an aunt. Then today I announced it online, and have already gotten many nice comments.

I have not yet seen a doctor, so I am not sure how far along I am. I am guessing that I can't be more than 4-5 weeks along, but can't be sure. Before I see a doctor, I need to go to the health department and get a pregnancy test done there so they can give me something confirming pregnancy, so that I can go and get a medical card since I have no health insurance. Once I do that, I will then be able to find a doctor and get in to see one. I hope all that will not take more than a week or so. I want to also get set up on WIC.

There is so much to be done at home too. We are planning to buy a new bed. We have a mattress on the floor that we sleep on sometimes, and I know I can't be getting up and down off the floor for long, plus it's only a super single, so it's small and will get more crowded before too long. We also have a waterbed, but I just HATE waterbeds for some reason. It's hard for me to get out of it as it is, so once I'm bigger it will only get harder to get out. Plus sometimes it's just too warm or too cold, sometimes it hurts my back, sometimes the moving around just upsets my stomach, etc. So we plan to get a queen or kind regular bed frame with boxsprings and mattress. Once we have a new bed, we are going to get our actual master bedroom set up. It still needs painted, and curtains and stuff. Then of course we are going to have to re-do our nursery. Plus many other small things I'm sure.

To be honest, I'm kind of scared to get too excited yet, because I haven't been to a doctor to really confirm things, I worry about my weight or high blood pressure affecting the pregnancy, and so on. I'm really excited, but just kind of nervous for right now.

I have a feeling that throughout my pregnancy, and blogging on here, that I want to be open and honest about my whole experience, so things may get a little personal or gross sometimes. So be warned ahead of time!

As for showing any pregnancy symptoms yet, I'm really not showing too much yet. Other than lack of period, and feeling slightly sick to my stomach. I've also been a little more hungry than normal, and have been feeling better if I eat snacks more often. I changed my calories on My Fitness Pal to maintaining which gives me 2180 per day to eat. I don't know if I will quite need that many, but it's good to know that is what should keep me at the same weight I am. I've also had quite a bit of gas, which are causing some cramping too, but I can't be sure that has anything to do with pregnancy.

For now, I started taking my one a day women's multi-vitamins each day. I've only got a week of them left, so once I run out of those, if I have not been given pre-natals from a doctor yet, I'm gonna buy the one a day brand of pre-natals. I am going shopping today, and I'm going to buy some soymilk so I can drink more milk (I don't like drinking regular milk), some crackers (for any morning sickness), and some juice (because water is not sitting right on my stomach), along with some stretch mark cream! I've already got stretch marks from my weight, so I'm hoping if I start using it now, that it will maybe get rid of what I have, and help prevent any new ones from baby to form.

We are bad about baby shopping. I've had a few gender neutral items that I bought when my nephew was born, for myself to keep afterwards to use for my own future children. But yesterday we bought our first baby item since finding out we are pregnant. We got a yellow (gender neutral) sleeper. James is also big on the movie Cars, and he found some cute little slippers that are Cars themed on clearance, and said he HAD to get them and that whether we had a boy or girl, that they would be a fan of Cars and would wear the slippers either way. Haha.




I plan to wait until I see a doctor before I do too much exercising. I want to make sure certain things are safe for me.

As for my 10 Down by Summer Challenge, I had suggested a few alternate captains to take my place because I would need to drop out of the challenge, but one of the ladies in charge suggested that maybe I can still remain captain until the challenge is over, but just not weigh in. I would really like to do that, so I hope it works out that way. I hate to quit on my team so early in the challenge!

So, for now, that's all I'm gonna post about. I've gotta get a shower and get headed out to do my grocery shopping so I can come home and do housework. I hope you aren't too upset about the temporary blog change! Over the next few days I will update everything else on my blog, so please don't mind the food related background, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?