It's Officially Official! Confirmed!
As you know, I had my appointment yesterday for my confirmation of pregnancy. Well, as I hoped, it turned out to be POSITIVE! I was so relieved when hearing that, and so much more excited, knowing that I was not an idiot, and I actually did the tests right, and read them right, etc. So it's officially official that I am pregnant!
At the pregnancy clinic, I also received lots of information and pamphlets, about birthing classes, options, seat belt safety, WIC, and so much more. I was also given 30 days of prenatal vitamins, YAY! I took my first one today. They gave me a pair of free crocheted booties, I picked out yellow of course since we don't know the sex of the baby yet. They also set me up my first ultrasound appointment (but not for like a month!), unless I get in to see a doctor for an ultrasound before then, and then I'll have to cancel their ultrasound appointment. They said they can only give me the first ultrasound I get. It sucks I will have to wait a month, but it still may end up happening, because I have to get my medical card still and not sure how long that will take. And then not sure how soon a doctor will see me, so my first ultrasound just may end up being there! Doesn't matter I guess either way! I just kinda hope I don't have to wait a whole month!!!
According to the nurse at the pregnancy clinic yesterday (and when I researched it online), based on my last menstrual period, the baby's due date is December 19th. So it will be a near Christmas baby! I got that Baby Gaga App on facebook that everyone seems to use that will post weekly updates of how my baby is progressing inside me. As of today, I am 6 weeks and 2 days along! So until I get another due date or anything, I'll go by that and take pictures every wednesday, when I progress a week along! So, I'm gonna be brave and post the first belly picture I took, COVERED with my shirt (no bare belly pictures quite yet), so please no judgements. Keep in mind I've lost almost 50 pounds and it could be worse, but I've still got a belly that sticks out, that is NOT yet baby.
April 22nd: 5 weeks & 4 days ((Edited to 3 Weeks & 6 Days))
James got some good news yesterday. He was given a $0.60 raise per hour at work if he keeps his mouth shut about it since he's been there so long. I don't know why it's taken this long for him to get that extra raise, but it's awesome, and great timing. It will relly help. And then he's been talking to someone who comes into his work about a job at a bank, and he was told that a new job just came open, so later today he plans to get dressed up and go take in an application. It would be nice if something came of that! Close to home, more pay, probably some benefits that he doesn't have now, and so on.
Today we get to go have the car looked at to see what the squeeking is. I hope it doesn't take long, and I hope it's a simple fix. I don't want to have to pay a whole ton to get it fixed, whatever the problem may be. I'm just hoping maybe a belt is getting ready to go. That should be pretty cheap and quick to fix. Guess I'll know more later.
I took my first pregnant nap today! I've not been "tired" as in needing sleep, I just feel I've been "tired" as in lazy. I only slept maybe an hour, but layed up there an extra hour and a half. It just feels nice to lay down, or just sit. Which is kinda weird for me, because I almost feel as over the last couple years, that I have developed some form of adult ADD. Haha. It's difficult for me to sit still most of the day. I can't even watch tv without feeling like I need something to do. I've always gotta be playing on my computer or making out bills or anything while I watch tv. It's hard to just SIT and watch. And then how I usually get my housework done, is once a commercial hits, I'm up running around sweeping floors, doing dishes, etc, and then once the show comes back on, I'm sitting back on the couch. So it's just weird that I feel like sitting so much more. Or just laying or doing nothing. It's not the "tiredness" of being pregnant that I've heard about though. Maybe it's just my form of tired.
I'm sure I'll think of more to post about, because I always do, but for now, I can't think of anything more. Enjoy!
At the pregnancy clinic, I also received lots of information and pamphlets, about birthing classes, options, seat belt safety, WIC, and so much more. I was also given 30 days of prenatal vitamins, YAY! I took my first one today. They gave me a pair of free crocheted booties, I picked out yellow of course since we don't know the sex of the baby yet. They also set me up my first ultrasound appointment (but not for like a month!), unless I get in to see a doctor for an ultrasound before then, and then I'll have to cancel their ultrasound appointment. They said they can only give me the first ultrasound I get. It sucks I will have to wait a month, but it still may end up happening, because I have to get my medical card still and not sure how long that will take. And then not sure how soon a doctor will see me, so my first ultrasound just may end up being there! Doesn't matter I guess either way! I just kinda hope I don't have to wait a whole month!!!
According to the nurse at the pregnancy clinic yesterday (and when I researched it online), based on my last menstrual period, the baby's due date is December 19th. So it will be a near Christmas baby! I got that Baby Gaga App on facebook that everyone seems to use that will post weekly updates of how my baby is progressing inside me. As of today, I am 6 weeks and 2 days along! So until I get another due date or anything, I'll go by that and take pictures every wednesday, when I progress a week along! So, I'm gonna be brave and post the first belly picture I took, COVERED with my shirt (no bare belly pictures quite yet), so please no judgements. Keep in mind I've lost almost 50 pounds and it could be worse, but I've still got a belly that sticks out, that is NOT yet baby.
April 22nd: 5 weeks & 4 days ((Edited to 3 Weeks & 6 Days))
James got some good news yesterday. He was given a $0.60 raise per hour at work if he keeps his mouth shut about it since he's been there so long. I don't know why it's taken this long for him to get that extra raise, but it's awesome, and great timing. It will relly help. And then he's been talking to someone who comes into his work about a job at a bank, and he was told that a new job just came open, so later today he plans to get dressed up and go take in an application. It would be nice if something came of that! Close to home, more pay, probably some benefits that he doesn't have now, and so on.
Today we get to go have the car looked at to see what the squeeking is. I hope it doesn't take long, and I hope it's a simple fix. I don't want to have to pay a whole ton to get it fixed, whatever the problem may be. I'm just hoping maybe a belt is getting ready to go. That should be pretty cheap and quick to fix. Guess I'll know more later.
I took my first pregnant nap today! I've not been "tired" as in needing sleep, I just feel I've been "tired" as in lazy. I only slept maybe an hour, but layed up there an extra hour and a half. It just feels nice to lay down, or just sit. Which is kinda weird for me, because I almost feel as over the last couple years, that I have developed some form of adult ADD. Haha. It's difficult for me to sit still most of the day. I can't even watch tv without feeling like I need something to do. I've always gotta be playing on my computer or making out bills or anything while I watch tv. It's hard to just SIT and watch. And then how I usually get my housework done, is once a commercial hits, I'm up running around sweeping floors, doing dishes, etc, and then once the show comes back on, I'm sitting back on the couch. So it's just weird that I feel like sitting so much more. Or just laying or doing nothing. It's not the "tiredness" of being pregnant that I've heard about though. Maybe it's just my form of tired.
I'm sure I'll think of more to post about, because I always do, but for now, I can't think of anything more. Enjoy!



I am so happy for you and James. Congrats again!!
ReplyDeleteAShley