Starting To Understand The "Tired"
I've been saying my "tired" in this pregnancy so far is just laziness, but I'm starting to understand the REAL "tired" in pregnancy. The past two days we have been looking at different stores at recliners, and beds and mattresses. All the walking, standing, and stress has actually been wearing me out. We really weren't out shopping around either day for more than an hour to an hour and a half. It has felt good just to sit down, but I've also started the yawning and finding myself closing my eyes for longer than a blink! So it's no longer just body tired, it's actual sleepy tired too. I've got so much to be done, but I'm trying to make sure I take time to relax and put my feet up and rest. The house can be a little messier than usual, because the baby comes first right now. And James has stepped up helping with a lot of things too. It was actually really sweet the other night when he did the litterboxes, he swept all the litter scattered all over the basement floor too. As he said "so it was safer for me to go down there to do laundry tomorrow". He has his sweet moments! I know he's stressed about the amount of things we need to get done too, but we are handling it pretty well so far. We've only known for a week, and gotten so many things accomplished in that time already!
We've been doing bed shopping, because right now we rotate between two uncomfortable beds. We have a queen size waterbed, but I absolutely hate waterbeds. They move around too much, they are either too hot or too cool, they give me backaches all the time because of lack of support, my butt is always on the bottom of the bed, it's not easy to get out of, and they are just downright uncomfortable to me. I've never been a fan of waterbeds. Then we have a super single size mattress in another bedroom on the floor that we sleep on sometimes. It's sometimes more comfortable than the waterbed, but it is pretty cramped. And since it's on the floor, I'm not gonna be able to get up and down off there as I get bigger. So our plan is to get a regular queen size bed frame with a mattress and boxsprings. Something up off the floor, but comfortable, and safer for me being pregnant!
Beds and mattresses are NOT cheap. We've looked quite a few different places. A mattress store (which also sells beds), DFW furniture, Big Lots, Walmart, Connell's furniture, and a couple other places. Our first choice that we've come across so far, is going to cost us $550, which includes a headboard and queen bed frame, a comfortable (not the cheapest) mattress and boxspring set, delivery and set up, and warranty's on both the bed and mattress (the mattress is a 7 year warranty). It's the cheapest bed frame we have found, but not the cheapest mattress set. However with the warranty's and the fact that it's a comfortable mattress, puts it at our top choice. Our second choice would cost us $199 for a queen size bed (floor model, no warranty), and $299 for a comfortable but not as comfortable as the first choice mattress and boxspring set (again a floor model, no warranty). In the end, with no warranty's, with tax, with no delivery, and so on, it's gonna be better for our first choice. Oh and with our first choice, we only need to pay 10% of the total price to put the things we want on layaway, and there's no pay schedule, no time limit to have them hold the items, and this would give us a chance to have the bedroom prepared for the bed, and they can just deliver it, set it up, and we are done!
I've also been looking into rocker/recliners, because I want a comfortable place to sit and nurse the baby in his/her room. I don't want to have to get up multiple times during the night and carry the baby all the way downstairs in the dark to sit on the couch or loveseat to nurse. And I don't really feel that sitting on a bed is going to be comfortable enough, and I would be worried about bothering James during the night. The cheapest we have found of anything similar to what I'm looking for, is around $279-$299. Right now I'm not sure if we are going to be able to afford that, but it's something I think will help with night time feedings. I did find some around $199, but they have hard arms to the chairs, which will not be easy to rest baby or my arm on to nurse, and they didn't rock, only reclined. That may just have to wait for 4-5 months or so, until after our bedroom is all set up, and when we are ready to actually start working on the babies room.
I've not really developed any new pregnancy symptoms. My breasts are definitely more tender as each day passes, but that's to be expected. I've been taking my prenatal vitamins just fine. Still a little nauseau off and on, and cramping off and on. Seems to be slowing down just a bit though. Whether it's because my eating schedule is helping with that I'm not sure.
We've got a busy week ahead of us. Lots of appointments and plans and things to be done.
Monday: Grocery shopping day, laundry day, and going to apply for medical card
Tuesday: Going to possibly go put that bed and mattress on layaway, dusting day, plus other housework
Wednesday: 7 weeks pregnant, sweeping day, mopping day
Thursday: WIC appointment, plus some other housework
Friday: Bathroom cleaning day, plus other housework, and probably catching up on housework I may be behind on at this point
Starting on dinner soon, trying a new recipe called Light King Ranch Chicken Casserole, and I will probably post the recipe on here in the next few days. Then it's bed in a couple hours. I'm sleepy and ready for bed now!
We've been doing bed shopping, because right now we rotate between two uncomfortable beds. We have a queen size waterbed, but I absolutely hate waterbeds. They move around too much, they are either too hot or too cool, they give me backaches all the time because of lack of support, my butt is always on the bottom of the bed, it's not easy to get out of, and they are just downright uncomfortable to me. I've never been a fan of waterbeds. Then we have a super single size mattress in another bedroom on the floor that we sleep on sometimes. It's sometimes more comfortable than the waterbed, but it is pretty cramped. And since it's on the floor, I'm not gonna be able to get up and down off there as I get bigger. So our plan is to get a regular queen size bed frame with a mattress and boxsprings. Something up off the floor, but comfortable, and safer for me being pregnant!
Beds and mattresses are NOT cheap. We've looked quite a few different places. A mattress store (which also sells beds), DFW furniture, Big Lots, Walmart, Connell's furniture, and a couple other places. Our first choice that we've come across so far, is going to cost us $550, which includes a headboard and queen bed frame, a comfortable (not the cheapest) mattress and boxspring set, delivery and set up, and warranty's on both the bed and mattress (the mattress is a 7 year warranty). It's the cheapest bed frame we have found, but not the cheapest mattress set. However with the warranty's and the fact that it's a comfortable mattress, puts it at our top choice. Our second choice would cost us $199 for a queen size bed (floor model, no warranty), and $299 for a comfortable but not as comfortable as the first choice mattress and boxspring set (again a floor model, no warranty). In the end, with no warranty's, with tax, with no delivery, and so on, it's gonna be better for our first choice. Oh and with our first choice, we only need to pay 10% of the total price to put the things we want on layaway, and there's no pay schedule, no time limit to have them hold the items, and this would give us a chance to have the bedroom prepared for the bed, and they can just deliver it, set it up, and we are done!
I've also been looking into rocker/recliners, because I want a comfortable place to sit and nurse the baby in his/her room. I don't want to have to get up multiple times during the night and carry the baby all the way downstairs in the dark to sit on the couch or loveseat to nurse. And I don't really feel that sitting on a bed is going to be comfortable enough, and I would be worried about bothering James during the night. The cheapest we have found of anything similar to what I'm looking for, is around $279-$299. Right now I'm not sure if we are going to be able to afford that, but it's something I think will help with night time feedings. I did find some around $199, but they have hard arms to the chairs, which will not be easy to rest baby or my arm on to nurse, and they didn't rock, only reclined. That may just have to wait for 4-5 months or so, until after our bedroom is all set up, and when we are ready to actually start working on the babies room.
I've not really developed any new pregnancy symptoms. My breasts are definitely more tender as each day passes, but that's to be expected. I've been taking my prenatal vitamins just fine. Still a little nauseau off and on, and cramping off and on. Seems to be slowing down just a bit though. Whether it's because my eating schedule is helping with that I'm not sure.
We've got a busy week ahead of us. Lots of appointments and plans and things to be done.
Monday: Grocery shopping day, laundry day, and going to apply for medical card
Tuesday: Going to possibly go put that bed and mattress on layaway, dusting day, plus other housework
Wednesday: 7 weeks pregnant, sweeping day, mopping day
Thursday: WIC appointment, plus some other housework
Friday: Bathroom cleaning day, plus other housework, and probably catching up on housework I may be behind on at this point
Starting on dinner soon, trying a new recipe called Light King Ranch Chicken Casserole, and I will probably post the recipe on here in the next few days. Then it's bed in a couple hours. I'm sleepy and ready for bed now!
Did the people at the place that you went to (I dont remember the name) tell you that you aren't supposed to change litter boxes? Its something in cat urine or feces i dont remember which one that is dangerous to you/baby right now. You have an awesome hubby! :)
ReplyDelete